Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a video of Brians 505 plates

moose

Perhaps this has been posted before.

Lately i cannot stop thinking of when Brian hit 505 plates at the Cup.

:surprise: I dont think that record will be broken.

Surely someone must have recorded it.

Anyone????

I would love to see it on tape.

:rolleyes:

Perhaps this has been posted before.

Lately i cannot stop thinking of when Brian hit 505 plates at the Cup.

:surprise: I dont think that record will be broken.

Surely someone must have recorded it.

Anyone????

I would love to see it on tape.

:rolleyes:

It would be a long tape. :)

The most that would be shot now at the Cup might get to 150-156 with the time reductions and some perfect runs at the 2 second-10 yd runs.

The National record could go as high as 198-204 under the standard time reduction by the rule book, which is a 1-second reduction on each sucessive run instead of the 2 seconds off at the Cup for the first "X-count" tie breaker, then a 1 second cut on the rest. It would have to be a really top shooter to get all 6 in 2 seconds at 10 yds both times!! And that could only be done at a State or Regional match.

There'll never be another 505 or even close with the rules now in effect.

Alan~^~

I think I may have an old Lenny Magill tape with that match coverage.

I'll have to take a look.

FYI, he shot those when the rules said after your initial 48 plates, you stayed at the 25 yard time and kept running 9 second runs until you missed. His 505 was the reason for the rule change. It also forced the rule, nothing can be brought to you once you check in. He ran out of ammo and Rob Leatham was running around borrowing what he could and bringing it to Brian.

FYI, he shot those when the rules said after your initial 48 plates, you stayed at the 25 yard time and kept running 9 second runs until you missed. His 505 was the reason for the rule change. It also forced the rule, nothing can be brought to you once you check in. He ran out of ammo and Rob Leatham was running around borrowing what he could and bringing it to Brian.

And when Rob and Brian need ammo, ya give it up. :P We had this discussion at the club today during setup for the match. I hope you find it I would LOVE to watch it!

JT

First, I know nothing about Bianchi Cup.

That being said, it's seems to me that it is a shame that the rules are changed because one man had an excellent day and blew away all previous records.

JMHO

dj

That being said, it's seems to me that it is a shame that the rules are changed because one man had an excellent day and blew away all previous records.

On the other hand it must feel pretty good to know that you shot so well that they had to change the rules because of you. I think sometimes we take out host for granted, the Zen monk in the background, and us younger guys who werent shooting that far back forget what a kick ass shooter he really is. 505 plates in a row is 505 plates in a row, I don't care if other GM's had to be your errand boys for more ammo.

While on the subject, I think Bruce broke a couple of records himself this year. Way to go, Bruce.

Edited by Vlad

I think sometimes we take out host for granted, the Zen monk in the background, and us younger guys who weren't shooting that far back forget what a kick ass shooter he really is.

I was lucky enough to be squaded with Brian on an occasion or two when he was still actively shooting. He was also kind enough to counsel me on a few matters....and buy me an adult beverage!! :cheers::lol: We truly are lucky to have him as a resource. Of all the top shooters I've met, IMHO, he's one of the nicest!

ETFMCG: Edited to fix my crappy grammar. I write much goodly!

Edited by carinab

I'm pretty sure I have it in my collection as well.

I'll have to take a look, too.

-Chet

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure I have it in my collection as well.

I'll have to take a look, too.

-Chet

I checked my videos tonight.

I don't have the 1983 Cup.

Just 1984 and 1988(?).

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo

• 1 month later...

Dennis,

Under the old rules, I think they realized that as more shooters starting cleaning the plates, there just wouldn't be enough daylight available for every one who cleaned the plates to shoot their extras. And they also thought it was a good idea to make you stay on the line and keep shooting, rather than come back later after the regular squadding had finished. (Which wasn't really a good idea.) At that time, the organizing crew didn't imagine too many would clean the plates. But they probably didn't have to think about it too long to realize that in a year or two, maybe 10 - 20 people would clean the plates, and if each one shot several hundred or more extras, well, they'd have to extend the match by a day or two.

be