Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Elite Gold In 9mm

Adam B

That is a real nice looking gun! I checked all over town in the last few days and it seems like these guns are next to impossible to get, what gives? I was given a 30-180 delivery period and they wanted $1680.

Henning ordered 5 I think. He had 2 sold when I placed my order. They are due in... well, now... EAA is a pain to get anything from. He has the 38super not the 9s. The 30day est is a joke. You will be lucky to get one in 50 and, most likely 90. I think he wanted $1699 for his.

Henning ordered his a couple of months ago, so you have a better chance of seeing one in short order from him. Plus he works with you and will tune it for comps. He also tunes mags.

Edited by JThompson

Got mine thru my FFL dealer back then. EAA has a great customer service rep lady. I think her name is Angela? I think Henning should be the man. He is very knowledgeable on these guns.

That is a real nice looking gun! I checked all over town in the last few days and it seems like these guns are next to impossible to get, what gives? I was given a 30-180 delivery period and they wanted $1680.

Henning ordered 5 I think. He had 2 sold when I placed my order. They are due in... well, now... EAA is a pain to get anything from. He has the 38super not the 9s. The 30day est is a joke. You will be lucky to get one in 50 and, most likely 90. I think he wanted $1699 for his.

Henning ordered his a couple of months ago, so you have a better chance of seeing one in short order from him. Plus he works with you and will tune it for comps. He also tunes mags.

I waited for a couple on months also for mine.

Got mine thru my FFL dealer back then. EAA has a great customer service rep lady. I think her name is Angela?

Do you mean Sharon? She's the ONLY person at EAA worth talking to. Paul, their gunsmith is a.... well..... if you get bored some time, give him a call and you'll see! ;)

When I got my Gold Team I wanted more of the chrome mags that were sent with the gun. I called EAA directly and I was told that they don't make 'em chromed. It confused the crap out of me since I got one with the gun from EAA. I may be wrong but I think it was that gunsmith.

Got mine thru my FFL dealer back then. EAA has a great customer service rep lady. I think her name is Angela?

Do you mean Sharon? She's the ONLY person at EAA worth talking to. Paul, their gunsmith is a.... well..... if you get bored some time, give him a call and you'll see! ;)

Ooops, you are right. Sorry Sharon. She is definitely helpful.

• 4 months later...

:angry2: I've been reading this tech forum on 9mm open Elite Gold and I have some answers and questions. The lady @ EAA is Sharon Bell, don't waste your time with Paul. If you want to extend the lead in the barrel for long loading a 9mm get a throating reamer and grind the pilot down so it will fit the polygon rifling. I did it to mine and it works fine and allowed me to long load out to 1.230 before the ogive hits the rifling using R-P 115gr heads. All Witness Elite guns come from the factory with one chrome magazine. EAA only stocks the blue ones so you need to call the factory or Henning to get additional ones. You could always send them out and have them plated. NOW FOR MY PROBLEM....

I have one of the Elite Gold comp guns in 9mm and yes they shoot very soft and straight but I have yet to get this gun to feed 9mm ammo if more than 10 are loaded into the magazine. The rounds nose dive due to the base of the top round falling into the extractory groove on the round below. I have tried 9mm long mags (no spacer in the front), 9mm mags with the spacer, 38 Super mags (new & old style) and even modified the feed lips on a 40SW mag with no luck. Modified the stock orange followers, tried STI, Arredondo teflon and Grams that Henning sells (which work flawless in my Witness Elite Limited in 40SW). The overall length doesn't seem to matter as I have used everything from 1.150 to 1.230 OAL. Does anyone out there know the secret receipe for making these mags work with 9mm ammo?

:angry2: I've been reading this tech forum on 9mm open Elite Gold and I have some answers and questions. The lady @ EAA is Sharon Bell, don't waste your time with Paul. If you want to extend the lead in the barrel for long loading a 9mm get a throating reamer and grind the pilot down so it will fit the polygon rifling. I did it to mine and it works fine and allowed me to long load out to 1.230 before the ogive hits the rifling using R-P 115gr heads. All Witness Elite guns come from the factory with one chrome magazine. EAA only stocks the blue ones so you need to call the factory or Henning to get additional ones. You could always send them out and have them plated. NOW FOR MY PROBLEM....

I have one of the Elite Gold comp guns in 9mm and yes they shoot very soft and straight but I have yet to get this gun to feed 9mm ammo if more than 10 are loaded into the magazine. The rounds nose dive due to the base of the top round falling into the extractory groove on the round below. I have tried 9mm long mags (no spacer in the front), 9mm mags with the spacer, 38 Super mags (new & old style) and even modified the feed lips on a 40SW mag with no luck. Modified the stock orange followers, tried STI, Arredondo teflon and Grams that Henning sells (which work flawless in my Witness Elite Limited in 40SW). The overall length doesn't seem to matter as I have used everything from 1.150 to 1.230 OAL. Does anyone out there know the secret receipe for making these mags work with 9mm ammo?

this probably won't help you but in my competition frame 9x21 everything works OK, except I can't load any longer than 1.17 otherwise I get feeding problems in the mag. The competition frame is based off of the older small frames, much like a typical CZ-75. I do know the 'smith at EAA told me for mine it prefers 130 gr 9mm bullets. I've purchased some but have yet to load em up.

Henning i think talks about some of this in his little forum thing. I guess Gram as figured out how to do it but no one else does

Thanks for the help, I'll check with Henning.

It may take you awhile to get ahold of him. He's going to be in Europe.

Henning sent me an email before he left for the Nationals. He will be checking his email while he is gone. Also arrangements have been made to ship parts while he is gone.

Ya, he's got the sexy little coed doing the shipping. I think I'd rather go pickup my order if I was close. :P