Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tell me about Kannapolis North Carolina

Unfortunately, Ohio is the worst place in the universe for a teacher to enter the field and find a job. Me being the free spirit in grad school, I have given her the reins to go wherever the jobs are (not that I really had a choice anyway ;) )

So please, If you have a bit of wisdom, tell me about Kannapolis, North Carolina. I have had a wonderful time interacting with the guys and gals that shoot in the SC, ATL area, and can deal with moving closer to the East Coast Mecca of USPSA. Can you help a Yank out?

Don't know much about the school systems, but I know Mecklenburg County is alway looking for teachers.

Shooting wise, you have Spartanburg (1hr south) on the first weekend, Salisbury (just north) on the second weekend, Statesville (north and east) on the third weekend, and Greenville (at the Spartanburg range) on the fourth weekend. Plus there are other clubs and other types of matches around.

Thank you J...I am curious about the shooting climate. I have flown down with the wife to see the school district and am very impressed...but unfortunately the trip did not allot time for visiting the local clubs.

Edit to add-I love the Dayton area and the amazing friends that I have made here. I really do not want to move, but if it is willed, than lest I shall go.

Try Georgia. We are always hiring teachers. I never have a concern for job security and the suburbs of Atlanta offer shooting everyweekend. I am not lucky enough to live there, but do get by in the southeast corner of the state just fine. (I can shoot four Saturdays a month within 1.5 hours)

Try Georgia. We are always hiring teachers. I never have a concern for job security and the suburbs of Atlanta offer shooting everyweekend. I am not lucky enough to live there, but do get by in the southeast corner of the state just fine. (I can shoot four Saturdays a month within 1.5 hours)

The Georgia folks that I have met are an amazing bunch![sarcasm] As much as I would like to say goodbye to Dayton weather [/sarcasm] I suppose that I could do with the warmer climate.

NC gun climate isnt too bad they have will issue CCW permit but every business imediatly put up No guns allowed so idiots abound, lots of shooting though both IDPA and USPSA, I would find somewhere rural though, make that part of the deal, schools needing teachers are everywhere. find somewhere you can afford enough land for your own practice range.

I second what Fireant says! Move to GA, can shoot every weekend and there are (2) weekly Tuesday night matches, a weekly Wednesday night match, at least 1 Thursday night match a month.

We could always use another dedicated teacher in the GA school system.

I don't know Fireant, do you think Pharaoh is ready for us or for that matter are we ready for him? Just kidding, you can't beat S GA or N FL. You can shoot 4 Saturday matches and 1 Sunday match within an hour to an hour and a half every month.

Ya'll come on done.

Edited by Jaxshooter

It's a decent area. I'd think the cost of living would be less, but then the pay is probably less, too. It's considerably more "Real South" than the Raleigh area, which I'm partial to, mostly because I can't stand being far from the ocean.

In general, it's a terrific State, with terrific people, too. You'll shoot year-round, but still get 4 seasons. Taxes are higher than I'd like.

Reasonably gun-friendly; while I don't have a CCW, they're no big deal to obtain. I keep meaning to shoot the Statesville match, but never get around to it, as there are plenty of good matches around Raleigh, too.

I don't think the south is ready for The Pharaoh ... :surprise::surprise::surprise:

1181980026_l.jpg

Yeah, I've heard it's hard keeping those loose screws tight :surprise: Actually from that picture it looks like he would fit right in. Although I can't remember if he had one of them funny northern accents or not :ph34r: They do make you stand out some <_<

Edited by Fireant

Keen, I gotta stop drinking around you man...I shutter to think what pics might pop up :cheers: (btw-I still get a kick out of that pic!)

Get thy ass to Atlanta and be done with all this fretting.

I gotta say, you ATL/SC bunch are some of the best people that I have ever had the pleasure of shooting with.