Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dirtypool40

dirtypool40

LOL, soon.

Right now I am plum tuckered out. @nd day of the class and had a blast, lots of movement, shoot offs, par time and partials.

Didn't shoot much but demo'd timing and trapping a swinger with the 6" and so far I like how it moves.

more to come...

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

more to come...

SLACKER

Don't make me use the "mom is going in for surgery so we had Thanksgiving in addition to teaching a calss this weekend" excuse..... cuz I'll do it!!!!

There will be several cameras down at Mom's, and I'll post new pics, and range diary entries once I'm there.

Edited by dirtypool40

Got out for a little practice "class" with some buds today, had a blast and my "spiel" really feels likes it's coming together. didn't really shoot much, maybe 100 rounds worth of demo-ing, and lots of dry fire / movement drills with the new gun. So far I am liking the 6", still noticing tighter hits and not really seeing a difference in times.

More to come as I actually get to practice this coming week.

Had my first match with the new 6" gun. Titusville is probably the best local match in FL, and today was no exception.

Jeff Degracia shot Limited today and was right on my ass all day, he shot a solid, clean match. I had one solid stage, and was able to squeak out the Limited win with it, but a lazy missed reload and MIKE :mellow: on the classifier (our last stage) cost me the match over the open guys. Those Open guys were not that safe from "Tiro" and I, finishing less than 5 measly points out in front.

I need some more time with it, but so far I like what I am seeing with the 6" gun.

Edited by dirtypool40

Thanks Mike, actually I am sans practice and match since the sex-shunal. That was just the joy of getting out with the boys.

You and Greg are getting rrrrrrrrrrright there ain't cha? M or GM card in the near future for you both.

As to coating, if IF I get the freakin' tubes this week, the coating order goes off the next. I can't really get fired up about practicing until I get it back so I know it's not going anywhere. I want some uninterrupted practice time with it, and it'll be gone a month getting that sexy coating.

PM me how many you have ready to go. I have 4. we only have to make 10.

Today I went and shot IDPA, on the 10th anniversary of my first match ever, at the club I started at.

My gun didn't get back in time, so I ended up scrounging gun, gear and ammo last minute, with predictable results. <_<

Edited by dirtypool40

• 2 weeks later...

Sexy 6" is off getting IONBONDED, so I went back to the 5".

First match in a couple of weeks. I had a lot of fun but what a roller coaster :wacko: .

I won Limited by 12% and missed the overall win by 22 points. All of that was on one stage where I edged a popper, had a malf and then lost calibration.

The oddities just kept coming, my gun started tripling. My fault for putzing around with things. :unsure: and I swear, I seen a lot o stuff in my life, but that........ was......... AWESOME!!!! :goof: The targets were only 7-12y away so the hits were all there. I felt like ROBO COP!!!! :blush:

Let's see, next stage I loaded my pinky into the gun. Sure, we're all done that, but I've never it that hard. So hard in fact my nail is several shades of black and green and I have a blood blister on the tip of my finger. :yawn: Yoooooooooooooooowwww!!!! It throbbed the rest of the day (still is) and my hand was numb enough I missed the reload on the next stage.

IDPA yesterday. I was HOA shooting another slip slidin' roller coaster match. Great bunch of guys though, my squad, and I learn a little more each time. I'm also setting up stages and think I'll make a couple of IDPA matches my regular routine, especially once I get my black light rail SV back from IONBOND.

Good relaxed practice with PaulW today. We shot the partials, and lots of work on plates. It's great to have PaulW in Limited, and I look forward to getting stronger trying to keep up as he finds his top gear with iron sights.

My draw was rough most of the day and it cost me on "crazy plates". I dropped six freakin' plates, including 3 going in @ 25y and 2 comin' out at 25y. But first practice back, what did I expect. :rolleyes:

Then we started at 10 and kept backing up, 5y at a time, adding a second for every five yards. I went clean back to 25, dropped one (first shot AGAIN) there, then clean at 30 and dropped one (first shot AGAIN!!!) at 35.

We ended with some speed runs @ 10, and while I've never been a world beater at steel runs, I did put up some 2.5x's and matched my best of 2.49. Again, draw was a 1/10th off so it cost me some serious good times (for me). I also ran some alternating, crazy plate style and had several runs down around 2.55-2.65 but nothing clean.

Ended the day with a 1.19 draw to a plate @ 25y which is solid for me. So, clearly more work is needed to make that consistent.

All in all, I am getting fired up about shooting again, and this was a good first step. :cheers:

Edited by dirtypool40

Good, relaxed practice with ZHunter today. It was FREEZING and windy. Yowch!!! :surprise:

Started kinda rough but we got some good work in.

Shootin Bianchi plates near to far I dropped 6 SIX!!!! on the two 25y runs. :rolleyes:

Then we started again @ 10y and went one run at each distance, backing all the way up to 35y and adding a second to the par for every 5y. (30y par is 10, 35y par is 11).

I went clean all the way back to 30, then dropped 1 and went clean at 35. I'll take it! :cheers:

Jay and I ended the day horsing around with a new game, a modification of a "pick up plates" drill the Burner had us doing at his class. Jay was calling it "Tennis Plates", and I like it.

Back up from the plates. We could only get to 35y so that's where we shot from. (50 is better still!!) :goof:

Shooter #1 gets one round at the first plate. If he hits it, shooter #2 shoots at the next plate.

There's no score until someone misses their plate. If it's shooter #1's plate and he misses, #2 get's a chance to score. Like an "advantage" in tennis.

The pressure ebbs and flows. On your plates the pressure is not to give an opening, on his, be ready to snatch a point.

You have to be far enough back that it's a tough shot, I'd say at least 25-30y, I got this idea from shooting plates in a group from 50y at the "Burner's".

Grab a partner and try it.

BTW, DP shot my 6" gun, I guess I get no love, not a mention!! :angry2:

Of course not. Its not his 6" gun... ;)

Ok, not my tastes visually, but mechanically that thing has a top flight pedigree. I didn't shoot but 10-15 rounds, but it was nice.

Jay shot a HELLUVA match today at Titusville.

I on the other hand, started the year off with a stinker. HUGE local match, lot of good shooters including Shannon and Jeff Degracia, plus PaulW on iron sights. I dug a nasty hole for myself on the first stage, then shot two decent stages and then BURIED my match with two mikes, a missed reloads and four extra shots. :rolleyes: I finished with a very conservative run on the classifier, but the damage had been done, and it's was yooogly. :rolleyes:

Time to get back to practice and take things seriously.

I hate it that I am currently down here in Sarasota, FL but could not make this match. :angry:

I sill maintain that Titusville is the best local match in FL, and this one was AWESOME. Stages were grrrrrrrrrreat. They always do a good job. :cheers:

I can't tell you how much I regret not getting any pictures of the FL section match back in Nov. I was so focused on my shooting that I didnt even bring my camera. Those were some great stages & props.

Where's your spinning wheel of doom NOW! :lol:

Zhunter and Dirtypool40 how you did your match?

We shot in different divisions. ZHunter show very well, as well as I have seen him shoot. He won his division (Single Stack) and is well on his way to a Master classification. I shot poorly on three of five stage, and finished about 20% a normal / solid match.