Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving To Chicagoland From Canada

Hi,

My employer is transferring me to Chicago, and eventually I will buy a house in the suburbs.

Could someone from the area please advice me regarding which countys / municipalities to avoid so I can keep my handguns.

Also any input regarding USPSA clubs in the area would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fred Minlos

F (soon to change) 39246

Chicago bans possession of non-registered handguns, and has not accepted any new registrations since 1982.

Morton Grove, Oak Park and Evanston (last I checked) completely ban civilian handgun ownership. IL law gives towns and cities the explicit ability to have gun bans stricter than state law.

Chicago bans possession of non-registered handguns, and has not accepted any new registrations since 1982.

Morton Grove, Oak Park and Evanston (last I checked) completely ban civilian handgun ownership. IL law gives towns and cities the explicit ability to have gun bans stricter than state law.

Do not reside in Chicago.

Do not reside in Cook county, that is where Chicago is located.

If residing in Illinois you will need a gun owners card to own a gun or buy ammo , even outside of Cook County, but things are better.

Don't let these guys scare you to bad. Blago/gov and Daley/chicago mayor

are trying to get our guns, but have not been successful to date.

Go as far west from Cook county as you can. Out around DeKalb would be good.

It will be a hour comute, but worth it in real estate and tax savings and gun

ownership.

There are a lot of good IPSC clubs in the Northern Illinois Section and the

Wisconsin Section. Look them up on the USPSA website.

Yeah, depending on what side of Chicago you'll be working, you might consider living in Indiana.

Munster, Hammond and Highland (all near I-80/94) have nice neighborhoods. Gary gets a bad rap. I used to work there and there are some hell holes for sure, but most of the city is actually decent.

Thanks for all the good information guys :rolleyes: , unfortunately since my wife will be working in Northbrook, Indiana is out of the question.

I will avoid Cook county :angry: .