Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bay Bridge Charity Classic

WOO HOO!

This match is lots of fun!I can't wait.

I wonder what kind of stage Mark Olivas is going to design this year? seems like last year every one saved the "wild ride" stage for last(me included).I only managed to pull a calf muscle on that one.

Erik:

whats the name of your stage going to be,"HO HO Hoser!" or "How the Grinch stole easy shots"?

(Edited by paranoid at 8:40 pm on July 30, 2002)

I missed Mark's car last year 'cause I was at the nationals. (I would've just paddled myself back to Pinole anyway.) He did the Tarzan rope swing thing the year before when I was the M.D. In previous years we had Mr. Stephens' mine cart on his custom-made track.

I was asked to build a stage I've already done once at TASC ("The Shining Path") and once at Richmond ("Even the Hosers Get Lucky Sometimes"). Everybody else wants me to build another stage I built at TASC in March (can't remember the name). No name yet, but I've already done "Ho-Ho-Hoser" and "How the Grinch Stole Hi-Caps."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Bay Bridge Charity match is less than a month away get your enty forms in. There has been an additional stage added for a total of 6. lunch is included. Big prize raffle. Part of you enty fee is tax decutable and proceeds go to the Toys For Tots program. Not to mention its a whole lot of fun.  

Entry forms are avalible at  www.tasc-ipsc.org

Print some and hand them out to your friends at your local club.  Hope to see you there.

Erik-

it will bennifit you also...you'll get stickers with your name and shooter number on them for your score sheets instead of writing your name on each one.  At least I think its a pain to write may name on all those sheets.  But mostly helps the administration

• 3 weeks later...

There are six stages; they are going to double up on the big range. (I pleaded to the RO coordinator for an efficient way to handle this; see the "back to back stages" thread.) Four stages are probably 28-32 rounds, one is 16, and one is the classifier (up to 24?). Sound like about 150. Better bring 250+.

BTW, my stage is called "Sucker Targets." Hint: look for a thread in the Stage Comments forum.

Slats!  We don' need no stinkin' slats!  I'm shooting Open this year.

I'm going up Friday and help build stages.  (I'll be sure and bring my slat buster!)

Bring your camcorders to the match.  If the weather co-operates I'll have 2 helmet cameras (wireless video cameras attached to ear muffs) for rent at the match.

Just put on the ear muffs, plug YOUR camcorder into the remote receiver and shoot the stage.  No fanny packs, wires, etc... required.

$5.00 per run.  $2.00 of which goes to Toys for Tots.

Nolan, I dont think you were at the TASC match where we had the test run of my slatted barricade?  its 7'x4' with 10 slats about 4'' apart angled at about 30 degrees with overlaping target presentations..   Dave and Erik christened it nicely. They even signed the bullet wounds.

The Other Erik's slats are inspired by a stage from the Race Gun Nationals. I think it was the rake start stage, with widely spaced 2x4s placed just so you could get only one or two of the three or four targets through one gap, then you had to move to a new gap to acquire/engage the other targets in the array. Very cool implementation.

I think I'll shoot Open even though I signed up for Limited to practice for Area 2. Even though I've been trying to win the Limited match for three years now without success.