Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fluffys Revenge 1

GentlemanJim

<_< shot fluffy today..had to bring my butt home in a SACK :(

Well i watched a few guys totaly crash ..I'm thinkin this is gonna be easy..cool B)

First mistake,,,Heck I only need 1 mag right? 8 rnds no prob.....WRONG!!!!

Ok beep ..I draw ..first shot on first target...mag falls from gun...SH@#!!!

no mag in first pouch....or second....or third ....SH@#$...oh yeah back pocket spare!!

bang bang jam...SHI@#$ bang bang jam....SHI@#$ :(

36 points...7.15 sec ..hf 5.035 :(

Wife whips my a## BAD..buddys laugh thier a##es off

Great fun ..lets do it again!! :blink:

:blink: Jim :blink:

Don'tcha hate it when that happens? <_< I'm always doing that "this is easy" thing & then finding out it isn't quite so easy. :o One thing, though, if I need one mag, I bring two, if I need two, I bring three, etc. Always, just in case! That murphy thing gets me regularly but he doesn't normally do it with mags, anyway. Pretty quick reload from the back pocket, it sounds like, though. hahaha.

Say, where is east of Mountainair? I didn't think anyone lived out there. I have a buddy that lives part of the year up north of Mountainair, on a piece of land surrounded by national forest. MLM

Jim,

Don't ya just hate that when it happens. Great recovery !

I drew one time on a classifier (mag was not seated properly) and my 20rnd mag went flying forward. I had that I'm gonna smoke this one feeling until I saw the mag tumbling forward through the air, Then it quickly changed to OH S!%$T get another mag in feeling.

See ya at 3 gun this weekend !

• 3 months later...

I did 3-V in 3.02 seconds Sunday with a Single Stack .45 and even though it sounded like a squib the second round was a perfect upper A hit on the no shoot. There were no more rounds of course. You really don't expect the gun to extract a .40 case after you touch it off in a .45 I've learned. :blink:

I did 3-V in 3.02 seconds Sunday with a Single Stack .45 and even though it sounded like a squib the second round was a perfect upper A hit on the no shoot. There were no more rounds of course. You really don't expect the gun to extract a .40 case after you touch it off in a .45 I've learned. :blink:

You lucked out. I saw the same thing happen at a match in March, but the shooter didn't fare quite as good as you did. Somehow he loaded up a .40 in his Kimber .45, in the middle of the mag, and it shot but failed to extract the case. Slide went back and forth chambering the next round but with the empty .40 case in the barrel ahead of it. It went bang, blew out the bottom of the barrel foreward of the chamber along with the dustcover. Spring cap went downrange, along with the recoil spring, both never to be found again. The bullet itself went out the end (we guess) but we found parts of the .40 case left in the barrel and frame. This is how we determined the events involved. Action locked up solid. The guy ended up having to beat it apart at home with a punch and hammer. We were, however, able to determine at the range that there were no loaded rounds still in the gun or chamber by looking in with a light through the HUGE split in the barrel and frame to the chamber.

I'll not forget this one for a looong time.

I was in the squad for that one, the case blew out to .45 neat as you please, although split. Good outcome all around, considering.

H.