Micah's Range Diary

Micah

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know Dan...I practice between the Open gun and the Prod gun, and really feel that there is an underlying lesson in visual patience between the two types of sights. The target focus is the same, as well as the rest of the fundamentals...but seeing how the dot behaves in dryfire gives me more shot placement validation when I grab the G34.

I dig it.

Another Miamisburg Monday down...I really appreciate having a weekly match to get some shooting in, especially when it gets colder and the surrounding clubs shut down for the winter.

Shooting with my Open Glock again, I feel that I did better today than last Monday. I truly enjoy shooting Open so much that I might just shoot the damn thing in the OH Sectional and IPSC Nats...minor ammo and all. Bobby at Freedom Gun Works is trying to track down some components for me, so I hope to load up some major ammo before the new year ;)

th_f19d0118.jpg

I am dryfiring with both guns now in 15 minute intervals as I note the differences both subtle and obtuse. I still really love the additional sight verification to shot placement interaction that I get from the dot :)

BTW: Why do they call Open "The Dark Side" when it is the only division with a luminescent optic?

Thanks L-10...the splits are pretty good without major pf...but you are right...they will roar with some heat behind it.

The holster is the same DOH that I use with my Production gun. The comp protrudes from the bottom of the holster:

5a35e3a5.jpg

Thanks L-10...the splits are pretty good without major pf...but you are right...they will roar with some heat behind it.

The holster is the same DOH that I use with my Production gun. The comp protrudes from the bottom of the holster:

5a35e3a5.jpg

KEWL!!!!

I was wondering how long you could stay away from blue! Looks pretty sweet! :cheers:

Just finished a new dryfire video with the headcam LINK. Bullets and powder should hit my door any day now...and if I can develop a load before next Saturday, I will shoot my Open Glock at both the OH Sect and IPSC Nats next weekend. I only have the MRPC match this Sunday and one more league match at Mburg until those majors hit...I've been dryfiring the hell out of the Open gun to make that magwell work better for me. I still feel that my reloads without it are smoother...so I may just take the damn thing off.

Didn't you already tell me that over the phone like an hour ago?

And didn't you go to an Area match right after getting a new grip installed?

Hey, I installed that grip myself, thank you very much.

And don't forget about my little "9 clicks to the right & 3 down rear-sight adjustment" at the Limited Nationals ........... :o

B)

Rule #1: Dont change a thing, right before a major match. :)

Didn't you already tell me that over the phone like an hour ago?

And didn't you go to an Area match right after getting a new grip installed?

Bill gave me this today:

Funny you should mention Bill, as that rule ....... is actually Bill's rule.

I wonder what he would say now. :rolleyes:

If you aren't comfortable with the mag well, don't use it. Since it is really the "new" thing...it wouldn't really be a change to not use it.

That is kinda the way I was leaning Flex. I'll shoot with it on and off at the range this weekend and see if there is any felt difference in the way the gun recoils. Since this Open gun is still quite new to me, I don't believe that it would require a dramatic change in feel.

Funny you should mention Bill, as that rule ....... is actually Bill's rule.

I wonder what he would say now. :rolleyes:

To

And don't forget about my little "9 clicks to the right & 3 down rear-sight adjustment" at the Limited Nationals ........... :o

he would say, "Is that the preferred truck stop signal for a half-n-half and a reach-around?"

:roflol: