Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 7/AWARE Match

R112mercer

I count 18 wheelgunners at the 2007 Area 7/AWARE match, including myself. Looks like there's going to be quite a competition at this match!

We could be pretty close to you at Area One this year. Like a snow ball rolling down a hill on a winter's day......

...My Clays loads were only low by about 2-3 PF; YRMV, but I am usually pretty spot-on around 175.

Sure do wish I could make it this year, but the only possible way is a round trip plus match Friday. Just too much with my work schedule. I wouldn't make it halfway home :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats also from me, and to Paul (aka Northern Extreme) whose moving

on up really fast.

And yes RGS some of the stages were really extra challenging, as always

another great match by those VT folks.

I thought the match was less attended than last year but just checked the stats,

163 in 2006 and 219 in 2007.... maybe that's why saturday had the hold up ?

Congrats also from me, and to Paul (aka Northern Extreme) whose moving

on up really fast.

And yes RGS some of the stages were really extra challenging, as always

another great match by those VT folks.

I thought the match was less attended than last year but just checked the stats,

163 in 2006 and 219 in 2007.... maybe that's why saturday had the hold up ?

Thanks Dave, the past few weeks have been some of the best and most fun shooting I have had in a long time. I am so glad I decided to come out and play with the revolver this year.

It was great meeting you Dave and John Sardina, you are both a couple of excellent revolver shooters from Mass, and I look forward to being able to compete with you guys in local matches like Harvard. I know we can keep eachother on our toes.

It was also great to finally meet Mike and Sam Carmoney and Bob Perdue.

When I saw that Mike Carmoney had placed 3rd in last years national shooting nearly 90% of Jerry scores I knew he had to be good, and let me tell you he didnt disappoint. Why he is not a GM I dont know.

Sam Carmoney is also a top notch competitor. Mark my words, it wont be long and this spunky young fellow will be the one to beat.

Congratulations Mike! :cheers:

Special thanks to the guys at GMPS, as usual they put on another world class match.

I look forward to shooting with you all again.

As always the AWARE match was top notch. Congrats to Mike C. ( it was a pleasure to me you and Sam ) To Paul M. and last but not at all least, My good friend Dave P. ( It was a tough ride home :D )

It was nice to see Bob P., Dennis and Echo. Again, Always a pleasure.

Thanks guys! We sure had a fun week in the Northeast, I was really glad I talked the whole family into coming along. Sam and I really enjoyed shooting the Summer Blast and Awarea-7, and of course we were pleased with how we shot, but what really made this trip special was seeing so many of our friends from the shooting fraternity. It was great shaking hands and trading tips and stories with folks we have only known from this forum up to this point. And we even got to spend time in the Boston area with some great old friends I used to shoot with 20 years ago! I have reached the point in life where time is beginning to accelerate, and every day I'm more and more aware of how important family time and friendships really are. To everyone who helped make this trip such a pleasure--to everyone who set up and worked these matches, and to everyone I talked with, ate with, drank with, and shot with--my sincerest thanks! :)

Congrats on another victory, Mike! :cheers: Also, please tell Sam to keep it up. He's doing great!

Hope all 20 participants had a lot of fun.

"La Cosa Nostra del Revolver"

Nemo, it's always great to get 20+ wheels together at the same match. Once upon a time, just a few years ago, this only happened maybe once a year, at Nationals. Now it's becoming much more common all over the place. This year's Area 7 is just the latest example of our healthy and continuing growth in USPSA Revolver Division--the ultimate challenge. One high level Limited shooter told me on Saturday, "I wish I had gotten the memo, I would have brought my wheelgun." He was only half kidding!

Edited by Carmoney

Northern Extreme,

The reason Mike isn't a GM is he's like the guy in California who's nick name is DANBAGGER !!!!! :P:D:lol:

He also intentionally trashes the classifiers that are 100% able (or at least that is what a little birdie told me) ;)

Congrats to all, glad the numbers are finally getting up there.........was worried earlier this year though.

Hop

Northern Extreme,

The reason Mike isn't a GM is he's like the guy in California who's nick name is DANBAGGER !!!!! :P:D:lol:

He also intentionally trashes the classifiers that are 100% able (or at least that is what a little birdie told me) ;)

Congrats to all, glad the numbers are finally getting up there.........was worried earlier this year though.

Hop

I think DANBAGGER made GM with his classifer last week!!!!!!

John