Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do carry your gear

9supercomp

Ha Ha - pretty funny Jerome and K....

Actually if you'd ask my wife she'd tell you I load her ammo, clean her guns, carry half her ammo, and prep her gear every match. Her range bag has hardly anything in it.

In return she feeds me and somehow I find that fair and equitable.

I draw the line at picking her brass though. Now I just have to figure out how to make her do it! Maybe she needs to start buying her own?

David and I have almost the same deal!!!  With the exceptions:  I do the laundry and the food, AND sort and tumble the brass.  But he does all the other stuff!  We always carry an ice chest with us at matches, so that with 2 full range bags got to be too much to carry around.  The wagon is a blessing - honest :-)

Quote: from Philip Dedmon on 3:05 pm on July 26, 2002

I use the Tournament Series Range Bag (I have 3 of them) designed & sold be Chuck Bradley at Shooters Connection. I have had allot of range bags over the years but IMO this is the one.

Here is a link to Chuck's site

Great bags! I have two of them. I have a Green Mountain in the classifieds if interested.

(Edited by walangkatapat at 10:24 am on July 27, 2002)

(Edited by walangkatapat at 10:52 pm on July 27, 2002)

My two year old son has grown to hate his $130.00 stroller so I found that my Waller bag sits in it perfect and my folding chair tucks into the storage area underneath and the big tires and spring suspension make it real easy to move my gear. It also has a canopy to shade my gear and drinks.

I have a "small" square bag that I use to carry just enough ammo to get me through the match, a water bottle, etc. The big Waller bag with more ammo (if needed), stuffed with all the hammers, spare parts and whatnot stays in the car. I just carry the light bag and walk back to the car if I need more stuff.

I carried a big bag and( cooler at the big matches) for many years.

This year I have a very light, folding 2 wheeler that is perfect for a car trunk. I bungie it together and it really helps and should have been doing it before. Now I got the big bag cause when I started shooting IPSC, getting your gun to run was a major accomplishment and we all carried spare parts to the line. I am thinking about getting rid of the bag. In fact its too much to check at airport along with a weeks worth of clothes, etc., so I will be trying something completely new at Racegun Nationals.

I use a Stanley tool cart that I've extensively modified to carry my guns and gear to matches.  It holds 2 guns, 8 mags, my spares and tools, holster & belt, knee pads, etc...    It was modified to be legal for air travel, ie it meets all the air line requirements for weight, dimensions, locking, really high visibility to prevent theft, etc...  However I haven't had a chance to actually use it for air travel.  I used it at last years Nationals, but I had to drive instead of fly.  It's been used every week-end since at local matches and is holding up very well.  

Of course I keep adding stuff to it,  I just finished installing the mini-DVD player and flat screen!  Just kidding!

I have pictures if anybody is interested and can tell me how to post them here.  If there is enough interest I'll do an article on it for Front Sight with drawings for the add-on pieces.