Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Indiana Section Championship - June 15 - 17

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the greatest race that the Indianapolis Speedway holds... the U.S. Grand Prix! Wow, they actually have to slow down and speed up and make right turns?!? All the other major races there only involve left turns. :blink: The sound of an F1 engine revving up to 20,000 rpm is absolutely incredible (I am actually shooting the match on Fri. so I can go to the race).

Only the greatest race that the Indianapolis Speedway holds... the U.S. Grand Prix! Wow, they actually have to slow down and speed up and make right turns?!? All the other major races there only involve left turns. :blink: The sound of an F1 engine revving up to 20,000 rpm is absolutely incredible (I am actually shooting the match on Fri. so I can go to the race).

Oh - I went to the speedway's site and thought it said the grand prix was in April, the 500 is in May and the Brickyard 400 is in July!

That is why the match hotel is in Kokomo, IN

here is the information:

We have reserved a block of rooms (both doubles and king size singles) at the Quality Inn for $55 (doubles) and $50 (singles) a night. Use the code "Indiana Section" to reserve a room at that rate. I have listed other hotels in the same area in case anyone wants to shop for something different. All of the below are close to restaurants, and with 30 minutes of the range.

Quality Inn & Suites

1709 E. Lincoln Road

Kokomo, IN 46902

(765) 459-8001

Jacuzzi rooms, executive king rooms, doubles, Atlantis Lounge, indoor heated pool, hot tub, free HBO, Continental breakfast everyday, non-smoking rooms, handicap rooms, exercise room, free parking.

Best Western/Signature Inn

4021 LaFountain Street

Kokomo, IN 46902

(765) 455-1000

Indoor pool with spa and fitness area, sun deck, free breakfast express, includes fruit, cereal, juice, pastries and make your own waffles and biscuits and gravy, king spa room, interview centers, free newspaper, free local calls and local fax, computer modem hookup for guest rooms, discounts to local restaurants.

Comfort Inn

522 Essex Drive (U.S. 31)

Kokomo, IN 46901

(765) 452-5050

Indoor pool and spa, continental breakfast, game room, HBO, ESPN, suites with refrigerator and microwave.

Courtyard by Marriott

411 Kentucky Drive

Kokomo, IN 46902

(765) 453-0800

Courtyard makes it easier to be on the road offering services you want with sixty years of Marriott expertise to perfect them.

We offer: A friendly and efficient Staff, Indoor heated pool, Hot tub, In-house Fitness Center and Free access to a local 24 hour Gym. Rooms include a King size bed with a pullout sofa bed or two double beds. We also have large suites and Jacuzzi spa rooms. Each room has Complementary High Speed Internet Access, a large work desk, phones with 2- lines and a data port. Our Courtyard Cafe Restaurant serves a mouth-watering breakfast buffet daily. Evening beverages and snacks are complementary Monday thru Thursday at our guest reception.

Days Inn & Suites

264 S. 00 E.W. (U.S. 31 South)

Kokomo, IN 46902

(765) 453-7100

The Days Inn & Suites features apartment style efficiency suites with free high speed internet (DSL) and business king rooms which include a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, executive (desk, chair and lamp), iron and ironing board and a snack pack. For your entertainment, we also have an outdoor pool, fitness room, 25" TVs, HBO, Showtime and a restaurant on premises. For a preview of our hotel you can visit our website.

Fairfield Inn

1717 E. Lincoln Rd.

Kokomo, IN 46902

(765) 453-8822

Indoor pool and spa, continental breakfast, meeting room, suite with king sized bed, sofa, refrigerator, microwave, hospital rates, funeral rates and group rates are available.

