Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holsters

sv45

Just getting back into shooting IPSC from 1996, what is the hot set up on holsters mag holders and belts. I have been looking at limcat but cant find in stock.

I really like my Ghost holster for my limited gun and the CR speed pouches.

Just getting back into shooting IPSC from 1996, what is the hot set up on holsters mag holders and belts. I have been looking at limcat but cant find in stock.

I really like my Ghost holster for my limited gun and the CR speed pouches.

I also run a ghost holster and CR speed versa mag pouches on a CR speed high torque belt. I like it better than the older safariland stuff i used to have.

+1

I took a similar break as you did. Right now I've got a Safariland 012 and a Guga Ribas. The 012 is nice, but the Ribas is awesome. I haven't had the chance to use it in a match, but have practiced with it a fair amount and done a ton of dry firing out of it. It's really secure (you can totally lock in the gun), extremely adjustable (mounted on a ball that you can rotate in any direction) and very fast. It's a lot like the Limcat in many ways...some people prefer one and some prefer the other, but they're both really nice. I know Speed Shooter International has them in stock, but they're a little pricey.

What kind of mag holders are you guys using?

I upgaded all of my Safariland stuff and went to the Ghost for a holster and several different brands of mag pouches but ended up going back to my old Safariland mag pouches. I could not find anything as secure and comfortable as the old Safariland stuff.

1996 ?

What...did you out grow your belt ? :):)

I stuck with the Safariland inner and out belt combo for as long as I could. But, the CR Speed inner and outer belt is superior.

The new (well, they have been out for a while now) CR Speed mag pouches...lots of shooter use them and like them. They are adjustable, so they work for various platforms (I think they have wedges and spacers that you can add and subtract to get them to fit different mags). I was a bit skeptical of them when I first saw them, but I see lots of shooters use them. They are happy and the pouches don't fail. (I can't say that for the Limcat pouches, though they did just come out with a new design improvement of some sort.)

I've found no reason to give up my Safariland pouches. They are great.

Holsters...kinda depends what you are after. CR Speed and Ghost are at the top of the heap, with others offering good design as well.

A lot of shooters are liking the Blade-Tech dropped and off-set (DOH). It's more of a stock/production style holster. But, it offers a nice stable platform to draw from.

Keep an eye out in the classifieds here and on the USPSA site. There is always somebody switching gear. Deals to be had. (I thought I saw a deal on some Safariland pouches on here, but they may be gone now.)

CR Speed belt, Versa mag pouches (also CR Speed) Ribas holster for the Edge.

Cr Speed belt, old style Safariland (non-roller) pouches mounted edge-wise, Ribas holster for the Para(s).

Safariland Levitation with adapted old style Safariland pouches edge-wise, Limcat holster mounted on the 012 rod for the SS Open and Limited guns.

Galco straight drop holster, and various Galco and Ted Blocker pouches threaded on Blocker belt for PSS.

No Production rig or gun yet but hey, it's only March.

(Old style Safariland pouches tuned to best tension then locked down with solid nylon spacers rather than rubber tension spacers.)