Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rob Boudrie

benos

Recently, our server company, EV1 Servers, merged with ThePlanet.

Out of the blue, last week Rob emailed me that ThePlanet is now offering a new off-site back up service for dedicated servers. I had a lot going on last week, so I said let's talk about it next week. He offered to set it up (he has access to my admin account) and get it going. The system, and the way it worked was real pro, he said, and it would be a nice improvement over our current backup routines. If Rob felt that way that's all I needed to hear, so I said go ahead. Last night he calls to say our first backup is running. He did the whole thing himself; the research, set up the account, then configuring the daily backup schedules. So now, thanks to Rob, we have daily backups running that back up everything on the server (uploaded avatars, pics, the forum's db, etc.).

Three cheers to Rob!

I'm so thankful to the great group of people that all work together to keep us healthy and online. Especially because this thing has gone way beyond my capabilities to keep it running.

be

Recently, our server company, EV1 Servers, merged with ThePlanet.

Out of the blue, last week Rob emailed me that ThePlanet is now offering a new off-site back up service for dedicated servers. I had a lot going on last week, so I said let's talk about it next week. He offered to set it up (he has access to my admin account) and get it going. The system, and the way it worked was real pro, he said, and it would be a nice improvement over our current backup routines. If Rob felt that way that's all I needed to hear, so I said go ahead. Last night he calls to say our first backup is running. He did the whole thing himself; the research, set up the account, then configuring the daily backup schedules. So now, thanks to Rob, we have daily backups running that back up everything on the server (uploaded avatars, pics, the forum's db, etc.).

Three cheers to Rob!

I'm so thankful to the great group of people that all work together to keep us healthy and online. Especially because this thing has gone way beyond my capabilities to keep it running.

be

:D

+1

And also like to add my thanks for this forum. I check it several times through the day from work, in a world going slowly mad, with a job that's sinking faster than Titanic, this forum and it's members are a little slice of sanity and reason. The humor forums are funny, the match reports and the technical info is fantastic.

Thanks to Brian, Rob and everyone else. :wub:

Rob is the man. He is always doing something helpful. Over the winter we ran some indoor matches at a new facility and Rob asked if he could do the scores to test some new Palm software he wrote. It was something like 2.5 minutes after the last shot was fired that he had the scores posted to the net.

Rob is the man. He is always doing something helpful. Over the winter we ran some indoor matches at a new facility and Rob asked if he could do the scores to test some new Palm software he wrote. It was something like 2.5 minutes after the last shot was fired that he had the scores posted to the net.

That was the second to last match. We had the scores up in under two minutes at the last match (mighty convenient finding an outlet labeled "network" in the classroom at the commercial range we used).\

Also, I didn't write the Palm software - a developer down under did that - I was testing the new interface to the Palm scoring system that I added to EzWinScore (pc based scoring program).

Three cheers to Rob!

Hip, Hip...Horray!

Hip, Hip...Horray!

Hip, Hip...Horray!

+1

I'm Blessed to not only count Rob among my friends, but also to be represented by him as my Area Director, a co-worker, and the guy who introduced me to IPSC/USPSA.

Like Bruce Gary said, "Thank goodness Rob's on our side." ;)