Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A few forum members in the Top 10!

BigDave

WTF, that's just odd IMO. I'll admit a couple things made me laugh a little but the whole Archie thing just strikes me as over the top. I don't know Meathead from the chair in my hotel room but get a friggin grip. It's pretty sad that he can let someone get under his skin; someone get that man a valium.

Well, isn't this just the shits. Even when it comes to annoying the hell out of Uncle Vinny I'm still in friggin' C-Class. And...since we're annoying Vince in heads-up competition I don't even get to walk the prize table for a plaque or a 20 piece bag of 32 ACP brass. ;)

Other than those minor shortcomings, I find the "honor" absolutely hillarious. :lol:

Even when it comes to annoying the hell out of Uncle Vinny I'm still in friggin' C-Class.

I suppose that makes the rest of us who didn't make the list....unclassified! :P

Way to go Eric!

It's pretty sad that he can let someone get under his skin; someone get that man a valium.

I think he's just having some fun. IIRC he's the Handgun Rules guy, so the Larry-Curly-Moe thing looks like self-deprecating (spl?) humor.

I'm outraged! As much screaming and shouting Pinto and I have directed at one another over the years over the Evil Empire, I didn't even make the list?!??!?! He even forswore ever talking to me again on USPSA, a vow that he broke later after 18 months of peace and quiet.

Oh well..... :)

Damn, I moved down a place! Vince...after I was so cruel as to prove him wrong using his own words (which earned me $10,000 of his money to the charity of my choice as teh winner of the bet he offered...which was never delivered)...told me that I was number TWO after Our Hero Jim :P

I need to practice more to get back in GM status :)

Alex

OK, I suppose I know why I am listed, but Eric W? What beef can be had there?

Next year the rest of you are going to have to try harder.

(I had a much longer post typed up and ready to go, I have it saved. I figure what's the point. Some get it, some don't and some don't even know something happened)

Jim

B)-->

QUOTE(Paul B @ May 16 2007, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Forum rules prevent me from a full commentary, but suffice it to say that I don't see the same humor that others do in the Pinto website.

EXACTLY!! The humor is that it is not fu(<!ng funny!

At some point in time, I may decide to post my thoughts.

Trust me that I am not at all comfortable with the site. I will be shooting a World Shoot Qualifier match this fall in Tulsa. Should I assume from the attitude presented that I may just as well have saved my entry fee? Will Vince be looking to ding me? Will I and more importantly others that may be headed to the US team be treated fairly?

It is unconscionable that the IPSC General Secretary would post this type of tripe on a publicly accessible site.

I suppose I should be demanding from IPSC a written apology and perhaps the stripping of the office of General Secretary from Mr. Pinto for this.

I wonder if a list such as this could be considered a "Hit List"? I am certain that an 8th grader would be at the very least called in to discuss this and probably sent to a special school for troubled youth were he to publish something like this.

Jim

I will be shooting a World Shoot Qualifier match this fall in Tulsa. Should I assume from the attitude presented that I may just as well have saved my entry fee? Will Vince be looking to ding me? Will I and more importantly others that may be headed to the US team be treated fairly?

Jim,

As far as I know, the World Shoot Qualifier you referenced will be not be run solely by Vince. You'll be treated just as fairly* as you would at any other match that takes place here in the U.S.

*Which means any RO can make a mistake -- you, me,. . . . . .anybody -- but beyond that I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Will Vince be looking to ding me? Will I and more importantly others that may be headed to the US team be treated fairly?

Are you saying that before the list was discovered, you had no idea that Uncle Vinny don't love you? C'mon Jim!! Don't use this as an excuse to cast dispersions on his integrity again. If you think he dinged you unjustly, file a protest.

I suppose I should be demanding from IPSC a written apology and perhaps the stripping of the office of General Secretary from Mr. Pinto for this.

What does it have to do with IPSC? They didn't publish anything. It's his own website so he can do what he damn well pleases. He said you were hostile to IPSC. Is that a lie?

:lol:

Edited by chuckw

What does it have to do with IPSC? They didn't publish anything. It's his own website so he can do what he damn well pleases. He said you were hostile to IPSC. Is that a lie?

:lol:

Two OBCATS guys made the top 10 list, and as a Jersey guy I can say that it really does give me warm fuzzies.

Chuck you have got to be kidding me with this comment. Stop being obtuse. When the General Secretary of IPSC generates a list of "enemies of the state" he can't pretend that it is anything other than what it is. He crossed the line and that list is inappropriate (not to mention immature) even if it is on his own personal website.

Edited by rubberneck

No, I understand that Vince doesn't love me. What concerns me is that there may be those that would be less than fair feeling they were doing something he would want. In other words will a IROA RO possibly be, overly zealous with people onthe list? What would be an A might be a C, what is not a fault is, what is not a 180 might be. Some things cannot be arbitrated. IE a 180 break, if the RO says you did it, you did.

As to where Vince posts this, it is material. He is the IPSC general Secratary and since he holds a major leadership role, he is held, or should be held to a much higher level.

Jim

In other words will a IROA RO possibly be, overly zealous with people onthe list? What would be an A might be a C, what is not a fault is, what is not a 180 might be. Some things cannot be arbitrated. IE a 180 break, if the RO says you did it, you did.

As to where Vince posts this, it is material. He is the IPSC general Secratary and since he holds a major leadership role, he is held, or should be held to a much higher level.

Now you're questioning the integrity of a lot of other people and saying that an RO could make a fabricated call because of a list? A bit paranoid don't you think?

You can't take the high road on this and talk about a "much higher level" when you keep taking low level shots at him. There are lots of threads at the USPSA forum which don't involve him but you always find a way to directly or indirectly implicate him.

I'll let you have the last word as usual but remember the "do unto others" idea.

Edited by chuckw