Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scoresheets....what Do You Use?

dfwmiket

How many use the EZWin scoresheets, and how many use their own rendition?

We took the best of the ones we encounter and combined them into a workable form-

you can take a look here. Feel free to use if they help you at all.

Scoresheet

-Mike

For the non-Excel users, try this: PDF scoresheet

Edited by cnemikeman

Usually just generate them from within EzWin, in the half-sheet size.

EzWin won't let me do a scoresheet with more than 32 rds, so I use a seperate

scoresheet generator program to do the scoresheets for the Crazy Croc match.

our club uses the palm scoring system with a paper back up. we still occationally use the attached excel spread sheet printed three stages on front and three on back.

lynn

mssa_score_sheet.htm

Lynn,

I am very interested in the Palm Scoring System. My problem has been and continues to be cost. We run 7 stages at our regular monthly match and 9 at our two big matches. I see aneed for no less than 11-12 units and licenses. The best I can figure is I am looking at around $3500.

As for score sheets, we have one we developed in MSWord that incorporates our waiver, all the shooter info and 7 stages all on both sides of a single 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. The sheets stay withthe squad till the end of the day. Then Stats gets them and usually the next night the scores are done. We are looking into scoring at the range, but since we don't have non-shooting staff, it is still a bit difficult. We are thinking of sending the stats guy ahead on the last two stages and getting him started. Then maybe people willhang out for an hour and help tear it all down while the scores are being done. Its a nice pipe dream.

Jim

Whenever I at all possibly can, I use the ezws scoresheets as is, printed in the half sheet size. Using a laser printer, I print the scoresheets. Then I take that stack and feed it back into the printer the other way in (reverse orientation) and print the scoresheets again on the blank half of the pages. Then off to kinko's to copy and cut with their provided flatbed paper cutter.

However, when a stage comes along that has more targets than is supported, or odd features like disappearing targets or (this is huge) uspsa multigun stages, then I roll my own with powerpoint.

To that end, I've included a zip file containing a lot of scoresheets I've custom built over the years, including a lot of multigun stuff. Don't be put off by the filename; there's a lot of pistol match stuff in there, as well.

multigun_scoresheets.zip

As a shooter, one of my favorite scoresheets is the one used by Competitive Shooters of Statesville. Printed on 2x4 card stock, they are much easier to deal with than 1/2 sheet paper ones. I know that the club orders them as opposed to printing them, but I don't know from where.

One option would be to buy 8 1/2 x 11 card stock weight paper and then cut them apart.

I made this up in Excel this past year. I cut and paste in and out the targets and hit totals. This version has a Virginia Count stage in it...and a No-Pentaly-Mike box (and corresponding / mark on T6 for the NPM.

We run 4 stages on the front of the paper, and usually the classifier stage on the back of the paper...as printed from EZ.

Opps...I can't upload an xls file. Anybody wants it, or to host it...send me an email at my screen name @ aol.com

[edit: Mike got it uploaded for me. I split out the posts that were directed at helping me stumble through it...into their own thread in the computer section.)

our club uses the palm scoring system with a paper back up. we still occationally use the attached excel spread sheet printed three stages on front and three on back.

lynn

mssa_score_sheet.htm

We also use palm scoring at our range. We currently have 8 palms for stages and one master palm to do the uploading to the puter. We sometimes use a paper backup but most of the time we forget to do it.

lynn

mssa_score_sheet.htm

We also use palm scoring at our range. We currently have 8 palms for stages and one master palm to do the uploading to the puter. We sometimes use a paper backup but most of the time we forget to do it.

Cost factor?? How many copies of the program, how many Palms and what models? How did you pay for it? Are you doing the Mission Count? or did you just cough up the cash??

Jim

Here's the one from Flexmoney.

Flexmoney Score sheet

Thanks Mike.

When I made those I had some features in mind (which comes from entering scores).

- The boxes needed to be big enough to read (and to write in on the range, too). We had a problem with that with the old sheets we used. The RO's were having to write small to fit in the old boxes, and the stats person was going bug-eyed trying to make sure they got everything right.

- We usually run 5+ stages, so half sheets would put us onto more than one sheet of paper. With 4 stages on one side, we can put the rest on the back side of the sheet of paper (Often a full page classifier sheet from EZ, but it could be a half-sheet and allow for two more stages on the other half).

- There is plenty of room to write in the shooters name, shooter #, USPSA#, circle the proper division and the proper power factor. All of that ought to be on the score sheet.

- Each stage has a clear border around it...so no mix-ups.

- All the proper boxes are available. There is room for notes on each stage (to state the reasons for penalties, as per the rule book).

- The "time" boxes are big enough to allow the RO to write in a time that can be read easily

- There is a good place to put in No Penalty Mikes, and tally them properly. (If you don't have a proper spot for these, it is always a mess for the stats officer)

- Virginia and Comstock...got it covered.

- When printed, there is room in the margin to write in extra notes...outside of the individual stage boxes.

- It is setup to go to 16 paper targets (which would work out to our current 32 rounds max...most often). If I needed more than that, then I'd just combine two of the stages into one...and add extra stage boxes onto the back page, as needed.

- It is easy enough to cut and paste the boxes and target numbers, hit totals and such, that I like to go ahead and customize the score sheets to the actual stages before each match. They could be printed out as generic, though.

If you like it, feel free to use it. If you see something that could be improved, let me know...I might want to incorporate it.

I usually modify the scoresheets I downloaded from USPSA (the ones in the same format that USPSA uses for classifiers) print the scoresheets on one side, the course design and briefing on the other. I also save every scoresheet/course design sheet I've created because I'm sure I'll be able to find one that's close to what I want for a new COF amongst my old designs. Make one master set for the match, then run off as many copies as I need at Kinkos.

I use the Scoresheets from EzWinScore for local matches only. For major matches, I always design my own scoresheets. The one's from EzWinScore slow things down too much because of layout.

I do not like the steel at the bottoms of the columns, because in my corner of the world, most RO's scoring the stage call out "all steel" first, & they end up jumping all over the page. I put steel at the top.

I don't like that the penalties are up near the top. When I enter results, I like to keep my eyes on one line, and not jumping all over the page. It is faster to have everything I enter on one line, and there is less chance I will miss a penalty. This also makes it easier for the folks who help and verify at a major match. I realize this seems like a very small thing, but when you have 300 shooters and 10 to 14 stages, those fractions of a second add up.

I design them in Excel & there is room for a label at the bottom & for comments between the Signature-Time of Day lines and the penalties.

I am enclosing a sample stage from last year's Summer Blast

Stage 9 - 2006 Summer Blast

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

Edited by LChico