Top Posters In This Topic

OK I got some footage uploaded.

Here you go!

The conditions.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=708462065168788630

Swingin' Six(stage 8)

Me

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6074897380731411345

The rain didn't cause the loss of focus. I just suck!

Old School

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1886352548860071403

Fort Hardcover(stage 9)

Me

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7912217833777589577

After these few stages the rain was just too much for me to worry about the hat cam.

I wish I had caught Mr. Bragg playing in the mud!!

OK I got some footage uploaded.

Here you go!

The conditions.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=708462065168788630

Swingin' Six(stage 8)

Me

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6074897380731411345

The rain didn't cause the loss of focus. I just suck!

Old School

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1886352548860071403

Fort Hardcover(stage 9)

Me

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7912217833777589577

After these few stages the rain was just too much for me to worry about the hat cam.

I wish I had caught Mr. Bragg playing in the mud!!

If ya got em put two on the activator to get it moving. ;) I know you shot it first, so you could come back to the swinger, but having missed and extra shot to get it moving might have saved you a sec.

Thanks for the video... I almost went to this match and am glad I didn't. :o

Edited by JThompson

Just got back, what a mess :rolleyes:

Don't quote me on these they are from memory.

Manny-Limited

Nick Kalishek-Open

Mike Carmoney-Revolver.

Bryan Dover-L-10

Sorry I can't remember any of the others. I think these are correct. Don't get too excited if they don't get the scores up right away, we had 6 to 14 inches of rain last night depending on where you were at in the area. Needless to say it was a mess. Flex will chime in on that. The stage he RO'd. was the worst.

Tom

Just returned home from Area 5. My first big match is now complete. Not real happy with my performance. The match was really interesting, and very challenging. The weather conditions sound like they were better then yesterday, Still very damp. Recovering dropped mags was a challenge. I learned alot from this match, and found alot of things I will never do again. Not sure if it was due to the damp weather, but I had 3 primers fail to detonate. This particular Brand of Primer will never be allowed into my reloading room again (AAARRGGH). I was fortunate enough to shoot with a Production Grandmaster, Robert Vogel. I learned alot from him and will never look at a stage the same again.Robert ended up winning production class, and with his performance, in these conditions, he deserved it. Congratulations Robert. Overall, It was a good time. As usual the staff did a great job, and deserve alot of credit. I was also really amazed at all of the donated items, from the sponsors, very generous. Thanks for all the hard work Guys. Dave Schaefer.

I also want to add that Lucas Webster won single stack. So between Tom, and my post, I think we have all of them covered.

Edited by waxman

Just got back, what a mess :rolleyes:

Don't quote me on these they are from memory.

Manny-Limited

Nick Kalishek-Open

Mike Carmoney-Revolver.

Bryan Dover-L-10

Sorry I can't remember any of the others. I think these are correct. Don't get too excited if they don't get the scores up right away, we had 6 to 14 inches of rain last night depending on where you were at in the area. Needless to say it was a mess. Flex will chime in on that. The stage he RO'd. was the worst.

Tom

Tom. I kept a close eye on it since I was going to go an pulled out... the weather radar was very nasty. Hope the trench foot heals soon. :(

JT

M&P certificate = free gun your choice of caliber. Good job Buckwheat. :cheers: It was nice meeting you (we were bs'ing about the USAF) All's I won was muddy boots but had a good time anyway. Ronnie C and da fella's always put on a good match.

I shot Saturday, poorly, in the rain and mud. Conditions were really tough but I had a good time. I shot with Manny and Ted, if there are two nicer guys in sport I would be shocked. They still just burned the place down in the rain and mud, it was inspiring to watch.

I won an XD from the prize table, first time I have ever won a gun, so that was really cool.

knightofflight, I think I was sitting next to you at the awards ceremony (extractor jokes), small world.....

Got home last night. Opened my duffle this morning...

