Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Good Bay Area Instructor (ca)

Loves2Shoot

I thought they disarmed them, rounded them up and shot them. :mellow:

Who knows maybe some survived, I have friends that escaped in a hotair baloon made of bedsheets during the Clinton Administration. ;)

Edited by dirtypool40

Shotgun, rifle, handguns, bullseye, USPSA, IDPA, defensive, PPC, informal, professional?

I hope Loves2Shoot doesn't mind my mildly hijacking his thead, but I'd be interested in a USPSA coach...I can use the help :D

Shotgun, rifle, handguns, bullseye, USPSA, IDPA, defensive, PPC, informal, professional?

I hope Loves2Shoot doesn't mind my mildly hijacking his thead, but I'd be interested in a USPSA coach...I can use the help :D

TARAN BUTLER IS THE MAN YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. YOU MIGHT SEE HIM AT 3 GUN MATCH THIS COMING SUNDAY FEB 18 AT PIRU

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...showtopic=44724

Edited by adiksaputok

Is your friend looking for a shooting course, such as taught by the pro shooters, regular instruction or tips (mentoring)?

All are available at Richmond Rod and Gun Club. Many of the action pistol professionals have courses here once or twice a year. Voight, Burkett and Miculek were all here this past year, teaching pistol, rifle, shotgun and revo. There are also regular courses on tactical pistolcraft, and even courses to prep for concealed carry. None of these are regularly scheduled, though, except for the tactical classes once a month. The pros are also pricey.

We have a friendly (mostly ;) ) bunch of RO's here, have introductory IPSC courses (just the basics) periodically, and a bunch of fairly amiable A and Master class shooters to sponge info off of. We do believe the life blood and future of our club lies with the new shooters, so we do help them out (no coddling, though :D ). If your friend wants a one time intensive course, the websites of any of the pros are good places to start for the dates of the next courses planned at RRGC. For tactical, I can put him/her in touch with the instructor out here. If the interest is in less formal IPSC coaching, he can drop by any Saturday between 0930 and 1330 during practice and ask any of the red hatted RO's, or can ask for me or drop me an email.

Kevin

I thought they disarmed them, rounded them up and shot them. :mellow:

Who knows maybe some survived, I have friends that escaped in a hotair baloon made of bedsheets during the Clinton Administration. ;)

Mike Voigt, Taran Butler, Jojo Vidanes, Ron Filho, et. al. seem to do alright with what they got.

Rich

Sorry, basic pistol shooting.

He is looking for a basic instructor that will give him a good (BE style) foundation. He doesn't want antiquated instruction. Not hardcore, but qualified.

Kevin, do you want to give me your contact info scott@springerprecision.com Thanks

L2S,

Kevin wouldn't be a bad guy to consider for the job either. ;)

Rich

I'm getting fat, fifty and nearsighted. I don't have a steely glint in my eye, and couldn't grow a beard that my friends wouldn't laugh at, yet I thank you for the compliment, Rich.

:D

Kevin

Kevin,

You fat is still skinnier than most at Richmond, including myself. You at 50 is still faster than most in their 20's. And your supposed bad eyesight is a bunch of crap as I've shot more than a few Ron Gunar stages with you. Too...your job, while magnifying glasses are around, still requires some pretty particular eyesight.

Hope to see you when I get home.

Rich

Is your friend looking for a shooting course, such as taught by the pro shooters, regular instruction or tips (mentoring)?

All are available at Richmond Rod and Gun Club. Many of the action pistol professionals have courses here once or twice a year. Voight, Burkett and Miculek were all here this past year, teaching pistol, rifle, shotgun and revo. There are also regular courses on tactical pistolcraft, and even courses to prep for concealed carry. None of these are regularly scheduled, though, except for the tactical classes once a month. The pros are also pricey.

We have a friendly (mostly ) bunch of RO's here, have introductory IPSC courses (just the basics) periodically, and a bunch of fairly amiable A and Master class shooters to sponge info off of. We do believe the life blood and future of our club lies with the new shooters, so we do help them out (no coddling, though ). If your friend wants a one time intensive course, the websites of any of the pros are good places to start for the dates of the next courses planned at RRGC. For tactical, I can put him/her in touch with the instructor out here. If the interest is in less formal IPSC coaching, he can drop by any Saturday between 0930 and 1330 during practice and ask any of the red hatted RO's, or can ask for me or drop me an email.

Kevin

Scott, a big +1 to Kevins post. Richmond Rod & Gun Club (our parent club) is my home range also. Here is our USPSA club within a club website: http://www.richmondhotshots.com/

There is a calendar at the website that shows the years events and the RO list has contact info for club staff.

Steve Wong would be a good place to start if you want to contact anyone initially. Not only is he a person of responsibility at our club, but he is a top shooter with the ability to teach what he knows.

Contact me directly if you need any more help in finding what you need in my neighborhood.

Regards,

Bruce Gray is just down the road in Sacramento:

http://www.grayguns.com/

Keith

Are you sure about that? ;)

Rumor is (from someone that lives here and is helping his getting settled in) that he is in my neck of the woods now :D

I did not know, another refugee from California settles in a gun friendly state :)

Keith