Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practice Ammo?

jgilmore16

Where is everyone getting their ammo for practice?? Any good "cheap" spots..Best I've found is Wal-Mart $15/100rds 9mm. Anyone know of any better deals out there??

Thanks!

Dick's Sporting Goods - if there are any in your area - have frequent sales of $5.99 per 50 rnd box when you buy a case of 10 boxes.

The Dick's in my area stopped selling anything but shotgun ammo. Wal-mart is my choice. It is the best price on factory ammo I've seen. I get my 9mm through the P.D. but for 45cal I go with Wal-mart.

+1 on the Wally World WWB. I've used it without a single problem for several years.

Natchez is a good mail order source for CCI Blazer aluminum or brass ammo. You may be able to get the aluminum version for a few cents per box less than the WWB but it won't likely be much of a difference.

+1 on the Wally World WWB. I've used it without a single problem for several years.

Natchez is a good mail order source for CCI Blazer aluminum or brass ammo. You may be able to get the aluminum version for a few cents per box less than the WWB but it won't likely be much of a difference.

Natchez CCI Blazer was what I used to pick up before loading my own. Toy with the quantity to maximize your shipping per box.

I have been buying Monarch 9mm in steel cases (russina) at Academy for $4.87 per 50 - I have been using that fpr practice. I bought CCI Blazer Aluminum 9mm for $5.87 per box at the same Academy store - that is what I am using for local match ammo.

The Dick's here sells Remington 9mm for $6.99 per box if you buy a case (10 boxes). Dick's has a deal where if you buy a lot and register your purchases with them you can earn coupons. I often have a $10 coupon that I apply to shotgun shells or 9mm.

I shoot the exact same ammo in practice I do in a match. I want to know that the feedback I'm getting in practice can be beliveved.

You can't sit there and miss steel or shoot a couple of "D"'s and say "We'll if I had been using match ammo, they'd have been hits."

I reload everything. 9mm is still cheaper to roll your own than buy.