Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

Its not a rule. Its free advice to winning. Seen plenty of people lose because they didn't follow it, including some Dayton boys. Oh so panties don't get bunched more than normal I'm one of those boys just learned and learning means not repeating mistakes. ;)

I wouldn't know the signal cause I don't hang around "truck stops"

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MRPC today...I never saw the sun but it stayed dry, which is more than I can ask for.

I'm trying to get as many miles on the Open Jager Glock as possible to get into a groove just in case I get a chance to shoot it at the OH/IPSC match. Shot a good match today...I'm seeing what stage breakdowns is faster since now I have 29rds instead of 10...always up for a learning experience. Clean with 1 or two D hits. Hopefully the major load components come SOON so I can shoot Open the way it was intended!

My camera cut off right before the third string of the classifier. They were all alpha I assure you :)

th_05c37fbe.jpg

:rolleyes:

Anyway...Tuesday I loaded up some ammo and went to the chrono. Although I originally thought that the chrono was reading hot, after firing some of my 138pf Production ammo through it, I realized that it was pretty much on.

130g Black Bullet

8.2g HS6

1.15 OAL

Fed Primer

Mixed brass

Average pf ended up being 187.

Wayyyyyyy too hot, so yesterday after work I loaded up some more ammo with 7.5g of HS6 which brought the load down to a 174pf. I will stick with this recipe for the OH and IPSC matches if I decide to shoot Open. Just two more days until the big weekend :) It's going to be a good time...I just know it ;)

How are the moly bullets doing with the comp at major power factor? Is it getting clogged up? Any barrel leading? I am wanting to go to an open setup similar to yours in the future. Jacketed bullets are expensive. Have a great time at the double header this weekend!!

I noticed a little leading with my Precision 147's, but after 500rds 130g Black Bullets screaming down the chute it actually cleaned the comp from the lead residue. I'll have better data after the OH Sectional, IPSC Nats, Monday league match, and next Sunday's club match.

Damn...it is going to be a shooting-heavy 8 days. I will most definitely have a groovy weekend :cheers:

Hiro, it jumped a bit more than the 7.5. The 7.5 seemed more controlled and on target faster. I loaded up some rounds with 7.0g of HS6 and it chrono'd at 170...too low for my comfort level and for an unfamiliar chronograph. We'll see how the 7.5g loads like the chrono at the OH and IPSC Nats.

Hiro, it jumped a bit more than the 7.5. The 7.5 seemed more controlled and on target faster. I loaded up some rounds with 7.0g of HS6 and it chrono'd at 170...too low for my comfort level and for an unfamiliar chronograph. We'll see how the 7.5g loads like the chrono at the OH and IPSC Nats.

Post some vids of that load. I'm curious to how much it smokes :D

I noticed a little leading with my Precision 147's, but after 500rds 130g Black Bullets screaming down the chute it actually cleaned the comp from the lead residue. I'll have better data after the OH Sectional, IPSC Nats, Monday league match, and next Sunday's club match.

Damn...it is going to be a shooting-heavy 8 days. I will most definitely have a groovy weekend :cheers:

Thanks dude thats good to know!! Looking forward to hearing how the build up is after this weekends shooting spree.

Just got back from the IPSC Nats. Another great squad with some of the sports top shooters. My Open Glock ran well...although I believe that HS6 is not a great matchup as it completely fouls my striker and strike channel which gave me complications...and resulted in adding 10 seconds to a run. There is so much room for improvement to be made in better understanding the recoil and sight realignment of my Open Glock with major ammo...something that will keep me innervated.

I'll get some video up from it sometime in the near future...but before I forget, thanks again to Chuck Anderson for being such a bamf and hooking me up with that chair :)

Anyway...Tuesday I loaded up some ammo and went to the chrono. Although I originally thought that the chrono was reading hot, after firing some of my 138pf Production ammo through it, I realized that it was pretty much on.

130g Black Bullet

8.2g HS6

1.15 OAL

Fed Primer

Mixed brass

Average pf ended up being 187.

Wayyyyyyy too hot, so yesterday after work I loaded up some more ammo with 7.5g of HS6 which brought the load down to a 174pf. I will stick with this recipe for the OH and IPSC matches if I decide to shoot Open. Just two more days until the big weekend :) It's going to be a good time...I just know it ;)

So Micah, did you actually shoot minor, or did you fail to make MAJOR?

Open Glock ran well...although I believe that HS6 is not a great matchup as it completely fouls my striker and strike channel which gave me complications...

As you discovered HS6 is an extremely dirty powder. Silhouette makes major fairly easy in 9 Major.

I have not tried it with 147s, but should take a lot less powder than 115 or 121 IFP. I have made major easy with 121 IFP and 115.

I have numerous # of it and your welcome to try some. Silhouette is extremely clean at 9 Major pressures. Silhouette is as clean as Vit powders and a lot cheaper.

Let me know if you'd like to try Silhouette.

Larry

So Micah, did you actually shoot minor, or did you fail to make MAJOR?

I chrono'd at 174 with 7.5g of HS6. Linda fixed it ;)

Let me know if you'd like to try Silhouette.

Larry

Larry, I will most definitely take you up on your offer! If I can snag a few pounds from you on Sunday I'll clean my gun after the match and load up some for the remaining club/league matches. Thank you very much for your offer :cheers: