Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another 6" thread

zhunter

TLS, the difference feels like it is more than you calculated. GOOD shooters can't even believe the difference after they jack the front sight over in the notch. It feels so wrong, they KNOW that the hit isn't going to be there, but the 6" just lays down the points. Steel at speed is just jaw dropping.....

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard,

I believe you.

The advantange may be far greater.

I just didn't want to go off the deep end making wild unsupported statements.

The geometry is a statement of fact.

How well it translates into points depends on too many variables to calculate.

Like many things, the reality of it may go well beyond the mathmatical expectations.

It's hard to justify spending a pile of cash for a new Limited gun when I have a perfectly good SVI in my holster.

However, I have never spared any expense if I thought I could gain an advantage.

Resistance may be futile.

Tony

Edited by 38superman

It's hard to justify spending a pile of cash for a new Limited gun when I have a perfectly good SVI in my holster.

However, I have never spared any expense if I thought I could gain an advantage.

Resistance may be futile.

Tony

This is the same dilemma I'm in...

Hello: You guys could just get another top made for your pistols. Then you would belong to the Merlin club. Sorry Merlin I could not resist ;-) Thanks, Eric

I've thought about that, but

1> I'd rather have a complete backup gun, and

2> I think I want a different finish on the fat free.

• 1 year later...
I have one of the 1st of the Fat Free Long Slides and LOVE IT! Have never looked back.

Renees gun was back in the shop not too long ago for a update and tune up. That thing must have 200 thouand rounds thur it, still tight and going strong.---------Larry

Bringing it back out of the safe for the Lady Smith Match tomorrow morning. Wish me luck & hopefully I'll win another S&W Pistol with my trusty fat free.

fatfreeRenee02RGNats.jpg