Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lawyers And Bogus Law Suits

Sestock

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW SORRY OUR SYSTEM REALLY IS!

ONLY PARASITES BEHAVE IN THIS MANNER!

ANY JUDGE WHO WOULD EVEN HERE THIS CASE SHOULD BE SENT DOWN THE ROAD.

THIS GUY SHOULD BE HUNG WITH THE OTHER HORSE THIEVES THAT HAVE DESTROYED

THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN HISTORY.

It's a disgrace to the bench, a disgrace to the law, and a disgrace to a noble profession.

I do hope everyone understands that this sort of craziness is the exception to the rule, which is why it is the subject of news headlines. The vast majority of the time, our country's civil justice system works pretty well.

The scary thing is that the plaintiff could cause so much expense to defend the suit that the cleaners offered $12,000 to settle the case. Only self-representing lawyers can get away with this - any non attorney trying to get contingency fee counsel for something this bogus will get laughed out of the law office.

Let's just hope he doesn't get the judge that released a convicted murderer for like 6 weeks to get his affairs in order. Remember I said CONVICTED MURDERER. You guessed it... he didn't come back.

When it comes to judging how our legal system works, just remember three things:

(1) You shouldn't believe everything you read, in the papers or on the internet.

(2) Even if what you read is technically true, there's always more to the story than gets reported.

(3) Those sensational stories that get media attention are being reported because they are the wild exceptions to the boring, ordinary, and fairly reasonable implementation of justice that is the rule in most jurisdictions around the country.

Our legal system sure ain't perfect, but it's by far the best in the world. Don't forget it was carefully designed by the same founding fathers who drafted the Second Amendment.

• 1 month later...

The system worked as it should with the "gatekeeper" (the judge) filtering out the crap. This was clearly crap.

That admin. law judge is a disgrace to the profession. I hope the state bar takes a long look at this one.

Too bad the guy only has to pay the court fees, ~$1000. I think the court system should be set up so you had to put down something like 10% of what you are suing for, sort of like the $100 you have to put down if you want to go to arbitration at a match. This would cut down on a lot of frivalous law suits.

I think the court system should be set up so you had to put down something like 10% of what you are suing for, sort of like the $100 you have to put down if you want to go to arbitration at a match.

This would make it difficult for people who suffered terrible injury requiring millions for lifelong medical care.

But, realistically, we are never going to see reform that will meaningfully reduce the ability of contingency fee lawyers to ply their trade.

The article I saw indicated the Koreans spent at least $30K defending against this asshat.

I would hope he's be disbarred and forced to pay their legal fees.

It would be nice if there was a review process where all lawsuits get an initial stamp of approval, or the lawyer gets a smack in the head if its determined to be frivalous.

It would be nice if there was a review process where all lawsuits get an initial stamp of approval, or the lawyer gets a smack in the head if its determined to be frivalous.

There is. It's called a Motion to Dismiss (or Demurrer in some jurisdictions) and Discovery. That's basically what happened here. The wheels of justice are slow but steady. It's not like on "Law and Order."

The article indicated that the trial judge had yet to rule whether the plaintiff had to pay attorney's fees. I hope that he does have to pay.