Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Several Tons Of Brass For Sale On Ebay

Carlos

re-read the post: "auctions will start April 2 and run until April 13th"

Seller is legit. Currently disposes of several hundren pounds of used knifes, letherman tools, scissors, etc. Why? Confiscated by the state. Appears he has a contract with PA.

They're selling 18,548lbs (minimums) of .40 brass. Given the 10lbs/1k that's a bit over 1.8 million cases. Too bad all of it is pickup only. I'm sure some PA eBay huckster will pickup on this soon enough and flip several lots in smaller quantities for a nice profit.

OK - I'm 2 hours away. I'll be willing to make the run but i need to not lose anything on the deal. How much are you guys willing to pay per 1000 shipped and how many thousand are you guys willing to buy. Right now, I'm looking at $20 + shipping for 1000 (my cost). I don't know how much shipping is so I'm guessing $25 per thousand (give or take). What do you think?

OK - I'm 2 hours away. I'll be willing to make the run but i need to not lose anything on the deal. How much are you guys willing to pay per 1000 shipped and how many thousand are you guys willing to buy. Right now, I'm looking at $20 + shipping for 1000 (my cost). I don't know how much shipping is so I'm guessing $25 per thousand (give or take). What do you think?

USPS flat rate box should hold around 3000.

Kenny

Kenny

How much for the flat rate box?

Never mind - $8.10 per box. Is that the box you are talking about (11"x8.5"x5.5")? If that's the case, how about $65 per 3000? Anybody interested?

Edited by racerba

Kenny

How much for the flat rate box?

Never mind - $8.10 per box. Is that the box you are talking about (11"x8.5"x5.5")? If that's the case, how about $65 per 3000? Anybody interested?

Remember that this is sight unseen, mixed brass, perhaps been sitting out in the weather for who knows for exactly how long.

You can get smaller lots of brass on Ebay, sorted by headstamp, for about $25/K net (including shipping). My buddies and I were thinking it worth bidding up to $300/lot (about $20/K) until the shipping issue stopped us cold.

Don't want to put you to the trouble (time, gas and hassle) if you don't get something for your effort. But if you can do it for $60/3K shipped, I'll buy two or three from you, and possibly more from my friends.

Kevin C

Edited by kevin c

Hi folks,

I live in western PA near Pittsburgh about a 2 hour drive to Harrisburg where you would have to go to pick up the brass (plus fuel & turnpike fees).

The cost of the auction if nobody bumps the lot price is at $255 right now. Final fees are 6% PA sales tax(doesn't apply to non-resident) & a $10 handling fee for a total cost of $280.30. Without fuel & pike fees the brass work out to about 2 cents per case or $20/thousand. I figure there are about 105 cases per pound give or take a few. If my numbers by weight are accurate there will be 15,530 cases per lot. That's a boatload of brass that would keep you shooting for some time.

As far as flipping the brass on eBay.....I'd lose money when I add in fuel cost & pike fees to the cost. I did a completed item search for 40 sw brass and find it to be running around $20/thousand + shipping for the past 30 days.

At first I was going to buy 4 lots thinking that I'd keep one for myself and sell off the 3 others to basically to get my lot for free. After crunching the numbers it won't work that way unless there is a spike in brass or 40 sw becomes hard to find.

I talked with some people and they said they are fairly certain that PSP uses winchester white box at the academy ranges