ON SALE: Pure 100% Choice Wisconsin Mud. Clearance Sale! No reasonable offer refused.

Great job as usual by the Caspers and their crew. Sad to see A5 going to Michigan next year(Too far for me to drive).

Hopefully they will still have the WI Sectional in April again.

I'm curious, was it raining on Sunday? What where the weather (not gound) conditions on Sunday?

I'm sure the ground was COMPLETELY saturated from the rains the night before.

2 of my fellow shooters and I were ordered to evacuate from a campground south of La Crosse at 4am on Sunday. The plan was to stick around and go to the awards after hanging out at the campground, but that didn't work out.

I'm curious, was it raining on Sunday? What where the weather (not gound) conditions on Sunday?

I'm sure the ground was COMPLETELY saturated from the rains the night before.

2 of my fellow shooters and I were ordered to evacuate from a campground south of La Crosse at 4am on Sunday. The plan was to stick around and go to the awards after hanging out at the campground, but that didn't work out.

Our squad shot with bags on the targets, for our second stage only in the morning, while it rained. After that it just misted on us the rest of the day on and off. We were lucky. It poured on the way back to Minnesota.

Man this was freakin' fun!!!

I have never met a better group of people!! :D

Too bad no one got an extractor lol!! :rolleyes:

I was very impressed with my performance. This was a very demoralizing match but seeing one good run on a stage made all the difference for me. I could have tanked every stage but just that one run made it all worth it. I don't know why. :D

It didn't rain very much on Sunday. There were some sprinkles but that was it.

After the awards were done, it began to rain again. By 7pm, it was on the verge of a downpour and by 8pm it was in full force. Ronnie & Lori, Dan L and I were soaked to the bone trying to get walls torn down and props put away. By 8:15 I said, eff-it, and went home. The ranges (once again) had various rivers flowing through them. Lori is already up there again putting things away and I'll be on my way shortly.

This is the worst weather this area has seen in a long time. There were (I think) 4 deaths from flash floods and there are people still missing. Roads are washed out everywhere. Winona and Houston counties (in MN) got the brunt of the storm and the Gov of MN has declared the two counties disaster areas. The WI Gov (asshat) has declared 3 counties in our surronding area disaster areas as well. I've heard many places look like a warms zone or like the aftermath of Katrina: people waiting to be rescued on the top of their houses because the water had already covered their 2nd story. One clip on the news last night, a rescue worker said they saw one family like that, but by the time they had the equipment to go rescue them - the house was gone! In addition to washing out roads, the water also washed out a railroad bed and caused a train derailment south of La Crosse.

On a more positive note, I want to congratulate all of the winners! They shot a great match in some pretty crappy conditions. I want to especially congratulate Lucas Webster for winning the Single Stack division. He just made B class recently and here is beating two A shooters for the division win! Way to go Lucas - and I'm looking forward to finally squadding with you in the next two club matches. :)

Thanks to all the CRO's, RO's and competitors for being good sports about the weather on Saturday and Sunday. :)

And finally - it was very good to meet so many fellow shooters. I got to meet many of you from the forum and it's always good to put a face to a name.

I would like to congradulate Bryan Dover for OWNING Limited-10 Division! Great job!! Unfortunately I had a big boo-boo :blush: - and wasn't able to finish the match. I would have liked to see how I stacked up against the field. :rolleyes:

Finally back in O-town, but man did I have a blast at that match!!! After slidding to a stop on #9 and sloshing through #2 you can add my cleats to the list of ruin equipment.

Muddy slip-sliddin' conditions, but I got to squad with Manny and Ted-Zilla so it was a learning expereince wire to wire. I ended up 3rd in Limited, but I fell apart on the last four stages (6-9 for me). :unsure: Good news (if there is any in a collapse) is that is didn't really effect the standings, if I had finished solid, I'd still be 3rd.

Cool stages "challenging" weather, good friends, GOOD TIME!!!