Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ninjas Texas Style

carinab

The training looks perfect for LEO. Whenever an evil doer is faced with such a display of martial prowess surely their bowels would turn to water and an immediate surrender would follow. Think of the lives to be saved.......... :ph34r:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, the response to this thread pretty much confirms that an intervention is needed. Since they are in Dallas, I'm sure someone in my extended network knows of this dojo. I think they need to be introduced to a better curriculum and better skills for firearms training. It's all fun and games to mock (especially with such egregious tactics), but the responsible thing to do would be to gently correct. If they aren't interested and insist on being dogmatic, wallowing in their ignorance to feed their egos, so be it. But I shudder to think that they are presenting these skills to others as effective techniques.

ETA: I meant firearms training in the above post....

Edited by carinab

Okay, the response to this thread pretty much confirms that an intervention is needed. Since they are in Dallas, I'm sure someone in my extended network knows of this dojo. I think they need to be introduced to a better curriculum and better skills. It's all fun and games to mock (especially with such egregious tactics), but the responsible thing to do would be to gently correct. If they aren't interested and insist on being dogmatic, wallowing in their ignorance to feed their egos, so be it. But I shudder to think that they are presenting these skills to others as effective techniques.

:rolleyes:

Sensei says please go to your sensei and ask to please repeat the lecture about how you must learn to control yourself and not try to control others.

:cheers:

:rolleyes:

Sensei says please go to your sensei and ask to please repeat the lecture about how you must learn to control yourself and not try to control others.

:cheers:

Where are my clown shoes?

Okay Dale, point taken...I do sound like an arrogant jerk in that post don't I? However, I meant the gun handling skills not their entire training system....

Edited by carinab

If someone from that dojo chose to willfully film and post this as effective "training", they should've probably considered that serious shooters may be forced to file a class action lawsuit for a lifetime supply of "Depends", as I nearly suffered loss of bladder control from laughing so hard and re-reading this thread.

Seriously though, while mockery of this school may be a tad on the mean spirited side, I think that showing the world this is responsible gun handling in America is a greater sin. I'll choose the role of clown on the sidelines on this one, as I have no desire to be the victim of an AD on that range.

• 2 weeks later...
One of my aikidoka buddies forwarded this video to me for review. Normally, I wouldn't post something like this for public ridicule but if these folks are actually offering this stuff as legitimate firearms training, they deserve it. I'm actually hoping it's a joke....and that they aren't native Texans.

The funny stuff starts around 27 seconds into the vid. There's a spiffy reload at :29. Count the sweeps during the truly appalling draw after going prone action at :44. Oh wait, let me take that back, they fall, draw, then rack... :surprise:

The world's most unusual 180 degree turn and draw is at 1:23 (Hey, I might try that the next time I shoot an El Prez :lol: ) followed by the summersault assault course. On signal, draw and engage T1, turn a summersault then engage T2. :huh:

Apparently, I missed the spring tactibilly training seminar...extra points if you sweep the camera man and bring your gun to the fight unloaded.

>>RACK<< :blink:

"Whaddaya' mean the sound is a target indicator? Like my kiai shout, it is meant to scare my opponent!"

Oh no yet another reason for people to make fun of us Texans.

I think maybe, just maybe that these guys are running up to the trailer THEN loading the gun because god forbid they do anything unsafe. :ph34r: = :goof:

Damn, I wish I could remember where to find it. I once saw a video of a "survival school" right out side a major urbar area, that actually taught stick throwing. I'm not talking about atl-atl or a boomerang or anything that might take some bit of skill, but just a foot long chunk of tree branch.

Damn, I wish I could remember where to find it. I once saw a video of a "survival school" right out side a major urbar area, that actually taught stick throwing. I'm not talking about atl-atl or a boomerang or anything that might take some bit of skill, but just a foot long chunk of tree branch.

I think it was Bas Rutten that said, "in a fight you gotta use whatever you can get your hands on." He then proceeded to show what things could be used in a bar fight (bottles, chairs, salt and pepper shakers, lamps, etc.) I do recall him saying that throwing things was far from optimal.

Tactical stick throwing would be fun to see. There are lots of people that do and say dumb stuff.

I once went paintballing with a guy in my dorm that was into this Dallas Ninja type stuff. He thought he could 'block' paintballs with a stick. I proceeded to show him that he could not. His pride took a hit but sometimes the best thing to do with these people is to show them that they are wrong.

These Dallas people are funny but someone needs to show them the errors of their ways. Unfortunatly I dont see that happening as many people recieve "training" that is just outright silly.

This thread is like a really good movie. I have laughed, cried, cowered in fear, and wet my pants a little.

BTW:

Austinkroe=Jolly Vandal

Austin Crowe=Stinky Dragon

Okay, the response to this thread pretty much confirms that an intervention is needed. Since they are in Dallas, I'm sure someone in my extended network knows of this dojo. I think they need to be introduced to a better curriculum and better skills for firearms training. It's all fun and games to mock (especially with such egregious tactics), but the responsible thing to do would be to gently correct. If they aren't interested and insist on being dogmatic, wallowing in their ignorance to feed their egos, so be it. But I shudder to think that they are presenting these skills to others as effective techniques.

ETA: I meant firearms training in the above post....

THat is an excellent response. Sad fact is that this group is "presenting these 'skills'" to the entire internet community and correction through training in USPSA,IDPA - heck anything more safe than what they are doing - would be the best course of action.