Hampton Inn & Suites

2920 S. Reed Rd. (US 31)

Kokomo, IN 46902

(765) 455-2900

Traditional guest rooms with one king or two full size beds. We also offer one or two bedroom suites with fully eqipped kitchens, two TV's, one VCR and two line phones. We have an indoor heated pool, whirlpool and exercise room, free hot breakfast, free local calls, satellite TV with HBO, a guest laundry facility and 24-hour convenience shop. All rooms have coffee makers, irons with ironing boards and free high-speed internet access. Complimentary manager's reception every Wednesday evening from 5:30-7:00pm that includes a light dinner, beer, wine and soft drinks.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites

511 Albany Dr.

Kokomo, IN 46902

(765) 453-2222

Presidental Suites, Jaccuzzi, Doubles, and King rooms. Each room includes a microwave and refrigerator, hairdryer, coffee maker, iron & ironing board, 2-line phones with data port, color TV with cable, and FREE HIGH SPEED INTERNET. Free Smart Start breakfast from 6-9:30am. Indoor heated pool, exercise room, guest laundry, free local phone calls, fax and copy services available. 24 hour front desk, ice machines, safety deposit boxes, and Express Check-In/Check-out. Complimentary Manager's Reception Monday thru Thursday from 5:30-7:30pm, includes appetizers, beer and wine. Group rates available.

Super 8 Motel

5110 Clinton Dr.

Kokomo, IN 46902

(765) 455-3288

Indoor heated pool, continental breakfast, suites, whirlpool room, queen beds in double rooms, king rooms available with recliners, cable plus HBO, data ports available in all rooms, fax and copy services available, AAA and Senior discounts, free crib if needed, children under 17 stay free, pets accepted.

We also are starting to get a pretty decent prize table together.

We have certificates for guns from S&W for an M&P and from CZ USA for a CZ 75.

Other sponsors so far are:

Hi Viz Sights GOLD - A whole bunch of sights

Stream Light GOLD TRL1, TRL2 and TL3, lights

Detonices USA Silver - mags

Aless Leather Silver 4x $50 certificates

DeSantis Bronze - coupons

Zero Ammo Bronze $50 certificate

BlackWater USA Stage (2 free 3 day basic pistol training classes)

Redding Reloading Bronze - 1/2 off coupons

Electronic Shooters Protection Stage ( Certificate for free pair ESP Elite hearing protection $795 value)

Para Ord 4x 35% off pistol certificates

Caylor Custom Guns - 5 $100 off gunsmithing services certificates

EGW Gold some pretty cool products like a comp and trigger

Metal Form Bronze, 3 elite .45 mags

Comp Tac- Silver 4 certificates for free holsters

Metalory Silver- free refinish certificate

Montana Gold - Gold 5x $50 certificates

Wilson Combat -bronze discount coupons (20% off guns)

Trijicon Silver 2x $100 certificates

Bar-Sto - Silver - free barrel

Robar - Silver - free refinishing

Starline - Stage - 9x $50 certificates

and there is more coming in each day!!!

Dave has been a great job putting together what is going to be one of the top State and Sectional Matches this year!!!

Todays update on slots remaining:

Saturday am session: 10

Saturday pm session: 4

Sunday am session: 5

Will it still be possible to shoot with the staff on Friday?

Will it still be possible to shoot with the staff on Friday?

Yes . . . . contact me before sending in your app.

I don't know how long it takes mail to get from Columbus to you but I am hoping it makes it in time to get one of those last Sat. PM slots. My app went out on Friday afternoon. :o

Edited by Texas HK shooter

I don't know how long it takes mail to get from Columbus to you but I am hoping it makes it in time to get one of those last Sat. PM slots. My app went out on Friday afternoon. :o

They are just north of Indianapolis (kinda like C-ville is just south of Columbus). So figure on 3.5hrs of drive. Don't we gain an hour going to Indy though ?

I am shooting on Friday with staff...then shooting everybody's guns on the other days. :)

(Dave, paperwork coming your way.)

B)

Don't we gain an hour going to Indy though ?

Not anymore. Most of the state is on eastern time year round now. Only a few counties in the northwest and southwest are on central time. No gain, no loss, from the Buckeye state.

(Dave, paperwork coming your way.)

Outstanding.

OK, don't send in any more apps for Saturday pm or Sunday am. They are tanked. Still slots available for Saturday am. We'll take a couple more if you want to shoot Friday, but we need to get the staff shot through and on their way to rest up for the big weekend, so these will be limited.

Thanks for all of the support for our match.

Saturday pm session: 0

Sunday am session: 0