Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Funny stuff in the Hate Forum

Fireant

I'm not supposed to add just comments in the hate forum, so here goes. Z and Tightloop you too crack me up. I'm still laughing over those comments. Maybe it's because I agree 100% with you.

I was just born 100 yrs too late...1846 would have suited my disposition lots better than the stuff that comes up today... :closedeyes:

I hear you. Imagine being a public school teacher with those views in todays world. It's a battle every day.

I know lots of teachers and they all have my personal admiration....it is a thankless job that is way under paid..I could not do it...I would last about 12 seconds after the first smart alec told me No F**king way ....

Also afraid I might have been on the wrong side of the law even 100 yrs ago...some of the best rode both sides of the trail back then out of circumstances sometimes beyond their control...

just born 100 yrs too late...1846 would have suited my disposition lots better than the stuff that comes up today... :closedeyes:

Damn... I say this all the time, and thought it was just me. Definitely living in the wrong time. :blink:

Yep, when time travel is avaliable, I'm going back for a look see..

I hear you. Imagine being a public school teacher with those views in todays world. It's a battle every day.

I know lots of teachers and they all have my personal admiration....it is a thankless job that is way under paid..I could not do it...I would last about 12 seconds after the first smart alec told me No F**king way ....

Also afraid I might have been on the wrong side of the law even 100 yrs ago...some of the best rode both sides of the trail back then out of circumstances sometimes beyond their control...

+1 :cheers:

just born 100 yrs too late...1846 would have suited my disposition lots better than the stuff that comes up today... :closedeyes:

Damn... I say this all the time, and thought it was just me. Definitely living in the wrong time. :blink:

Rhino says the same thing about the Crusades (1st or 2nd, no matter).

Were the horses big enough for the caped Purple One...?

I'm sure we can find a Belgian or similar what we can fit a saddle onto. Hell, why not like Hannibal and give him a damn elephant - he wouldn't care. As he says "...there's nothing like killing in the name of God!!!" :ph34r: You should have seen the look on the faces of young couple at the table next to us when he said that aloud. :huh:

Edited by BigDave

I'm sure we can find a Belgian or similar what we can fit a saddle onto. Hell, why not like Hannibal and give him a damn elephant - he wouldn't care. As he says "...there's nothing like killing in the name of God!!!" :ph34r: You should have seen the look on the faces of young couple at the table next to us when he said that aloud. :huh:

I would have given a Ben Franklin to see their faces...priceless...

and as Siggy said the 50's were dull...now the 60's...I cantell you from personal experiece..Very Cool indeed...

Edited by tightloop

late 50's into the 60's, I guess. But I'll stay away from the drugs. I'm thinking muscle cars.

Yes baby....when gasoline and horsepower were both cheap and avaliable...great times....400 hp on pump gas which was 33 cents a gallon....

"...there's nothing like killing in the name of God!!!" :ph34r: You should have seen the look on the faces of young couple at the table next to us when he said that aloud. :huh:

Oh hell yeah! Doing God's dirty work sure makes a fellow feel righteous. Reminds me of the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch.

1920's east central Africa for me!!!!

That is when I would have really loved life!!!

BTW, Out Of Africa is my favorite movie!!

And yes, I do hold some rather NON-Politically Correct views. But who on earth defines political correctness????? A bunch of bunny hugging, civil rights brandishing LIBERALS!!!!

If real people were in charge of political correctness, there would be lots of things different, PROFILING would be one of them for SURE!!!!

I will stop there, you get my point!!!!

1920's east central Africa for me!!!!

That is when I would have really loved life!!!

BTW, Out Of Africa is my favorite movie!!

And yes, I do hold some rather NON-Politically Correct views. But who on earth defines political correctness????? A bunch of bunny hugging, civil rights brandishing LIBERALS!!!!

If real people were in charge of political correctness, there would be lots of things different, PROFILING would be one of them for SURE!!!!

I will stop there, you get my point!!!!

right on Z....a foot safari, to Ngoro Ngoro Crater in about 1930 with your .470 NE for the Big 5 would have been IT...

Loved Out of Africa..the characters in real life were SO much more than the movie made them out to be...

TL

You would be the perfect hunting companion for that life!!!

I think I would opt for a .416 Rigby, Plane Jane style, not into engraving and that fancy stuff.

I also think I would have to go thru times of just Cape Buffalo hunting, I love it, that is my favorite animal to hunt.

When I GET my elephant, I may change my mind tho. Everyone I know that has hunted elephant says it is the most exciting and biggest adrenaline rush of all

edited to reflect proper caliber and the era

Edited by zhunter

When I GET my elephant...

With a bow or a single stack?

:rolleyes:

BOW!!!! My cousin already did it. He was an A-10 pilot in the first Gulf War, flew 48 missions, and says that the Elephant Hunt with the bow blew away the rush of the 48 missions by far!!!

Sign me up!! It is just a matter of saving the $25,000 for the hunt :angry2:

Thanks Z....If you are going to do it right, the .458 is out...did not come out till 1955 or so..have to be the 470NE, 416 Rigby, or one of the others, like 475, 475#2, 450 3 1/4", 476 Wesley Richards, 500 NE...you get the drift...If I had the loot, I would spring for a 88B Heym chambered for .470NE...plain jane working DR...I know, not from one of the bespoke companies like H&H, Purdey, or Rigby, but has all the good stuff, double triggers, splinter foregrip, double sear blocks, and they have that certain panache'...and I could forego Tembo for ever...but would like to get a lion and then many Buff...I have a couple, but a couple dozen would be fun too..

Would back you up while you arrowed a buff...like to see that in person...