Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ 85 experience? Parts bustage

Beretta Lover

I was doing the usual pre match BS ing with people I had not met at a local match this weekend and this dude wearing a sublimated race car USPSA shirt had a CZ75 SP01 Angus Hobdell special

I had shot a Beretta previous to becoming an XD apologist and I asked to check out his CZ (he was a former glockist)

This gun was super cool and the guy shooting it won the match (I know its not the gun, its the shooter)

I looked into getting a CZ85 tactical as a good platform for an IDPA AND USPSA production gun

As I read the IDPA rules you cant have a gun with a light rail if its made of metal, so I think the CZ 85 tricked out is the next best thing

then I heard from a guy who I would describe as a mentor and hesaid that the CZ guns suffer from parts breakage. O much so that another guy I know of had quit shooting CZs even though he loved them because parts kept busting

ANyone out there have a high round count on a CZ85 tactical or a CZ 75 or the SP01

High round count = 60-100,000 annually

PS I really only see people shooting 1911s, glocks and XDs anymore (yes I have seen Angus with his CZ and then this other guy, but that's it) so I have to guess their lack of popularity might have something to do with the bustage

thanks in advance

not sure of the round count on my SP01..but have had it for a couple of shooting seasons..and haven't broken anything yet on it.

have heard some reports on forums of a couple parts breaking..trigger spring and slidestop..but a spare slide stop and trigger spring and you are good to go..

I don't think they break parts anymore or any less than any other brand out there...parts do break..guns malfunction.

best to talk with Matt or Angus..

85 combat is a sweet setup...and you can shoot an SP01 in IDPA..just need to get it to meet weight of SSP and you are good to go.

Edited by eerw

I know who you are now!!! :goof: I get lucky from time to time and win a match. You thought I was videoing for fun. I was actually looking for weak points in your game so I can try to beat you again. :lol:

DaG

I had some early parts issues with mine in the first thousand or two. I broke one trigger spring, and the hammer had been following occasionally before that. I also broke Phil Strader's grip panel on his brand new gun that he let me borrow till mine was fixed, sorry Phil.

I think you're going to hear a lot more about CZ parts breaking in the future. Not because of them being bad or getting worse, but because there are a whole lot more of them now. More guns = more parts breaking. No system is perfect. At our last section match I fixed two broken Glocks, and I know a gunsmith fixed a couple STI/SV guns (Plus one guy who was trying to climb the berm because he launched his reverse plug somewhere).

I've got just under 10k through my 75B, and I've broken one slide stop - during a match, of course. :rolleyes: No problems otherwise.

That's about the same rate as a decent 1911, and NOBODY complains about THEM.

I have a couple of CZ-75B's, and they are pretty much all I shoot.

Slidestops last 10-15K for me, broke one last Saturday during a USPSA match. (always carry a spare)

5 yr warantee, so a new one is in the mail.

My other 75B is converted to SA only, has about 70K on it, and has broke 3 slidestops that I can remember, but no springs or roll pins.

CZ75B

At somewhere around 40,000 the total parts replaced are:

-slide stop somewhere around 15,000 rounds.

- a firing pin retaining pin

- replaced the recoil spring at around 30,000

The only guns I know in the same reliability range are Glocks, and they need bits and pieces too- and the CZ is more accurate.

CZ and Glock are the two prime choices for the game, especially Production.

I was doing the usual pre match BS ing with people I had not met at a local match this weekend and this dude wearing a sublimated race car USPSA shirt had a CZ75 SP01 Angus Hobdell special

I had shot a Beretta previous to becoming an XD apologist and I asked to check out his CZ (he was a former glockist)

This gun was super cool and the guy shooting it won the match (I know its not the gun, its the shooter)

I looked into getting a CZ85 tactical as a good platform for an IDPA AND USPSA production gun

As I read the IDPA rules you cant have a gun with a light rail if its made of metal, so I think the CZ 85 tricked out is the next best thing

then I heard from a guy who I would describe as a mentor and hesaid that the CZ guns suffer from parts breakage. O much so that another guy I know of had quit shooting CZs even though he loved them because parts kept busting

ANyone out there have a high round count on a CZ85 tactical or a CZ 75 or the SP01

High round count = 60-100,000 annually

PS I really only see people shooting 1911s, glocks and XDs anymore (yes I have seen Angus with his CZ and then this other guy, but that's it) so I have to guess their lack of popularity might have something to do with the bustage

thanks in advance

I have about 20k through my cz75b with no problems, but as said above, wouldn't hurt to have an extra slide stop and TRS. Go to any forum about any gun....and you will have parts breakage......specially in our game where we USE them. Buy one that will never break.....is not possible. CZ numbers are growing (almost 20% by enos poll), because they are good pistols....and at a fair price. Cleaning regularly helps, I field strip and field clean(wipe out crud, clean barrel, reoil), after every 4-5 hundred rounds, then detail strip and clean every 2-3 thousand. YMMV But my cz keeps workin like a sewing machine.