Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para In A Limcat?

dfwmiket

I have a Limcat holster that I'm using for my STI right now...... and I've seen a couple of nice Para guns for sale lately that I would like to have as a backup gun, but can't find any info on the simplest of things: will the Para work with my Limcat? If so, do I need an adapter? ( where would I get? )

If not, I doubt I'll buy another holster, so this sorta helps the decision making process......if not, guess I'll buy another S_I.

Thanks!

-Mike

PS......I'm a southpaw, so finding ANY holster at all was a challenge. :P:P

Edited by cnemikeman

Para's will work in a Limcat although you'll have to tune it a little. And it will be a little loose even when locked because the locking cam is made to fit the S_I trigger guard. You can get it pretty close though and it won't fall out if you have it locked. I've also found that any plastic holster or parts need a judicious application of Slide Glide to make them really slick.

The Limcat comes with an "adapter" for the steel frames. You might be able to get it from Limcat if you don't have one.

Barry B)

Like he said.

Gino was right about being loose, but it's secure when locked. PM me your address, I'll send you one for 1911 frames. It's a little worn out where the trigger guard pushes it down to engage the lock but it stll works fine.

When I first purchased my Limcat it came with 2 trigger locks... one for STI and the other for 1911. Don't know when the Limcat became model specific, but I have a friend who needs a 1911 trigger lock. Tried Limcat... no response. Anyone have one that they don't need?

See above poster........he has one that was offered to me, and I'll simply let it pass me and on to you for your friend. Thanks everyone for the info.

-Mike

BTW---what IS the Limcat website these days?

Johnny is in the Philippines right now. Should be back any day. Promised to ship me an order when he gets back. Didnt say whether it would include holsters or not. Been waiting on them since August.

The holsters used to come with 2 trigger cams. One for sti and one for 1911. I had so many complaints, and I guess Johnny did to, that the 1911/para/caspian steel frame guns were loose and floppy in the holster. The last couple times I have received holsters they have not come with the second trigger cam for the steel frame guns. I quit advertising that the holster would work with the steel frame guns. It is similar for any of the holsters that dont have a muzzle retainer.

+1 on the missing steel frame adapter...got mine from Rene at SSI. I just loosened all the screws and fiddled with it 'til it was as close as it was gonna be. Eventually went to the Ribas, easier to adjust and locked down tighter on the Paras. I use the Limcat for the SS Open and Limited guns now, even though they flop around a bit their lighter weights don't give me the heebie jeebies when I'm walking around.