Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bay Bridge Charity Classic

Congrats to the match winners M. Boyd (Limited with an HK!), F. Carlos (Open, Limcat), R. Maeda (L10, single stack .45). The Production winner escapes me and there was only a single Revolver.

The slats sucked worse than I feared, there were nine targets behind them this time! TheOtherErik was only safe at the awards ceremony because he's so much bigger than all of the people that want to lynch him. I'm going to lobby for USPSA and IPSC to outlaw all tubes, barrels, and ports. And slats, while I'm at it. I think the match was too hard for the audience. Tight slats, tight tubes, bungee bouncing tube, upper A/B shots, swingers with no-shoots, etc. (Not to mention the world's fastest simultaneous turners, but, hey, they disappeared.)

This match made me realize why I swore off designing stages with activated moving targets. My stage's cabling failed early on and required re-engineering and reshoots.

The lack of ROs was shameful. C'mon, is it really that hard to work half a day? We couldn't volunteer 24 ROs out of 100 shooters?

Come on, the slats weren't that bad.  They did take a beating, but I only ended up replacing one slat. Many people were supreised that they would deflect a bullet enough to  miss the target. There were quite few mikes back there.  

The tubes on the other hand were overboard.  One or two ok... but 7 or 8.  

I think every one had a good time and I didn't really hear of any major complaints. I didn't place in B lim, but I'm happy that I shot a clean match.  I don't remember when that last time I could say that.

We estimate that we raised about $8,000 for the Toys for Tots program. After all the fuggure int is done, that might put us over the 100k mark for total donations for the 10 years that this match has been put on.

Thanks again to every one that came out and shot.

Erik-

> The tubes on the other hand were overboard.  One or two ok... but 7 or 8.  

Now there's a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I heard more gripes about the open squadding... shooters stroll up and put their scoresheets on unsupervised clipboards, last in first out, and the people who've been waiting to shoot forever keep getting bumped down. And people genereally didn't tape or set steel or set activators much.

And as I'm doing my on-deck walk-through, somebody who just showed up at the stage is in my way, doing his first general scoping out of the stage.

There's got to be a way for the flexibility and fast pace of open squadding to work with the structure and fairness of regular squadding.

I though my stage had a diverse mix of different elements....But "all shots must pass though a tube"  blah...

The one thing I encountered while I was ROing was that a group of individuals put their score sheets in the pile and left. When they returned the one of them was on deck.  They didnt help tape or anything.  I wasn't aware the situation berfore it was too late. It upset a few who were  waiting awhile.  I think think traditional squading works better if the stages run smoothly and don't back up.