Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Having To Work Late

Chris Keen

[RANT MODE ON]

I am sitting here at work, surfing the forum .... mad as crap that all my co-workers, supervisors, and secretaries have gone home for the day. The boss let everyone go home at 12:00 Noon today to enjoy the holiday ... BUT NOT ME ....... oh noooooooo ... I have a Fire Alarm Test scheduled with a city Fire Inspector at 2:00pm that was originally scheduled for yesterday, but the ass-hat contractor who we hired to do the job didn't bother to look at the "approved plans" when they came back from plan review at the city. So he failed to see that the Fire Dept. added a couple of extra devices (notated in RED INK) on the drawings. So he luckily got a re-inspect quickly called in for today at 2:00pm. But at my expense. :angry: Now I have to sit here until 2:00 with my thumb up my #^&* and all he could say for himself was "Sorry, rookie mistake" :surprise:

Sorry ...... just had to get that off my chest! :)

[RANT MODE OFF]

I think it's karma for listing that sweet M1 in the wee hours when most of us were sleeping and had no chance to react :P

Don't feel bad, I'm still here at work, and I planned on being at the range 3 hours ago. Sorry to hear about the asshattery.

[RANT MODE ON]

I am sitting here at work, surfing the forum .... mad as crap that all my co-workers, supervisors, and secretaries have gone home for the day. The boss let everyone go home at 12:00 Noon today to enjoy the holiday ... BUT NOT ME ....... oh noooooooo ... I have a Fire Alarm Test scheduled with a city Fire Inspector at 2:00pm that was originally scheduled for yesterday, but the ass-hat contractor who we hired to do the job didn't bother to look at the "approved plans" when they came back from plan review at the city. So he failed to see that the Fire Dept. added a couple of extra devices (notated in RED INK) on the drawings. So he luckily got a re-inspect quickly called in for today at 2:00pm. But at my expense. :angry: Now I have to sit here until 2:00 with my thumb up my #^&* and all he could say for himself was "Sorry, rookie mistake" :surprise:

Sorry ...... just had to get that off my chest! :)

[RANT MODE OFF]

Awwwww.....Thats too bad........hehehehehhehehehehehhehehehehehehe - Damn this first beer went down easy. :cheers:

I know exactly how you feel. Because someone didn't do there job right, it looks like I am having to travel Weds-Sun to handle an emergency client, then all next week at my normal client.... so I won't be home until the 12th. But I only packed for a short week out this week.

Holiday, what holiday. I got to leave work at noon today before everyone else who left at 1pm. Of course I have to be back at 6:00 am tomorrow while they're all sleeping in late. One more year and I'm outta here.

Bruce

OK .... I'm over that but it gets WORSE!

I'M ON CALL THIS WEEK!

So the office is closed, and they turned the phones over to the answering service so everybody could go home ... but guess who gets to play secretary until 5:00 pm ??? :surprise:

Yea me!

I love my job ...

I love my job ...

I love my job ...

I kept our office opened until 5:00 PM because the slacker insurance agents wouldn't.

Showed properties after closing and didn't roll into the drive way until 9:00 PM.

Suck it up and get to work! :lol: :lol: :lol:

FM

Dude, that blows. Been there, done that. I recall many a Friday at my last job where I was one of the few people around after 2pm and that's when things would get crazy. Nothing like knowing your coworkers are off enjoying themselves while you're still at work and you're doing THEIR job.

This and next Friday I will be alone in the office covering three other docs and two Nurse Practitioners. I will try to look on it as a challenge. At least it will TGIF and the weekend to collapse into.

Dude, that blows. Been there, done that. I recall many a Friday at my last job where I was one of the few people around after 2pm and that's when things would get crazy. Nothing like knowing your coworkers are off enjoying themselves while you're still at work and you're doing THEIR job.

Earl Nightingale always said "The Lane of the Extra Mile has No Traffic".

I will win in the end!

FM