Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production legal mods?

Jason Goodman

Best thing to do would be to research via the rule book, but I believe all are approved, since they can be purchased with other Glock models.

My personal belief is that you are better off without the extended parts, but the 3.5 is a must! See my post about the free 3.5 connector offer from Lone Wolf, their's is probably the best on the market!

Replacing stock parts for stock parts is acceptable.

Making internal modifications that do not circumvent the safeties is acceptable.

IMHO the extended mag release is a good thing, but the extended slide lock lever is more trouble than it is worth. Often times, shooters will rub against the ESLL and cause malfunctions.

• 3 months later...
IMHO the extended mag release is a good thing, but the extended slide lock lever is more trouble than it is worth. Often times, shooters will rub against the ESLL and cause malfunctions.

...and as a lefty, I'm thinking the opposite is true. :) The extended slide lock lever is handy if you are using the index finger on it, and the extended magazine release tends to scrape up your hand, depending on your hand size. If you are left-handed, you don't need to worry about accidently hitting the slide lock level.

I can see why the opposite would be true for a right-handed person.

Thomas H.

Replacing stock parts for stock parts is acceptable.

Making internal modifications that do not circumvent the safeties is acceptable.

I agree,I took the extended release off and opted for the old style.My thumb would hit it and cause the gun to go to slide lock.

...and as a lefty, I'm thinking the opposite is true. :) The extended slide lock lever is handy if you are using the index finger on it, and the extended magazine release tends to scrape up your hand, depending on your hand size. If you are left-handed, you don't need to worry about accidently hitting the slide lock level.

I can see why the opposite would be true for a right-handed person.

Thomas H.

I was shooting a match with a lot of weak hand (left) this summer, what a pain! The extended mag release is definitely not made for lefties

• 1 month later...

I have a G17 that came with the NY1 trigger.

I, also have a G35 and it comes stock with the 3.5# trigger and extended mag release. I swapped out the connector and trigger spring from the 35 and istalled them in the 17. I purchased a Ghost 3.5# connector, trigger springs and sundry parts and installed them in the 35.

The 17 is good to go in production, and the 35 is for anything else.

Oh yes, I did the 25 cent trigger job.