USPSA Multi-gun Nationals

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can cope with some wind......but NO rain please <_<

Only one more day till we hit the road :rolleyes:

Jim :D

I am SO envious! All year I had planned on finally SHOOTING the multi-gun nationals, and then RB's stupid a** brother decided to get married this weekend <SIGH> I hate family!

Oh well, at least I get a trip to Vegas out of it :cheers:

I can cope with some wind......but NO rain please <_<

Only one more day till we hit the road :rolleyes:

Jim :D

I am SO envious! All year I had planned on finally SHOOTING the multi-gun nationals, and then RB's stupid a** brother decided to get married this weekend <SIGH> I hate family!

Oh well, at least I get a trip to Vegas out of it :cheers:

Put a Quarter in a slot for me......better odds of winning than I have in Tulsa :blush:

Jim

Subject to change. ;)

Thursday

Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 80s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Friday

Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 80s. South winds around 10 mph.

Saturday

Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s.

Sunday

Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s.

Tulsa Weather Forecast

law.gif

Edited by Westerman

who's drunk waiting in line to register. anything.

Heeheheheh... That's funny. There was one guy...

The range looks great. The stages look great. The shooters look... well, y'all know what they look like.

I'm really jazzed for this match. Now to get a good night's sleep and in the morning... LAMR! B)

-Chet

(Squad 5)

Ok we got here ...it was 90 degrees with 4 million percent humidity.

The stages look real cool and are geared to fast times low hit factor not too many points...gotta hose.

We met several forum members :) nice folks!

Its gonna be fun we shoot six stages tomorrow starting at 8.00

Our squad is the best!!! but we will miss Merlin and Larry.

Jim

Looks like a pretty fun pistol match with one serious rifle stage :)

Lots of low ports and "...now run to the far end of the shooting box and shoot left then right (or right then left) around the "Y" at the end" stuff.

Lots of "...it picks up the shotgun and it shoots the six targets, then it puts down the shotgun and it picks up the pistol and it shoots six targets..." too.

No props. No decorations or embellishments of any kind. Very little shotgun reloading. Heck, very little reloading except for the (shudder) wheelgunners. Like Gentleman Jim said, this seems to be set for lots of uberfast close range hosing. Interesting choice.

The range is very nice!

Alex

May as well ask........any idea what the max range for slug targets are???

Farthest slug taget (a full-size Pepper Popper) is 36 paces.

-Chet

min distance for slugs on steel is like 40, i think.

40 metres in fact, so 43.74 yards. This for shots behind a physical barrier or 45 metres 49.2 yards if behind only a Charge Line

May as well ask........any idea what the max range for slug targets are???

Farthest slug taget (a full-size Pepper Popper) is 36 paces.

-Chet

min distance for slugs on steel is like 40, i think.

Then it would stand to reason that 36 of my paces is equal to 40 meters. ;)

-Chet

Well.....all I can say is that long-range rifle stage is a MO-FO !!!!!!!

I've got one question.......When we looked at the stage on Thursday, the steel flash targets were at 276 yds......and that is the distance that RO's and a few others shot them at.

When we got to the range this morning, the steel was moved out to 326 yds....(read 50 yds farther !!) because rounds were skipping out of the range. Is it just me or is that an unfair advantage for the folks that got to shoot it early ??? Fifty yards is 50 yds.....

That's all I got to say about that.

Edited by STInky

So far the long range stage has been my best :rolleyes: ...79 seconds one mike <_<

However on one pistol stage :blink: my mag fell out.........TWICE!!!! :angry2:

And to add injury to insult.....my remington decided this was the time for the extractor to fail...three double feeds on top of stuck empties.

And of course Benny and the Benelli peanut gallery went wild :devil:

Nanci had one mike on the long range rifle...and is doing well she whooped the crap outta me on the two stages i messed up :blink:

Wee shal see what tomorrow brings :unsure:

Jim

I've got one question.......When we looked at the stage on Thursday, the steel flash targets were at 276 yds......and that is the distance that RO's and a few others shot them at.

When we got to the range this morning, the steel was moved out to 326 yds....(read 50 yds farther !!) because rounds were skipping out of the range. Is it just me or is that an unfair advantage for the folks that got to shoot it early ??? Fifty yards is 50 yds.....

If they have them reshoot the stage no-harm o foul

Other than that, How did you do today? What about the other guys?

Jimmy