Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Spartan Vs Sentinel

mwx40x40

The Spartan is a good value, but some people would like a gun with checkering, magwell, ambi, etc... already on the pistol. You're not pay extra for some nebulous idea of one pistol being better than the other, it's just that one of those pistols has more features out of the box.

Caliber 9mm, .40 S&W, .45ACP

Frame STI Government length forged frame, Front Strap 30LPI Checkering,

Undercut trigger guard, with checkered steel D&T mainspring housing and magwell.

Grips Rosewood Grips (Thick)

Slide 3.4" Classic Carbon Steel Slide

Slide Features 5" Classic w/ STI Front and Rear Serrations

Trigger Long, curved polymer

Barrel STI fully supported, 5” ramped bushing barrel

Safeties Stainless STI grip safety and Ambi-sided thumb safeties

Guide Rod STI RecoilMaster

Sights STI Competition Front w/ STI Adjustable Rear

Overall Length 8.5"

Weight 38.3 oz.

Finish Blue

Competition Approvals Pending

Edited by Merlin Orr

STI has a new SS 1911 that is supposed to be all you would want in SS Division or CDP. My question is do you think it is worth almost $600 more than the Trojan?

My bad, I should have been more clear . I am not talking about the Spartan. I was comparing the Sentinel and the Trojan. As pointed out to me now, the recoilmaster, checkered frontstrap, ambi safety, magwell and fiber optic, could very well make up the difference.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Not me, for that kind of money I am going full custom. A Trojan is really pushing my limits price-wise for a production gun, no way would I pay $600 more for another production gun.

I KNOW I can get a hell of a lot more gun for $1600 than a production gun. Send Benny Hill a check for $1600, tell him you want the most kickass coolest and sweetest single stack gun $1600 will buy. 2 or 3 months later you will have it, and it won't be a production gun. It will also run like the energizer bunny and shoot one hole groups. The same could probably be said for a couple other smiths too.

Edited by HSMITH