Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xd In Ssp

steel1212

Hey Scott,

When I pull that Glock trigger, most of that resistance is storing energy in the striker spring. That ain't SA.

The fact that the XD needs only the sear to disengage from the fully cocked striker tells me, by definition, it is SA.

Hey Scott,

When I pull that Glock trigger, most of that resistance is storing energy in the striker spring. That ain't SA.

The fact that the XD needs only the sear to disengage from the fully cocked striker tells me, by definition, it is SA.

But it that isn't DA... ;) and if you do a Glock right it pretty much feels like a SA.

The stock trigger on a XD technically moves the striker rearward (just a very tiny amount) but it does move it rearward before releasing the striker. I think that might be why it is IPSC approved.

How much movement is necessary to be considered DA or safe action?

M&P only moves the striker about .015". .015" is not that much movement. My HK P7 moves that much despite the fact you have to cock the gun before you can even fire a round, yet that is single action also.

The 3 most popular plastic guns (G, XD, M&P) have outgrown the terms SA and DA.

You can go round and round trying to fit the guns to the terms...or, not. :)

Progress, you just have to deal with it. But dealing with it means JMB designed guns must be force into a class of their own because they can be quite expensive and that just isn't fair. Hmmm.

The stock trigger on a XD technically moves the striker rearward (just a very tiny amount) but it does move it rearward before releasing the striker. I think that might be why it is IPSC approved.

I noticed that. I was thinking about cleaning (flattening) the face of the sear so that it just dumps the striker rather than move it rearward slightly. That may have "safety" implications though?. I'll bet an that an aftermarket supplier of a drop-in XD sear/striker would be popular.

Edited by TDean

Great point flex!

with evolving guns, maybe we need to just combine ESP and SSP then.. less divisions.. less chance to hide. more heads up competition????

Since glock does dominate SSP and it's not exactly double action. that might be the best solution... combine SSP and ESP.. yeah.....

Great point flex!

with evolving guns, maybe we need to just combine ESP and SSP then.. less divisions.. less chance to hide. more heads up competition????

Since glock does dominate SSP and it's not exactly double action. that might be the best solution... combine SSP and ESP.. yeah.....

Geat! Now what about those fricking 9mm 1911 guys???

less chance to hide.

Hide from whom? I have shot ESP, SSP and CDP at different points over the last few years, and the decision on which division to shot has always been driven by what gun I felt like shooting at the time not by who I would compete against in the division.

less chance to hide.

Hide from whom? I have shot ESP, SSP and CDP at different points over the last few years, and the decision on which division to shot has always been driven by what gun I felt like shooting at the time not by who I would compete against in the division.

I have to say that too. I just shoot what i feel like shooting. Sometimes I shoot the Glock, sometimes I shoot the XD. Sometimes I break out the 45 1911.

How much movement is necessary to be considered DA or safe action?

M&P only moves the striker about .015". .015" is not that much movement. My HK P7 moves that much despite the fact you have to cock the gun before you can even fire a round, yet that is single action also.

Striker schmiker.

"Safe" action, blah blah blah.

Classify the pistol action without a bunch of nonsense:

Rack the slide and pull the trigger twice on an empty chamber.

If the firing pin is struck only once, it's single action.

If the firing pin is struck twice, it's double action.

Get rid of the gray area and stop basing rules on marketing BS.

Or is that just too simple?

Striker schmiker.

"Safe" action, blah blah blah.

Classify the pistol action without a bunch of nonsense:

Rack the slide and pull the trigger twice on an empty chamber.

If the firing pin is struck only once, it's single action.

If the firing pin is struck twice, it's double action.

Get rid of the gray area and stop basing rules on marketing BS.

Or is that just too simple?

Thats what I've been saying the whole time. To me a double action is the beretta, sig, and company that the tigger moves a hammer. I don't care to shoot in ESP I just want it to be the same across the board. Hell I've never even shot in SSP.