Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2002 Streetgun Nationals

Given the new schedule, if someone walked up and dropped a slot to the Streetgun Nationals in your lap, which category would you sign up for?

Personally, as much as I like shooting Limited 10, I think the GM's will be all over it like it was another single stack match.  Rather than get kicked around by a bunch of GM's, I'll settle for getting kicked around by one, and shoot Revolver.  And, I'd rather shoot my 625-2 than a 9mm.

Around here we see a lot more Lim10 shooters than Production, but then we lure IDPA shooters back to the fold.

Production: Not sure what I'd buy yet ...maybe one of the new Walthers in 9mm. Only because its a cheap way to get in..otherwise I'd get a fullhouse SVI and nut up and play against the big boys..thats what its all about...If I want to win easy matches I'll just stay near home.

Pat

A Glock 9mm.

Wow, a USPSA Street Gun Nationals! Who would have thunk it:)

Now to do something about the scoring problem between Limited 10 and Production. Production has no chance winning overall with the major/minor scoring. Put all the power factors at 135 or so. Then the heavy limited guns may not be such an advantage.

Wow, a Street Gun Nationals. Cool, what a great marketing concept. My compliments to the architect of this idea.

Carry on,

Keith

Production is its own division and should NOT be scored with Limited 10.

I'd shoot David's Limited gun in L10 because we have the bullets, and its easier for me to reloads than deal with funky triggers on production guns!

(Edited by Shooter Grrl at 9:00 pm on Jan. 6, 2002)

I'd bring my $2,200 "street gun," the same STI I shoot in Limited, maybe without the high-zoot followers and base pads. Bring on the GMs... maybe they'll forget to reload.

P.S. Being kicked around by GMs builds character.

I would shoot what I' ve been shooting with since I started the game (a year and one half) a single stack 1911, but I would make sure I had fresh mag springs.  I would mention the brand, but I get enough crap over it on the range.  It makes holes where I point it.

(Edited by davecutts at 5:37 pm on Jan. 9, 2002)