Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mag release

ashman627

They are prejudiced against short thumb people. I use an ext. mag release on my carry 1911, but bill Wilson says I'm taking advantage of the bad guy's in a gunfight. IMO - Stupid rule.

... and Mr. Wilson just happens to sell a IPDA legal extended release. :)

The line's gotta be drawn somewhere. I bet that there's lots of folks that carry pistols with laser sighting systems and compensators. Should they be let in too?

All rules are compromises. There will always be those who fall on the unfavored side. Does that make it a bad rule?

... and Mr. Wilson just happens to sell a IPDA legal extended release.

As do many other companies. He also sells lots of stuff that's not IDPA legal. Let's try to leave the "Bill Wilson set up the IDPA Rule Book so he can sell more stuff" intimations where they belong - off this board.

... and Mr. Wilson just happens to sell a IPDA legal extended release.

As do many other companies. He also sells lots of stuff that's not IDPA legal. Let's try to leave the "Bill Wilson set up the IDPA Rule Book so he can sell more stuff" intimations where they belong - off this board.

Duane,

Intonations can get lost when typing. Someone easlier stated his paddle release isn't legal, and I was stating he made one that fits in side the rules also, so you short thumbed people need not worry. That was why the smiley face was there. I actually have a SS setup up for L10 with the paddle, and I just switch it to the other release if I were to shot CDP. It really isn't a big deal.

Dealing with all the rules can by frustrating for sure (in IDPA AND USPA) when you have guns that are so close to be legal for a division. I have a nice Tagfolio I would love to use in Production (but non Glock or XD single action type guns aren't allowed), and a nice SVI .40 to use in ESP but it has a bull barrel (but I just switched out the barrel to a bushing so now it is :) )

Knowing that a bull barrel won't give you an advantaged chapped my hide for awhile. I realize that it is pointless to let the rules bother you. Just do what they asked, and shoot. Life is much easier and less stressful that way.

for those who don't know.......... :closedeyes:

in·to·na·tion [ ìntə náysh'n ] (plural in·to·na·tions)

noun

Definition:

1. pitch of voice: the rising or falling pitch of the voice when somebody says a word or syllable, or the rising and falling pattern of speech generally

2. intoning: a saying or chanting of something in a solemn or serious way, or something said or chanted in this way

3. music accuracy of pitch: accuracy of pitch in performing music

4. music beginning of Gregorian chant: the opening phrase of a Gregorian chant, sung by a soloist or just a few members of the choir