Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Boom, Boom, Boom

38supPat

Wow, I just got done watching the news. Man we flatened those palaces. When will the peace freaks figure out the only way to ensure peace is by being able to deliver massive destruction at will? Too bad PEACE protestors have to hurt our country by making us spend MILLIONS of dollars to protect our rights as US citizens.

If you notice most of the protesters are young, under 30. The point is that they have no perspective because they have no hindsight from Viet Nam or Korea or WWII. It is a shame that they have to act like that in our own country.

It is a shame that they have to act like that in our own country.

My one and only political soapbox (I promise!)

My heart swelled with pride and love when I saw those protests. While I absolutely positively disagree with them, it's just so damned cool that they CAN do it without fear of retribution by the government.

I have an acquaintance that just HAD to go participate in the protests here in the bay area, I mentioned that while she was there to be sure to give a moment of silence to the men and women that died for her to keep the right of freedeom of speech... and to be sure to say a prayer for all the people in the world that died because their government doesn't guarantee them that right. She suddenly didn't quite feel so anti-war :)

It is fine to protest PEACEFULLY, but if they do something, anything illegal, lock 'em up.

Having served in the defense of this great country, it FREAKIN' makes me tired to see this in my country. I believe everyone should have the right to their beliefs, but they should be made to serve their country for 2 years minimum so they have a proper perspective.

I saw two "student activators" on the news last night. Not students mind you, just graduate young people who stir up the ire of the non-war people to cause God knows what to happen. For Pete's sake get a REAL job and stop leaching off this country and the spreading propaganda to the people with too much time on their hands and too much of their parents money in their pocket.

Rant Off.

David L. Winkler

Veteran

US54509247

US Army 11-66/11-68

Well....we all know my attitude on hippies and peaceniks. I don't have a problem with protests or those who morally oppose violence speaking their mind (we need those folks to some degree). My issues with the modern "protestor" are:

1. Inability to Reason. Most don't even know why they're there. Ask one to enunciate their reasons for protesting. 99% of the time they can't give a clear, reasoned, logical argument. Mostly the protestor will blab some nonsense about saving babies or "the children," as though the U.S. Military was deliberately and viciously targeting them. The Taliban and Saddam's records on the treatment of children always seems to get lost. Hmmmm....

2. Hypocrisy. If you're protesting because violence is never the solution, then why is violence your espoused solution? Hmmm??

3. Sanctioned Lawlessness. The protests in Portland raged out of control for seven long hours. What did the Police do? Nothing -- on orders from Portland's Liberal Mayor, Vera Katz, of course. Normally, I'd cut a politician a little slack on such an issue, but not today. It was well-publicized that the protest was intended to turn violent and destructive.

In the end, only 135 people received tickets. Why? God forbid the Left violate it's constituency. Mob violence in the name of Left gets a pass. If the mob had represented "conservative" interests, does anyone think the result would have been so lenient? I'm guessing that mass arrests would have been ensued and all the "perpetrators" would have been charged with "Hate Crimes." And even in one of the most left-wing-friendly cities in America, the bias did not go unnoticed. In a TV poll 93% of the respondents felt that the situation was mishandled.

Want to protest in America?

Get the proper permit. Go where you're supposed to go. Speak your piece. Then go home -- peacefully.

Anything else gets you clubbed like a seal.

----------------------------------------------------------

In the end, most of these protests aren't about opposition to America's policies. It's all about hating America. It's always the same people on the street no matter the subject: the environment, free-trade, a conservative in town to give a speech... It's always, "get out your peace sign and march!!"

Frankly, I'm not sure why some people hate it here so much. It's actually a subject I've given a lot of thought and I don't have a simple answer. Maybe someday....

I agree with tightloop. When they've done there time in defending this great country and have a real job, not to mention a shower and hair cut, the can protest. 99% of those idiots have no clue what a days work is like and the baglady dresses better!

SG,

Yep they have the right to protest and a lot of damn good people died and will die in the future making sure they do. When they burn the flag and spit on it every Vet. should also have the right to make them part of the pavement.

Tonight I saw one woman interviewed about why she opposed the war in Iraq, and she said because "The coalition troops have killed more people in Iraq than the people who died at the WTC".

Shit. Over 3,000 people were murdered at the WTC and maybe, just maybe, 30 people have been killed in Iraq so far, and half of those have been coalition troops in rotary wing accidents.

Idiotic comments really make my blood boil .........

In a conversation with several coworkers this week, we were all struck by the desire of many high-schoolers and college students to have what I call, "The Anti-War Protest Experience." I think these people feel bad that they were too young (or not even born yet) to join in the Vietnam era rallies/marches/sit-ins. Some of the news coverage makes it clear that many protesters don't even know what in the world they are protesting (one student named Bin Laden as the leader of Iraq). I would guess that maybe 10% of the protesters are sincere, the rest just want to be cool.

I propose that Disney World or Six Flags create an interactive ride where people could fulfill their urges to Fight the Power. Riders could burn flags, get tear gassed, get hit with riot batons, and even make their own posters. Maybe then folks would realize that these protests belong in a theme park for the dim, rather than in our city streets.

It scares me to think there are people who believe that nothing is worth fighting for.

A local TV news story appeared yesterday or the day before about some "protesters" who threw fist-sized rocks through windows of randomly chosen businesses in the Eugene area and the TV crews were interviewing the business owners. The rocks, BTW, were painted with the bogus message "no war" on each and every one... In interviewing the rock-throwers (not on camera, as they were arrested, I believe) they defended their dumb-ass actions by saying that 'war was violence', etc., etc. In interviewing one or two of the business owners in receipt of the rocks rudely tossed, they responded, "...and throwing rocks and destroying property pointlessly is NOT violence...?!!..." Same ol' story. These (mostly) kids just have absolutely no idea what they're doing or why.

:angry:

I'm wondering if someone can answer some questions of mine, that have been tumbling in my mind since no-globals first demonstration:

Can someone explain me where is the consistency of rejecting violence, preaching "peace & love", and being the only demonstrators to actively use violence, in their own demonstrations?

Have you ever seen a pro-gun activist use violence or guns to support his/her opinion?

Isn't it time someone (namely mass media) points out this incredible and disgusting contradiction?

I am a firm believer in the "don't do others what you don't like being done to yourself" saying, for this reason I find it hard to grant any right to people who clearly do not respect others'.