Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which AR?

TRK

Ya' want a custom jobbie, IMHO, only JP, Triangle (Benny Hill), or MSTN are worth it for full on gun racing.

Lookin' at a stocker? Look hard at DPMS, or Cavalry Arms.

Just make sure ya' get yerself' a flat top one. The carry handle and fixed front sight are pretty passe'.

Can't go wrong with any of the above choices, or a few others for that matter.

Ya' want a custom jobbie, IMHO, only JP, Triangle (Benny Hill), or MSTN are worth it for full on gun racing.

Just make sure ya' get yerself' a flat top one. The carry handle and fixed front sight are pretty passe'.

Passe!?!?! :angry:;)

Some of us shoot iron sights for fun. :P;)

+1

FOR "SAW CUSTOM"

LEON DENINA

It is really great having a custom AR that will run as accurately as anyone's custom rifle at a price no more than that of someone else's "stock" AR. John Paul makes a work of art and Benny Hill is a great gunsmith but no one delivers more gun for the dollar than SAW.

Charles Bond

SAW custom is unreal for the money, and Henry is a good guy to deal with. I shot only HM but he built me a rifle and next year will be a 223 limited year. Call him and you'll get the must bang for the buck.

When folks shoot irons.....it means they can still....SEE :surprise:

Jim

Jim

Jim,

I'm shooting irons as long as my eyes hold out. THEN I'll put one of those funny looking tubes of glass on my gun. :devil:

SAW custom is unreal for the money, and Henry is a good guy to deal with. I shot only HM but he built me a rifle and next year will be a 223 limited year. Call him and you'll get the must bang for the buck.

Is SAW Custom the same guy that used to be at all the gunshows with rows of M1As, M1s and ARs? That guy had some nice rifles at that time. I was just wondering if this would be the same guy and how to get in touch with him.

Jim

Jim,

I'm shooting irons as long as my eyes hold out. THEN I'll put one of those funny looking tubes of glass on my gun. :devil:

Well I have seen you throw down a wicked long range stage at Johnson 3 gun :surprise: so you must still see purdy good :D

Jim

Is SAW Custom the same guy that used to be at all the gunshows with rows of M1As, M1s and ARs? That guy had some nice rifles at that time. I was just wondering if this would be the same guy and how to get in touch with him.

I doubt it. Henry usually only does gun shows in Georgia and he has not had rows of anything since the squeeze on parts. His phone numer is 478-986-4156.

Charles Bond

Jim

Jim,

Well I have seen you throw down a wicked long range stage at Johnson 3 gun :surprise: so you must still see purdy good :D

Jim

I've got a special secret advantage.... :devil:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you are talking about Robbie Johnson who was second OVERALL in Tactical division, and FIRST Iron sight shooter?

Third place overall and SECOND place iron sight shooter, used a one of a kind custom J.P. long sight radius ( very cool A-2 front sight that can't snag like the globe sight on a rail ) rifle, shooting 55 gr bullets.

Are you are talking about Robbie Johnson who was second OVERALL in Tactical division, and FIRST Iron sight shooter?

Third place overall and SECOND place iron sight shooter, used a one of a kind custom J.P. long sight radius ( very cool A-2 front sight that can't snag like the globe sight on a rail ) rifle, shooting 55 gr bullets.

Kurt,

I thought Benny was Mr Modest!

Looked to me Like a shameless pug for J.P. willing to buil one of a kind rifles for people!

Robbie KICKED my a@# and that is no lie; he was first Iron sight shooter, and I guess you would have to know the scores to know who the number 2 iron sight shooter was, and I KNOW he wasn't shooting a SAW custom. and as Benny Hill ( the worlds greatest gunsmith on anything worth shooting and who builds the best 6" 5" and ARs in the land...another shameless plug??) it ain't bragging if you can do it :lol:

Looked to me Like a shameless pug for J.P. willing to buil one of a kind rifles for people!

Robbie KICKED my a@# and that is no lie; he was first Iron sight shooter, and I guess you would have to know the scores to know who the number 2 iron sight shooter was, and I KNOW he wasn't shooting a SAW custom. and as Benny Hill ( the worlds greatest gunsmith on anything worth shooting and who builds the best 6" 5" and ARs in the land...another shameless plug??) it ain't bragging if you can do it :lol:

I know both of you can do it! :cheers:

At the risk of being repetitive, I would concur with most of the recommendations.

JP (sponsor plug), MTSN, Accuracy Speaks (amigo plug) and Benny Hill (amigo plug) are really the top of the heap for racy 3 gun oriented ARs. They all sponsor 3 gun matches and they've all been around a while.

Sabre Defense, DPMS (amigo plug), POF (amigo plug) and DSA (sponsor plug) all make good products and all generously sponsor 3 gun. I think Smith and Wesson has started to as well but I have little direct experience with their AR to actually recommend them. Jerry seems to shoot one (albiet highly modified) pretty well.

This list is certainly not all inclusive but whatever you do, don't give $$ to those companies/gunsmiths who do nothing for our sport.

Second to all the above. The big thing is stick to the companies that support our sport.

Rich

Thanks everbody I have a place to start now. See a lot of Bushmaster stuff out there. Do they not support?

Yes, if fact they do. I think you should try the He-man division, this would give you a reason to get an Armilite .308 AR-10. Im supprised no one mentioned Armilite and yes they support 3-gun. 1 draw back is EVERYTHING is way more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :cheers: