Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

773s Or Crs Versa Pouches

steel1212

I'm wanting something diffrent for USPSA other than my belt fed that might get out lawed in 08. Should I pony up the extra dough and get the CR speed pouches or will the safariland stuff be just fine?

Pros/Cons for both?

I'm going to throw in my .02 and vote for the CR Speed. God forbid that you ever change guns ( ;) ) but you will be able to use the pouches for virtually any magazine. I use and love 'em, as do many others here on the forums.

I'm going to throw in my .02 and vote for the CR Speed. God forbid that you ever change guns ( ;) ) but you will be able to use the pouches for virtually any magazine. I use and love 'em, as do many others here on the forums.

So the one set of pouches with the inserts will work for pretty much any mag? Is the insert spring loaded or something? How does it stay put....I need to bug some of the other shooters sometime!

If I wanted to use them for the SS divison will they be legal for that?

Edited by steel1212

I have some that I use for my XD mags in Production and SS mags in L-10/SS. They are legal for all as long as they are positioned properly per the rules.

They come with four different inserts. Different mags need different inserts. The inserts are held in place by the same screw that is used to fix the holder position on the bracket.

They've worked very well for me and I'll never need to buy another set even if I change guns.

Edited by XD Niner

The mag pouches come with several different inserts for the different magazine types. As far as I know, they are legal in SS as well. The insert is screwed in with the provided allen wrench. No springs whatsoever.

I've used Safariland in L10 before and was using Blade Tech doubles in production. I got some of the CR's, and it was well worth it. Just used them this weekend in a match, and boy what a difference compared to my Blade Tech's. I even like them better than the Safari's.

For me, my inserts are held in with the allen screw that attaches to the holder on the belt, and also the tension screw. I've never seen a CR until I ordered mine as everyone around here uses Safariland, and was not sure about the retention of the shim, but there's no way

it coming out without disassembly of the carrier.

Retention is good, and it is very fast. I took measurements of my mag and belt, and god forbid if they change the rules for production in '08, I believe I'll still be good to go. From the inside of my outer belt to the inside of the mag, I'm just barely (a very fine hair) under 1". Don't know if they are legal in SS, as I have no experience with that division.

CR works fine for me except for PD. They sit too high for my Glock mags and if I flip them, they sit too low. I'll take the CR over the Safariland since they are smaller and more flexible where the 773 are huge and not as flexible. My personal choice, however, is the Guga Ribas (or Speed Shooters) - a lot more flexible. However, with the current 2008 rule proposal, my Gugas will be illegal since they sit the mags further than 1" away from the inside of the belt (around 1.5"). I'm hopiing that they at least change this rule to 2" or better yet - do away with it.

I guess I'll stick with my belt-fed until 08. If the CRs and safarilands are going to sit farther than an 1" out then there are going to be a lot of pissed off people. Its not just production its an 1" for everybody right?

The CR Speed pouches would position a 1911 singlestack more than 1" away from the inside of the belt too, due to the spacers needed to convert the pouch to 1911 usage.

I don't like the CR Speed pouches much. I prefer a pouch that's built for a specific magazine. The 773s are good but I like the pouches that allow the magazine to angled and rotated to match my wrist's angle when I grab the mag.

I hope the BS 1 5/8" holster and 1" magazine rule gets tossed into the junkpile (and yes, I've expressed my opinion regarding this rule at the USPSA Forums).

The CR Speed pouches would position a 1911 singlestack more than 1" away from the inside of the belt too, due to the spacers needed to convert the pouch to 1911 usage.

I don't like the CR Speed pouches much. I prefer a pouch that's built for a specific magazine. The 773s are good but I like the pouches that allow the magazine to angled and rotated to match my wrist's angle when I grab the mag.

I hope the BS 1 5/8" holster and 1" magazine rule gets tossed into the junkpile (and yes, I've expressed my opinion regarding this rule at the USPSA Forums).

The 773s move like the CRs right?

The 773s move like the CRs right?

That's right, a single pivot point parallel to the belt.

I guess my main concern would be with the CR belt and CR pouches vs CR belt and Safariland pouches with XD mags. Hell if it comes down to it I'll use my....dare I say it .....IDPA gear for SS.

This was part of the original Single Stack provisional division rules (released January of 2006) but was not mentioned in the December 2006 updated set of rules.

Magazine pouches should be designed for continuous daily carry and should be reasonably concealable.

Does that mean it was withdrawn from the rules, or because it wasn't mentioned does it mean it still stands ??? :huh:

This was part of the original Single Stack provisional division rules (released January of 2006) but was not mentioned in the December 2006 updated set of rules.

Magazine pouches should be designed for continuous daily carry and should be reasonably concealable.

Does that mean it was withdrawn from the rules, or because it wasn't mentioned does it mean it still stands ??? :huh:

Fuzzy rules again, but I would say if its "for daily carry" its IDPAish.