Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open

Triple

Amigos: No me manejo bien con el Ingles, lo puedo leer, pero nada de escribir, si hay alguno que pueda hacerlo se lo voy a agraqdecer.

Deseo saber cual es la mejor configuración para calibre mayor en 9x19 y 38 sa.

La pregunta concreta es, barrel Hibryd ? , cuanto agujeros ?, que tipo de compensador, largo del caño y del compensador, para los dos calibres.

Los consulto porque estoy armando una Paraordnance y me gustaría saber que es lo estandar o mejor para IPSC Open

Veo que hay varias versiones, pero por lo general siempre se destaca una versión estandar.

gracias

De donde eres?

Mucha gente aqui en Los Estados Unidos usan STI o SV pistolas.

Yo compre un EAA/Tanfoglio Open como la pistola de Eric Grauffel.

Mire..... www.shootersconnection.com

www.1911store.com o www.brazoscustom.com

www.eaacorp.com

www.dawsonprecision.com

Estos estan ejemplos.

Edited by jasmap

Can someone translate the orignial poster's question? (I would, but there are some words there I don't know. Plus I know virtually nothing about open guns)

I can read Spanish okay, but don't have the vocabulary to write it. If we can get some reply's in English the original poster can probably get the info he needs.

traxman

Friends: I do not handle myself well with the English, I can read it, but nothing to write, if there is some can do it I am going away it to agraqdecer. Desire to know as is the best configuration for greater caliber in 9x19 and 38 sa. The question makes specific is, Hibryd barrel? , whichever holes? , that type of compensator, length of the sewer and the compensator, for both calibers. I consult them because I am arming a Paraordnance and I would like to know that it is the better standard or for IPSC Open I see that there are several versions, but generally always a standard version stands out. thanks

http://www.google.com/language_tools

Edited by boynty77

The consultation is: As it is the best configuration for these two calibers.

9x19: Length of barrel - hibryd 3 or 4 holes, compensator 3 or 4 ports o +

38 sa: Length of barrel - hibryd 3 or 4 holes, compensator 3 or 4 ports or +.

Thank you very much to help me, in spite of having to use an electronic translator

Ok- I'll give this a whirl. After all living in South-east Florida makes almost mandatory to handle "spanglish". :huh::(:D

Triple-

Saludos de tus companeros competidores "gringos". :lol:

Para comenzar, tienes que decidir la ruta mas directa a tu meta. Si vas a escoger el calibre 9mm (Mayor!) o el .38 Super/Comp ya que hay varias diferencias grandes a considerar. La pistola Para-Ordnance es notoria por sus interferencias y problemas con sus magazines originales en la alimentacion de proyectiles. Aqui en los estados continentales es muy dificil obtener los magzines largos de 140mm o de 170mm, siendo obtenible solo los de 120mm. Es muy importante utilizar la capacidad mas grande posible para tu ventaja, pero si solo se te permite utilizar 10 tiros en tu pais, no habra ventaja en los mas largos. Generalmente en los 9mm sera necesario instalar un "achicador" plano detras de los cartuchos en el provedor para mover su posicion hacia el frente, para que asista la alimentacion al canon. Con el .38 Super/Comp este implemento no es necesario.

La consideracion de el largo de el canon: lo que llamamos aqui una pistola "Shorty/Corta" aproximadamente 4.25" o menos o una "Standard" con un canon de 5" o mas. Esto depende de tu experiencia personal con dicho equipo y tu dexteridad, siendo como indicastes la "standard" la mas popular. Pero la "corta" ha ganado en popularidad con los competidores "sazonados" y los que disparan/compiten solamente/exclusivo a las formas/blancos de metal solido. La consideracion mayor ha sido la dificultad de consolidar una carga razonable de polvora para el "factor mayor" decidido por IPSC/USPSA, poniendole la dificultad al 9mm. Las recetas para cartuchos son mas favorables con el .38 Super.

Cuando le anades tambien los "agujeros" estaras amplificando no solo la compensacion pero igualmente la necesidad de utilizar una carga de polvora mas amplia para obtener el balance necesario para tu "factor de poder". Mayormente no se aconseja utilizar agujeros en cantidad o tamano en las pistolas cortas, cosa que es mas facil y respondiente en las pistolas "standard 5"+" . Si en tu localidad es dificil conseguir los cartuchos de .38 Super/Comp, entonces el 9mm sera imperativo, ya que posiblemente sera conseguible. Una suma de importancia es que tendras que "re-cargar" tus cartuchos ya que los que son obtenibles el las tiendas no tendran suficiente poder para clasificar como "poder mayor".

Si quieres experimentar con las formulas que describiste, es un comienzo, siempre y cuando tengas el dinero, material, el tiempo y taller donde hacer tus quehaceres. El consejo sera que comienzes sin ningun agujero, y con un compesador de un minimo de tres of cuatro recamaras ... de ahi continuas, hasta que estes satisfecho con tu labor.

Venry said (readers digest version): There is a considerable difference between 38 and 9 to think about. Para magazines are one of the problems. The Para 170 tubes that work are hard to find. Why shoot open if you can't load a similar capacity to your competitors? In 9mm lots of shooters are using spacers, in 38 that isn't needed.

Do you want a shorty or a full size gun? 38 super will provide the most options in either if you need major power factor.

Then he makes a lot more sense talking about what do you need vs. what do you get. Do you need major all the time, etc,

Not trying to do ANYTHING other than provide a little insight into a foreign language post. Translations are rough, general, and provide no data other than a feel for what the conversation is like in a languange many members cannot read or speak.

Thank you very much to all those that make an effort to help this gringo, who single can read English. Thanks for the commentaries and explanations.

Reason why I see and making a summary the advisable thing is:

9x19 5,5 " compensator 3/4 ports without Hybrids

38sa 5,5 " 3 hybrids compensator of 3 cameras.

He is this correct one?

Thanks

Triple - its very hard to tell you what is the "right" or "correct" setup. Truthfully, it varies quite a bit amongst different competitors, and how they like for the gun to feel and move.

I would encourage you to ask other local Open shooters to try their guns, and check out their configurations, and see which one you like the best when you shoot it. I have shot guns that work with with no barrel ports, and guns that have shot well with 6+ barrel ports. I have shot 9mm guns that work well with ports, too.

In general, .38 Super (I'd recommend .38 SuperComp, if you can get it) will give you more load options, because it has more case volume.

You'll usually see fewer ports in 9mm guns because ports tend to require you to use more powder to make major, and 9mm has limited case capacity - but ports can work well in 9mm, too. Using ports in a 9mm may further limit the powders that will allow you to make major, though.

Ports are not necessary - but they do help keep the gun flatter, in some cases. Its mainly a matter of personal preference - and why I'm encouraging you to try different guns and see what seems to work best for you.

Good luck!

Dave

Dave: Thank you very much by the advice, probe several arms in 9 and 38, but wanted to know as it is the general opinion. Personalmemte I believe that the best configuration is 38 5,5 ", with 3 holes and compensator of 4 cameras.

Again thanks

Dave: Thank you very much by the advice, probe several arms in 9 and 38, but wanted to know as it is the general opinion. Personalmemte I believe that the best configuration is 38 5,5 ", with 3 holes and compensator of 4 cameras.

Again thanks

Let me try to clean it a bit:

Thank you very much for the advice, i tried several guns in 9mm and .38 super configuration, but wanted to know what is the general opinion. Personally, I believe that the best configuration is .38, 5.5 inch barrel, with 3 holes and a compensator with 4 ports.