Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Do You Do Your Siaga Reloads?

Any tricks for saving time?

I'm curious about the technique and how you setup the shotgun for it.

I'm left handed, so it makes doing everything with the Saiga a lot easier.

On empty I tuck the stock under my shoulder and bring the gun up at an angle in front of me.

knock out the empty magazine with support hand.

pull back the bolt and hit the bolt hold open with my thumb.

insert fresh mag

release the bolt.

http://www.cavalryarms.com/vids/Saiga-6.wmv

I had a leg rig made that holds 4-10 rounders mags and 2 singles mag that are for my 5 rounders.

And I will add to the question.. how are you carrying the mags? What do you use as a mag pouch? Are you doing a thigh ride molle

And I will add to the question.. how are you carrying the mags? What do you use as a mag pouch? Are you doing a thigh ride molle

http://www.cavalryarms.com/gear/CTS-1.jpg

http://www.cavalryarms.com/gear/CTS-2.jpg

Vest holds 4 10s and 4 5s.

http://www.cavalryarms.com/gear/CTS-3.jpg

Mag satchel

we'll have double mag pouches that are MOLLE compatible for sale tomorrow for $40.00

I can also have more mag satchels made, they would be around $80.00.

There are several ways, first is to get a Jeric last round bolt lock, and fire till bolt lock drop the mag, put a fresh one in let the bolt go home and start shooting.

Or

The Combat reload what you have to do is only put 8 rounds in your 8 round mags shoot 7 incert a new mag and keep going, or if you have plenty of mags shoot a 6 or so shots and reload keep moving and firing, my method.

Or you can do the bolt hold back method then you can put 9 rounds into your 8 round mags, which is the way I start off, You are just going to have to practice and work up your own technique.

I use a South African Viper tactical vest, it is great it carries everything I need and has plenty of pockets for AK or AR mags.

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/...egory&id=53

Edited by Topmaul

• 4 months later...

I have officially changed my reloading method, it is now much faster, I use an AK chest harness, all magazines are shells up facing forward, my mags are APG 10 round type, I reload on the closed bolt since I have plenty of mags I reload often.

• 2 months later...

I thought I was pretty quick, then a friend of mine showed up with a WrathMaker Drum, that thing was amazing, he cleared stages with no reloads, I think he was over 60 seconds ahead of me. Third place over all my son (15) was #2 and only 4 seconds ahead of me.

With all may mags I have a total of 71 rounds on me I think I can cover it LOL. :cheers:

ok, so where do you get saiga shotguns now, and the mags that you guys are talking about. I thought it was a good idea for a minute but could never find mags.

Now that there are tens of thousands of very nice 10-round magazines on the market, and TWO companies making 20-round drums...Saiga shotguns are very hard to find.

Go figure <_<

At least two mag fed shotguns in Tulsa next month (on squad 2) ;)

Alex

Now that there are tens of thousands of very nice 10-round magazines on the market, and TWO companies making 20-round drums...Saiga shotguns are very hard to find.

Go figure <_<

At least two mag fed shotguns in Tulsa next month (on squad 2) ;)

Alex

I saw one of those drums in action on Saturday and the shooter with smoked the rest of the Saiga shooters, Team Saiga took 1,2,3,6 over all, not bad. Two darn fine shotgunners took 4th and 5th place. The guy with with the drum was more than a minute ahead of me, and 55 seconds ahead of my son.

Edited by Topmaul

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2 and a fresh conversion by a guy on the Saiga forums.

I see som familiar names here from those forums as well. First off I was shown a reload method at the KY state Multigun offline.

Basicly it is holding the shotgun paralell to the ground and put the butt in the front of your right hip at belt level, using the right thumb to hold back the bolt and the rest of your hand to wrap around the stock. Done right your trigger finger is touching the front of the trigger housing. Use the left to reload from the left from the home made mag pouch. See the Saiga forums and search pouch.

The other method is the LRBHO which is faster BUT you need to shoot to slide lock so to speak. No big deal.

Im new to this platform but the last method is faster it seems. I feel that the Saiga is going to make a real run as the top gun in 3 gun maybe. If nothing else it is SO cool

I could use any info to improve this but the platform is better than me and will make the "tubers' look slow. Not to mention the issue of the drums WHICH the USPSA REFUSES to address.

USPSA's President likes the 10 round limit, as evidenced by the "go to hell" look when I made a comment to him at the Nationals about the 10-round limit being the last of the Klinton-approved rules in Multigun and needing to be updated to match IPSC ;)

With the stick loaders at 4, 6, and 8 (also known as the "two hand sword of shotgun loading"), the pure speed advantage of the modern shotguns are more limited when the Klinton 10-round limit is enforced (as it is by the current USPSA rules). The drum would be a rather large advantage at some stages.

Not, however, at the recent USPSA 3-Gun Nationals, which required only a few magazine changes through the match due to the low round count pistol-stage format of the shotgun courses of fire.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...

I have no hands on with the saiga but a shooter at our club has brought his out a few times and he has a pretty slick way of reloading his mags. At least it looks fast. What he does is this, prior to wrestling with the mag in his gun he pulls the fresh mag from the pouch and using this as a lever he hits the mag release and sweeps the old mag out of the magwell with the new one, then the new mag is inserted into the shotgun. I dont know if this puts any abnormal wear n tear on anything but it seems to work for him.