Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dr. Frankenstein at work

I know, I know ... heresy you might say.

But ... this is the item from my Pro-1000 I missed a lot, and wanted it so badly that I finally made the move.

All in all, installation was really painless: I only had to drill and tap a 4mm hole in the turret, and the rest came by itself.

The Lee bullet feeder now sits on my dillon 650, and I like it a lot, since I only have to fill 8 tubes of bullets to effortlessly load 200 rounds, without having to manually place every single bullet on station 4.

A few pics to detail the installation.

post-1869-1179080323.jpg

post-1869-1179080356.jpg

post-1869-1179080385.jpg

Edited by Skywalker

Yes, I do collate them by hand, 1 by 1, but a handful will fill a single tube, and it takes me no longer than 30/40 seconds to fill one tube.

Besides this, I can fill the tubes whenever I have spare time.

This beats by far the hassle (for me) of having to manually place every bullet on the brass ... ;)

I purchased the Gaspari unit which basically duplicates the function of what you have. Unfortunately it did not save me any time and actually made reloading slower since I had to load the tubes in advance and had to limit my speed to keep projectiles from tipping over while indexing.

I finally broke down and purchased the Kiss unit and the difference is incredible. Since the projectile is partially seated, you can cycle the press as fast as you want and the projectile will not fall over.

I didn't do it to load faster: the normal production rate of 600 rounds per hour is enough for me; in half an hour I can load rounds for a whole training session, and my sessions do not happen so often ... :(

I did it for ease and confort of loading.

I too would switch to the KISS bullet feeder, but it costs an arm and a leg over here across the pond (almost the price of the press ... :o ).

Edited by Skywalker

I didn't do it to load faster: the normal production rate of 600 rounds per hour is enough for me; in half an hour I can load rounds for a whole training session, and my sessions do not happen so often ... :(

I did it for ease and confort of loading.

I too would switch to the KISS bullet feeder, but it costs an arm and a leg over here across the pond (almost the price of the press ... :o ).

Hmmmm :rolleyes: I'm very interested. Any chance you could make a little video to show the full cycle? Great work.

Angel

Need to work on this, because the one I made is 3MB, and it's already compressed with DivX codec: it exceeds the max allowed size for attachments.

I'd be glad to host it for you..........send it to me via email: cnemikeman AT yahoo.com

and I'll get it posted up.

-Mike

Need to work on this, because the one I made is 3MB, and it's already compressed with DivX codec: it exceeds the max allowed size for attachments.

Luca... can put it on my server for you if you like....

JT

I guess Mike beat me to it. :)

Edited by JThompson

Luca,

Initially I spoke with the folks at Kiss and they claimed that they would sell the dropper & collator seperately. At the time, I thought that my Gaspari system was the same as their dropper and thought I could save a few dollars by fitting their collator assembly to my dropper. Once I saw that the Kiss system was far superior to the Gaspari unit, I purchased the complete package.

The biggest flaw in the Kiss, that I have noticed so far, is that the collator is fairly small and they recommend filling it with a maximum of 250 projectiles at a time. Since I load 115gr FMJ, I am able to fill it with nearly 500 and it still operates correctly. I am not sure how well the system would work with your lead projectiles.

Does your unit partially seat the projectile or merely place it on top of the case?

Leo,

I am fully aware that the KISS bullet feeder is far superior, and the setup I came up with is not even remotely comparable with.

It just provides (me) more comfort of reloading, without slowing me down from the speed at which I can load without it.

And, for me, this is a big achievement: here in Italy the KISS would sell for some 650 euros, while the price of the XL650 (without the motor-driven case feeder) is about 600.

All in all, I just spent some 60 euros (for the complete Lee unit), and this is definitely acceptable to me for getting a bit more comfort in loading.

No, the Lee Bullet feeder doesn't partially seat the bullet: the two small arms just bring the bullet in the way of the upcoming brass, slightly below the seater die; then, the brass intercepts the bullet and rams into the seater.

Edited by Skywalker

To whoever is dealing with the pics in Luca's first post now ... ;)

If they were resized to approx. 700 pixels width (constrained proportions) they'd look a lot better in a browser window.

be

BE,

I didn't want them to loose details, so I didn't resize them.

My assumption was that whoever might have been interested in them would've saved them locally, rather than directly opening in a browser window.

If you feel it would be better to have them resized, I'll gladly (and promptly) do it.

Edited by Skywalker

Glad to help.

I went ahead and unzipped and have the actual file avail for you, too--

Link: Bullet Feeder

Opened the file and what I got was a Hi-Fi audio file of bullets dropping in the bin. No video, though. :(

Interesting Nemo, same here.

Glad to help.

I went ahead and unzipped and have the actual file avail for you, too--

Link: Bullet Feeder

Opened the file and what I got was a Hi-Fi audio file of bullets dropping in the bin. No video, though. :(

Interesting Nemo, same here.

try saving it to your desktop and running it from there.

lynn

• 5 weeks later...