Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Matt Burkett Class - Ohio

Tactical Timmy

We are in the Progress of scheduling a Matt Burkett class. The class will held at Green Port Tactical in Canton Ohio. The web site For Green Port is Gta.dynalias.org

We have 2 already for the class and need 10 more.

The dates for the class are June 29, 30, and will shoot a match on July 1st.

If you have any questions pm me or leave it here. Please let me know as soon as possible so we can get enough people for the class

Adam

If you want to stay static, on a lethargic plateau... then don't take this class ;)

Highly recommended... Wish I could be there, too... (but, hey, I'm going to be in Yellowstone, so... :D ).

If you want to stay static, on a lethargic plateau... then don't take this class ;)

Highly recommended... Wish I could be there, too... (but, hey, I'm going to be in Yellowstone, so... :D ).

What Dave said, except I'll be in Alaska. :)

Hello all --

I'm the other contact for class info.

Still cranking out all the details, which we hope to have later this week, but here's what we know so far:

1. Info on course content, round count, etc, is as per posting on Matt's website

http://www.mattburkett.com under 'Training'.

2. Anticipate that class will be 'all day', specific times TBA, on Fri & Sat. Match is Sunday. Match data at www.gta.dynalias.org

3. Costs: $495 class fee, $15 match fee for Sunday; range use fees will be $30-50 for the weekend. The latter part is what I have to hammer out -- depends upon what specific arrangements have to be made for insurance.

4. Lodging - search under 'Canton OH'. Lots of major chain hotels ~10 miles from the range along I-77. Nearest airport is Akron-Canton (CAK), though I suspect that most attendees will be driving.

5. Plan on bringing a lunch. No fast food close to the range, small local market a bit up the road that has take-out.

6. We need 12 people (minimum) for the class. I know of 3 definitely committed now. Matt says his max class size is ~15 so we all get some individualized attention.

7. Any more questions, PM me or Adam (Tactical Timmy).

From Matt's site:

"Practical Shooting Class D-M class - focus can be IPSC or IDPA"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q1: This class is IPSC?

Q2: Matt specifies round count of 1500 for his advanced class, but nothing for this class? Assume it's the same?

Hello all -- I'm the other contact for class info.

Still cranking out all the details, which we hope to have later this week, but here's what we know so far:

1. Info on course content, round count, etc, is as per posting on Matt's website

http://www.mattburkett.com under 'Training'.

Per Burkett website: Training -> Equipment needed

Minimum 500 rounds/day for group class.

Adam will need to advise specifically how many rounds for Sunday's match.

Rough math: ~ 1500 rounds for all 3 days

I'll check with Matt re: IPSC vs. IDPA vs. USPSA focus. Anticipate an answer on both that and the range fee question by early next week.

Would be interested, but would like to know the "target audience" ie.. OPEN, LIMITED?

Is this a D-M or the Advanced training?

Thanks and Please PM with the details when you have em.

Would be interested, but would like to know the "target audience" ie.. OPEN, LIMITED?

Is this a D-M or the Advanced training?

This is the D-M course.

Greenport Tactical is new to the USPSA affiliation this year. They have been an IDPA group for some time and are continuing that affiliation.

Some of what will be covered in the class will depend upon who comes, what the interests and skill levels are. I'm sure that will be assessed on the first day ... or we may ask registrants to send that info with their registration paperwork so Matt knows who/what he's coming in to.

At this time, we're not trying to sharply delineate any 'target audience' to the exclusion of anyone else. Some of us coming from a defensive, LE, or IDPA/IPSC background are still trying to figure out what all the alpha classifications and different gun configurations of USPSA mean.

This is a very steep learning curve.

Matt said that he wanted to keep the class small so that we'd all get individual attention. I'm sure that means that he'll try to accommodate everyone and realizes that there will be a range of interests and ability levels.

Blizzards permitting (it's sub-freezing and blowing snow here, thank you very much), I'll talk with the range owner tomorrow evening to hammer out the range costs. I'll pass the other questions to Matt via email, but realize that a response may be delayed until after the Easter/Passover holidays. Therefore, I hope to be back to the Forum next week with answers.

If anyone has any additional questions, please post them here or PM me. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone -- Just talked with Matt and I have the data!

Class at Greenport Tactical Assn www.gta.dynalias.org in Canton, OH

June 29-30, 2007

0830 - 1700 (or later, if weather smiles and we're on a roll)

1000 rounds for the weekend, feel free to bring more

This is Matt's D-M Practical Shooting class, can be individually tailored to skill level and interest (IDPA/IPSC/USPSA)

Cost: $495

(Please sign up ASAP so we know the class can 'go'!)

***NOTE:*** There will be an additional $30/person to be paid on the first day -- range rental, checks payable to the range owner. If you want to send that ahead of class, PM me and I'll give you a postal address.***

USPSA Match - Sunday July 1

bring 250 rounds (likely use less)

Match fee ~$15, payable on the day of the match

Please let me know if there are any questions, I've tried to respond to most of those that were already raised.

For those traveling, MANY major chain hotels and restaurants along I-77 between the range and Akron-Canton airport (CAK).

Hope to see all of you who have expressed an interest; this is likely Matt's ONLY trip to OH for a while (he's got this little place in Texas now ...).

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to make sure everyone knows that the Matt burkett class at Green Port Tactical is a GO!

Sign up for the class is at burkettvideo.com.The class dates are June 29&30 and the match is July 1.

If you have any other questions please PM me.

Adam

Just wanted to make sure everyone knows that the Matt burkett class at Green Port Tactical is a GO!

Sign up for the class is at burkettvideo.com.The class dates are June 29&30 and the match is July 1.

If you have any other questions please PM me.

Adam

Tac. Timmy,

Hunter, and I are signed up, hope we get some good USPSA training, and hope the weather is good.

JWB