Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone ever try this rolling pecan picker-upper to shag brass?

I called another company that makes a similar item. They wouldn't even sell it to me when I told them there was pea gravel inolved. If you hae a plain dirt or grass range rumor has they are great. I'll look forthe websight for that one and get back to you.

Jason

Found it, http://baganut.com/subcat4.html It's expensive but this is the only one I've ever heard of.

Edited by shooting for M

I called another company that makes a similar item. They wouldn't even sell it to me when I told them there was pea gravel inolved. If you hae a plain dirt or grass range rumor has they are great. I'll look forthe websight for that one and get back to you.

Jason

Found it, http://baganut.com/subcat4.html It's expensive but this is the only one I've ever heard of.

We've got one at each field at the clays range. Works great at picking up shotgun hulls on either grass or concrete. However our pullers (trap rats) prefer to gather up the hulls with a garden rake rather than wheel the machine around.

There is one at the sheriffs range where we have our matches. Works great on concrete picking up all calibers of brass. Doesn't work as well on grass. Leaves as many as it picks up. We've given up on it.

Yeah, I have used that super expensive (and mainly plastic) push around brass collector, but only on the concrete floor in an indoor range. Yeah, it worked great. I can't remember if it picked up the .22's also. It would be cool if it left the .22's on the floor or spit them out into a separate tub/bin just for .22's.

$375 is a lot of money to spend for something to pick up brass vs. the $30 dollar pecan picker-upper.

I've heard of some places selling 700 to 1,000 pieces of 9, 40 or 45 brass for $35 bucks. The 30 dollar pecan picker upper, IF it WORKS, would seem like a quicker return on my investment, that is if it works.???

Anyone else?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bueller?

Thanks for the replies so far.

At the range I used to work at, we used a 4' shop broom. Pushed them into a corner and used an 18" dust pan. I think it cleaned the area as fast as it could possibly be done.

We tried a similar contraption on the grass, but it was 50/50 when the grass was wet.

Edited by moredes

• 2 weeks later...