Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Class III Purchase

Sestock

Is it possible to buy just the trigger group & bolt through a Class III dealer with the ATF tax stamp and convert an existing lower?

Not since 1986. You are proposing to make a new machinegun (I think) and that's not allowed for US civilian shooters. You can buy a machinegun that had been registered by 1986, but those sell for $10K or more. This could turn in to a hate rant quickly so I'll stop with that.

Edited by 1911user

You have to buy an existing transferable. Really expensive. An MP5 that was selling for 800.00 before the 86 law that Reagan signed is now around 18,000.00 and more. This is supply & demand. Supply is fixed. I think an m16 is around 12-20k. You can look at classifieds on subguns.com

I foolishly sold my M16 a couple of years ago...but I made a TON of $$$ on it.

At the same time I reinvested some of the $$$ on an M11... It is now worth many times what I paid.

In 1985 you could buy brand new M60s for $1400.00...I hear they bring 60k now.

I wish I had hocked begged borrowed and bought a truck load <_<

In this day and age the only way we mortals can have realy cool class 3 stuff is to get a class 3 liscence.

Non transferable dealer sample guns are DIRT cheap...I think mp5s are about 1500.00...new.

Hind sight is 20 20

Jim :blink:

We almost got back the "privilege" to make our own ma-cheen guns. Was it just last year that the 9th circuit (of all the courts) ruled that a machine gun not intended to be sold does not affect interstate commerce. I think it was the U.S. v Stewart (not Martha) case. The Supreme court sent it back to the 9th and told them to look at it again, so the 9th folded. I do think however that this would be a very good path to take to challenge this law.

Wasn't it the Firearms owners "protection" act of '86 that protects us from making guns that are on par with the guns of those we really need protecting from?

I foolishly sold my M16 a couple of years ago...but I made a TON of $$$ on it.

At the same time I reinvested some of the $$$ on an M11... It is now worth many times what I paid.

In 1985 you could buy brand new M60s for $1400.00...I hear they bring 60k now.

I wish I had hocked begged borrowed and bought a truck load <_<

In this day and age the only way we mortals can have realy cool class 3 stuff is to get a class 3 liscence.

Non transferable dealer sample guns are DIRT cheap...I think mp5s are about 1500.00...new.

Hind sight is 20 20

Jim :blink:

Jim,

Do you ever make it by August arms down near AlbuQUEERque?

He has a whole mess of fun toys in that little shop. I've been by a couple of times. It's kind of neat to actually trip over a couple of 1919's and mg34's. Last time I was there he had an Oerlikon. I think I spelled it wrong. Anyway, it's a 20mm OPEN bolt anti aircraft gun. Usually mounted on ships if I remember right. It works just like an open bolt smg but just a little bigger. :surprise:

Jason

Form a Corporation then you can have full auto's

Correct me if I am wrong but a corporation still has to buy a transferable. The benefit to a corporation is that it doesnt need to get an LEO signature. Good tactic for those that live in an area where the LEO wont sign.

Jim, Cant really get a class 3 dealers license either. To get a dealer sample you need a letterhead from an LE agency to recieve it. And from what I have heard it doesnt do any good to have a buddy thats a sheriff to get you letters. ATF is starting to question the LE for actual intent to buy. Now the way to get into it just might be to get a manufacturers license.

Chuck you are correct if you transfer to a corporation you do not need a signature from law enforcement. In Florida it can be signed by the chief LEO in your county or a judge. I had mine transferred to a corp as it completely eliminates problems.

Yes it does have to be a registered gun, sear etc. You cannot buy a newly manufactured one.

Edited by Jaxshooter

Form a Corporation then you can have full auto's

Correct me if I am wrong but a corporation still has to buy a transferable. The benefit to a corporation is that it doesnt need to get an LEO signature. Good tactic for those that live in an area where the LEO wont sign.

Jim, Cant really get a class 3 dealers license either. To get a dealer sample you need a letterhead from an LE agency to recieve it. And from what I have heard it doesnt do any good to have a buddy thats a sheriff to get you letters. ATF is starting to question the LE for actual intent to buy. Now the way to get into it just might be to get a manufacturers license.

Still works, I hope. I'm ordering mine in a week or two. The LEO I'm having sign is actually intersted in buying though. Be interesting to see what the ATF has to say. As far as buying the trigger group and bolt, depends on what you're planning to buy. There are a lot of registered MP5 trigger groups out there and those can be put into existing guns after the appropriate fees of course.

Whether it's months or years after the ploticians pull troops out of Iraq, all Americans will need subguns or machine guns to protect themselves and their families from terrorists. If the Congress or the Federal Courts fail to act, the US will become a killing field like Egypt, Lebanon, and Iraq.

Richard

RUN FOR SHERIFF!

If you become the LE head you can buy all you want at "Agency prices" but you have to leave them behind when you leave.

Options like being a reserve or part time with a friendly LE head official will get you a gun if you buy it (through the agency as the agency) and they let you carry it for duty purposes but it stays with the agency forever.