Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz 75 Modified Ipsc

jasmap

I just found and bought a CZ 75 Modified IPSC gun in .40S&W. I know a little about it from the CZ website and doing searches but does anyone have any info on these guns? Any info, good or bad, will be fine with me.

I know they were built by CZ specifically for IPSC Modified Division and they do fit in the box. And yep....I do know that USPSA does not have a Modified division.

Edited by jasmap

I just found and bought a CZ 75 Modified IPSC gun in .40S&W. I know a little about it from the CZ website and doing searches but does anyone have any info on these guns? Any info, good or bad, will be fine with me.

I know they were built by CZ specifically for IPSC Modified Division and they do fit in the box. And yep....I do know that USPSA does not have a Modified division.

i used to shoot my Buddies CZ modified when i was in the Philippines..great gun the only thing you have to worry about is the scope dying on you so always have a spare :P ....also polish that feed ramp good, get some grips and Magwell from Angus and get special basepads from a Machinist or if you got contacts in the Philli get them from Tony Pascual gunworks use tactical sport magtubes and Mag followers and those basepads and you will get 19 rounds and still fit in the box....great find Jason!!! good luck in the qualifiers

Edited by ogiebb

Hey thanks. Angus is just down the road from me and I've already contacted him about mags. I like the sound of 19 rounds though. Do you have any idea how to contact Pascual? Thanks.

dont really know how to get in contact with him anymore its been 6 years maybe someone here in the forums can chime in..... his base pads are Butt ugly.. but they do work and he can build you custom ones to your liking for a price..

Edited by ogiebb

Gun says: "IPSC" right on the slide! Purpose built blaster for Modified division.

I have seen exactly one in the US - not sure where he bought the thing as I did not see it on www.cz-usa.com Still - one very cool gun!

Slide racker. I have one similar on my open gun. One cool thing I like is that the comp has a higher baffle in the back of the comp acting as a blast shield. A friend of mine in Czech shot them for a long time, I think the only real thing he changed over time was the barrell and comp, as he upgraded to a comp of his own manufacture. That sight mount should accept a J-Point, so it would be cheap for you to have a spare. Cool gun, I have always liked the looks of them. I think most of the CZ Modified shooters run Dr's but hey run with what you got and enjoy it.

Thanks. I've barely shot it but I love it. I drove over to Angus' house and picked up some mags. It runs great and shoots pretty flat. It shoots bette than I can. It's actually now one of my favorite guns. I don't know why but it felt more comfortable to me than my .38 Supercomp does. I'm going to run it in Open and see how it works out. I just have to get a good load for it.

I found this gun at Cabela's in Glendale, AZ. I only live 45 minutes from there so I went and checked it out. I had to buy it.

I found this gun at Cabela's in Glendale, AZ. I only live 45 minutes from there so I went and checked it out. I had to buy it.

Cabellas?!?! Congrats - you found a great gun that I thought was really rare in the US. Maybe I am wrong about that.

I know that the similar TS (uses the same frame) comes in 9mm as well as .40. Anyone know about the Modified? If so, that would make it a factory 9mm Major that was designed to run 9mm and .40 length ammo (i.e. 1.170" OAL or less).

Edited by Carlos

I think Modified is cool. Trying to get the best working/efficient gun and get it all into the box. The CZ is one really awesome gun. Especially with the cool stuff Angus has, you could really dress it up nicely; grips, magwell, hammer&trigger. The only questionable thing is that sight- know nothing about it, but a replacement can be had easily and cheap. Pat is right. Practice and go for the Team in Bali if you are planning to go. As far as loads, the IPSC forum would be the place to go, a few Modified guys hang out there. I think 165-180's are common, and the powder is a wide variety, Universal,.. etc...Experimentation is in order. Good Luck !

No you're right. I found it in the Gun Library at Cabela's. They generally only have rare or custom guns there. I took it to Angus and he said he'd never seen one in the US. I'm only guessing but I think it is similar to the guns the CZ Modified guys use. I have been told they've made plenty of mod's to their's but mine is the platform. I took it and shot it some more today and it falls back onto target quick. This thing shoots great. I'm in love with it already.

I just have to figure out how to get 18-19 rounds in the mags. I don't really have to but I WANT to. It uses the same 17-round mags as the CZ TS.

Cabellas?!?! Congrats - you found a great gun that I thought was really rare in the US. Maybe I am wrong about that.

I know that the similar TS (uses the same frame) comes in 9mm as well as .40. Anyone know about the Modified? If so, that would make it a factory 9mm Major that was designed to run 9mm and .40 length ammo (i.e. 1.170" OAL or less).

Edited by jasmap

I found 155s worked best for comp pressure and cyclic rate. You have a lot of options for powder, so you can tune to your heart's content. As for capacity, get some sacrificial springs and followers, and start trimming and adjusting. On my Modified gun, I could get 18 rounds reliably in three mags. the 4th, I could either get 18 reliably, or 19 as long as I ran the spring no more than a dozen times. Past that, it failed to feed.

(Talk aobut a specialized spring!)

Jason,

their some Pic in this PDF-File -> CZ75 Modified / Tanfoglio Modified / SPS Modified / SVI IMM Modified (the text is in German).

cu

Sven

Thats a cool link Sven. I just wish I could read German. That's some serious customizing he's done. They look great.

Yeah I agree. I love my gun but unless more IPSC matches catch on then it won't be as competitive in Open as my .38 Super.

I agree - but if they make a version in 9mm, it would be an instant "9mm Major Open gun" right from the factory. The TS is nearly the same gun (same frame) - and it comes in 9mm. Why not the Modified in 9mm & why not in the US? I would buy that gun from CZ in a heartbeat.

AND - the recent FrontSite described how fast 9mm Major is growing in the US; lots of Open shooters are switching to it for obvious reasons. (flashback to the early days of USPSA/IPSC "that new-fangled .38 super racegun offers no advantages, will NEVER catch on, and I ain't switchin!"). My my, how times change.

• 9 months later...

In case anyone is interested, there is a CZ Modified for sale on gunbroker.com. Here's the item#: 85937216. These are VERY fun to shoot. I wish the US had Modified Division, I would've never sold mine if we did.

saw that...very tempting..one could almost run it in open with the new basepads 20+1..is almost there...

there is also a CZ Champion in 9mm too..

And the WS is next year! This was honestly one of the funnest guns I've ever owned. I don't really regret selling it but I'd love to have another someday. They're pretty rare in the US.