Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting glove?

Evil Dog

Was just over to the Smith & Wesson factory website and noted a real spiffy looking shooting glove... S&W logo and such. Comes in right hand only, guess it is a good thing that I am not left handed. Just wondering how many of you actually use a shooting glove.... or would I be better off saving my eleven dollars and change (plus shipping)?

The only time I use a glove is when I shoot full power hunting loads from my Freedom Arms 454. Or my SSK 444 Marlin Contender. Which ain't very often. And then I don't use a shooting glove but a heavy leather work glove. Not to pad my hand really but to keep sharp edges and such from cutting into me. That said my glove has blood stains on the inside so it don't help a lot.:-)

If I was going to wear a glove shooting revolver I would wear it on my left hand (right handed). Then you would have some protection from a hot gun during a reload and if you have a sticky moonclip where you really have to hit the ejector rod real hard. I have a few scares in my left palm from ejector rods.

I am still not smart enough to wear a glove on my left hand, just dosen't feel right.

I scorched my left hand (I'm a rightie) pretty good a week ago after doing a bunch of reload drills. That forcing cone gets freakin' hot in short order. I'm going to wear a Blackhawk nomex air-force style glove on that hand this week at practice to see how that feels. If it does not make me clumsy I'll stick with it despite the abuse I'll take from the other guys. Now they'll get their chance to pay me back for the ribbing I give them when their bottomfeeders malfunction in mid string.

If I was going to wear a glove shooting revolver I would wear it on my left hand (right handed). Then you would have some protection from a hot gun during a reload and if you have a sticky moonclip where you really have to hit the ejector rod real hard. I have a few scares in my left palm from ejector rods.

I am still not smart enough to wear a glove on my left hand, just dosen't feel right.