Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Side match for Open/L-10 Nats?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is getting kinda big. How about awarding something to the runner-up (first loser)? Not that I'm scared or anything, I'm just generous like that. :lol:

I'd be happy to change their forum nick-name to "first loser". :cheers:

A name, what's in a name anyway? I wouldn't look down my nose at a couple hundred bucks and a new nick name. Not that I plan on losing. <_<

Hey, I just took a closer look and found that in all 18 stages together there are only like 40 open targets, wow! :blink:

Hey, I just took a closer look and found that in all 18 stages together there are only like 40 open targets, wow! :blink:

Yeah, its a tight match, that way. This is not likely to be a total hose fest of a match, that's for sure :)

I'm hesitant to change the game up, at this point - at least, without getting buy in from everyone that's committed, at this point. We've got 12, rigt now, which is about what we had last year, IIRC. If we get a couple more in, I would definitely be amenable to adding a 1st loser.... uh, I mean, 2nd place to the game, with say a 70/30 split of the pot or something like that.

Any thoughts???

Manny also threw me an idea that's a mod similar to what he and Ted Puente do - they apparently play a similar side game. They throw in a buck per place back that they finish (for non-GMs, per place back in their class). My only hesitation here is that this could make the game get real expensive for B and C class shooters, where they're got 30 something shooters in their class. The idea is to keep you from slowing up a bunch just to shoot all alphas to win the cash - you need to be competitive, too. We didn't have this happen last year - don't know if we should be concerned about it this year?

I'm hesitant to change the game up, at this point - at least, without getting buy in from everyone that's committed, at this point. We've got 12, rigt now, which is about what we had last year, IIRC. If we get a couple more in, I would definitely be amenable to adding a 1st loser.... uh, I mean, 2nd place to the game, with say a 70/30 split of the pot or something like that.

Any thoughts???

Manny also threw me an idea that's a mod similar to what he and Ted Puente do - they apparently play a similar side game. They throw in a buck per place back that they finish (for non-GMs, per place back in their class). My only hesitation here is that this could make the game get real expensive for B and C class shooters, where they're got 30 something shooters in their class. The idea is to keep you from slowing up a bunch just to shoot all alphas to win the cash - you need to be competitive, too. We didn't have this happen last year - don't know if we should be concerned about it this year?

It would sure be a case of missplaced priorities to tank a match ( that cost 1K or more to attned) to win 2-300 bucks.

Maybe what we can do is if the pot gets too big at the final tally ( lets sat over $300 for the winner) We then automatically do the 70/30 split.

In the unlikely event that at 70/30 the winner still gets over $300 then we could go 3 places.

btw if i remember correctly last years pot was in the low 200's

:P Ok my wife says ...It would not be ...Fair, for me to take your cash. :sick: Besides I have ben working on NOT shooting my normal slow :yawn: A's

Awwww.... I think Jamie thinks he's too good for us... :D

It would sure be a case of missplaced priorities to tank a match ( that cost 1K or more to attned) to win 2-300 bucks.

Agreed - if the pot were sizable and you weren't going to win anything anyway, though, some crazy fool might do it... :D

Maybe what we can do is if the pot gets too big at the final tally ( lets sat over $300 for the winner) We then automatically do the 70/30 split.

In the unlikely event that at 70/30 the winner still gets over $300 then we could go 3 places.

Personally, I'm fine with this. If it goes to three places, we'll do 50/25/15 or something? If it goes that far, we all had a pretty terrible match, so... (if we have 15 folks, we'd have to average about $30/each to make it to that point).

Let's see what the others think :)

btw if i remember correctly last years pot was in the low 200's

Sounds about right... I was remembering $240 for some reason...

That's just about what I was thinking too, If the pot got too big.

:P Ok my wife says ...It would not be ...Fair, for me to take your cash. :sick: Besides I have ben working on NOT shooting my normal slow :yawn: A's

Awwww.... I think Jamie thinks he's too good for us... :D

<_< One match at a time <_< my brain is too small

I'll be happy to help steer the pot, for a piece of it....

:rolleyes::lol:

I'd say we should get Amidon in the game, but I think he had more penalties last year than all of us combined?? :lol:

Cool,

As long as I beat Barry :P

:surprise: Well....that might be pretty easy to do this year as I haven't been practicing and my wife will have me trekking across WA; ID & MT prior to my first shot at the Nationals. However, I'll make an effort to shoot at the "practice" range before my first stage ;)

Craig you just lit a fire under my okole so I'll avoid shooting D's and M's and NS's just for you my friend :P Be careful, you're squadded with a bunch of high ranking shooters there :D

Look forward to seeing you guys again. Shoot well as you will need your $$$ for the Coke. :cheers:

Aloha all,

Barry B)

What ever Xre and Ong45 decide is fine with me :)

[ Personally, I'm fine with this. If it goes to three places, we'll do 50/25/15 or something? If it goes that far, we all had a pretty terrible match, so... (if we have 15 folks, we'd have to average about $30/each to make it to that point).

50/25/15????????? Is the remaining 10% your house rake?????????????

50/25/15????????? Is the remaining 10% your house rake?????????????

Ken, hush up <_< That's how James and I are eating lunch.... :blink::lol:

I obviously was not doing appropriate math at the time... Should have been 60/25/15 (although pretty much any other arrangement is fine w/ me, too... ;)

Ok, 12 in the game, so far - more are definitely welcome! :D

Dave Re (XRe)

James Ong (ong45)

Todd Sindelar (Turtle)

BJ Norris

Clint Upchurch (Clint U66)

Kathy Littman (Shooter Grrl)

Craig Outzen (smokshwn)

Nate Martin (Nate)

David Cross (geezer-lock)

Barry Aoki (HI5-O)

Emmanuel Bragg (DaBlaster)