Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel1212

steel1212

Here is my Single Stack Nationals Video. I ended up coming in 15th overall. I bombed a couple stages pretty good but I had 5 top 10 finishes and the rest where 28th or better other than the 3 bombs. Need to clean up a few things for next year but this year is in the books.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job.

Can I pick your brain on Stage 13. Why did you opt to go to all three positions on the right hand side? Your finish is still high so I am not doubting you exactly but the middle position could be eliminated, and would that not make you faster with all other things being equal?

Edited by Coach

Nice job.

Can I pick your brain on Stage 13. Why did you opt to go to all three positions on the right hand side? Your finish is still high so I am not doubting you exactly but the middle position could be eliminated, and would that not make you faster with all other things being equal?

I didn't see a way to eliminate the middle position with that target all the way forward. You either had to finish there or do what me and Shaun did. Our entire squad shot left then ran right then went forward. I started second guessing my plan but I already had my plan and rolled with it.

My time would have been MUCH better had I not done to extra reloads AND edge hit the activating popper.

Anyway to answer your question, our thinking was that if we went forward we aren't crossing the same ground twice and we shooting quicker instead of running farther. I.E. we only had to take a few steps before we are shooting again instead of crossing the entire stage. Look at Shaun's stage as he did it all correctly with out the extra reloads and slow activator and he finished just .75 off off the stage winner and only 9 stage points back.

I would like to see how Nils, Todd, and Matt Trout shot it.

Nice job.

I didn't see a way to eliminate the middle position with that target all the way forward. You either had to finish there or do what me and Shaun did. Our entire squad shot left then ran right then went forward. I started second guessing my plan but I already had my plan and rolled with it.

My time would have been MUCH better had I not done to extra reloads AND edge hit the activating popper.

Anyway to answer your question, our thinking was that if we went forward we aren't crossing the same ground twice and we shooting quicker instead of running farther. I.E. we only had to take a few steps before we are shooting again instead of crossing the entire stage. Look at Shaun's stage as he did it all correctly with out the extra reloads and slow activator and he finished just .75 off off the stage winner and only 9 stage points back.

Thanks.

Manny finished 5th on this stage and I have it on video if you want to see it. It was his one good stage. He had gun problems. My original plan was going to go like you did it except skip the front corner position. I was talked about of it by a couple of devious squad mates.

Nice job.

Thanks.

Manny finished 5th on this stage and I have it on video if you want to see it. It was his one good stage. He had gun problems. My original plan was going to go like you did it except skip the front corner position. I was talked about of it by a couple of devious squad mates.

I would like to see his video. How where you going to skip that far front target? I didn't see anyway to get it.

• 2 weeks later...

My Ohio State USPSA video

Was sloppy with the points. Not counting the last stage that I zeroed due to a squib I was192 A, 8 B, 46 C, and 5 D, 1 NS, and the given Procedural for stage 4.

I've NEVER had a squib at so much as a local match and there I am on the last stage 8 shots in and have one. I guess I'm lucky it happened on the last stage as if it had happened earlier I probably would have lost it. I was noticably upset about it as I though my match was over as Tim Kunz and Mike Foley where having pretty good matches from what I had seen. I'm not one to look at scores and try to get X I just show up and shoot. I ended up winning every stage but 2. One I zeroed and one I had trigger freeze and got a NS on some fast max traps.

In the end it worked out but man I'm gonna have to shake that squib off the next few days! It was a hell of a fun match against some good shooters. I'll be switching back to production for a little while to work on that aspect of my game again.

Shot fairly well today. I'm still stuck in SS mode where if I'm moving I'm reloading. It will take me a bit to get out of that. Had a weird jam at the end that I can't figure out and the video didn't really catch it hmmmmmm.

1339902032[/url]' post='1726055']

Why are you not kicking ass at area 5? Would have really liked to see you up against ben, mink, and frank Garcia

You are a freaking monster with those cz's!

Its to far to travel. I would also love to see where I'm at compared to the top shooters in production.

Why are you not kicking ass at area 5? Would have really liked to see you up against ben, mink, and frank Garcia

Its to far to travel. I would also love to see where I'm at compared to the top shooters in production.

It was a haul, we drove over Thursday, got to walk stages, shot all day Friday and drove back, I rolled in at 4am

13 in one day was tough and kicked my fat ass on the last two. Had good hits and only one mike going and then picked up a no shoot and two more mikes on last two, just lost focus.

Where you are at right now shooting it would have been a good battle against you guys.

1339903403[/url]' post='1726069']
1339902855[/url]' post='1726062']

It was a haul, we drove over Thursday, got to walk stages, shot all day Friday and drove back, I rolled in at 4am

13 in one day was tough and kicked my fat ass on the last two. Had good hits and only one mike going and then picked up a no shoot and two more mikes on last two, just lost focus.

Where you are at right now shooting it would have been a good battle against you guys.

I think I have the speed but I think they would kill me in points. They just don't drop many and they don't make mistakes.