Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Johnson 3gun

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I just shot my first 3-gun match. I had a blast! I learned a bunch of important information about scoring/shooting.

JJ and Denise put on a great match and are wonderful folks. The RO's were helpful and friendly. I met some fantastic people this weekend and look forward to see ALL of you again!

I'm hooked... B)

~Nanci~

and.....Nancy won top Lady Open!!!! Very good shooting!!!

+1 on everything Nancy said...Rod and I can't thank JJ and Denise enough for all the hard work.... Putting on a match is a major undertaking, and they did a great job! Everything ran smoothly, the RO's were awesome, Squad 1 was the best :) and the stages were challenging!

The Rifle raffle was really awesome...I won!!! Wow, some days you are just plain blessed! This was one for me...Thank you Sabre Defence!

Cheryl :)

Hmmm! Cheryl won top lady Tactical... I wonder why she didn't mention that?

Thank-you to everyone! You shooters were awesome! We stayed on time and had some long, complicated stages. JJ and I can't say thanks enough to all your work as shooters! Your help in tear-down was so appreciated. Finishing early was a happy surprise!

And

RO's - Dennis, Otto, Travis, Gary, Jimmy L, Josh, OB, Mark, Peter, Billy and of course James and Adam C (the steel masters.)

I can't tell you how hard they worked! They sped up stage times and were so efficient. We were out in over 90 degree heat for two and up to four days, and they were so cool and never complained! I don't know what we would have done without them! They were awesome!

:cheers: to Pueblo West Sportsman's Association for allowing us to use their range, and of course to our sponsors, too! Dillon, Sportsman's Warehouse, Brownell's, Flash Target, CMMG, Dave's Metal Works, Arredondo, Grams Engineering, Nordic Components, R & R Racing, Cavalry Arms, DPMS, Trijicon, and of course our match sponsor Sabre Defense! We couldn't have done it without you! Grant - thanks for helping us run RO's and tear down and for shooting with us! We were so glad to have you there!

JJ and I were pretty pleased that you all seemed to shoot the stages in so many different ways! We wanted lots of choices, and you guys tried lots of different stuff! Hope you enjoyed it! Did you like all the choices? Or, was it too painful?

Anyway, I could go on, and usually do! Thanks to everyone!

I think I'm going to sleep for a week, but when I wake up, I'll figure out how to post the scores to the website, and you can see how great everyone did!

Good-night!

Denise and JJ

Yes...Cheryl won Top Lady in Tactical and Top Lady Overall...I believe. And the top prize! Good day...eh?

And the colored Lilliputian targets were definately invoking lots of...what color, which target, do I shoot blue now or green, no I already shot that color, shoot brown, does anyone know what color I'm supposed to be shooting at?

And what about those extra large coveralls? :goof:

The stages were REALLY cool, especially 3 and 9 for me. There was not one stage where anyone who is honest can say it was not either challenging or really fun to shoot, or more likely, both. It was fun to see like 15 or more different ways to shoot the same stage, not just in how to shoot the targets, but which gun(s) to shoot with and where in the stage to switch. I think there were at least 15 different ways to START stage 7 depending on where you staged a firearm, started with both, and whether or not you used one or both. Thanks to the sponsors for the support of this match specifically and the shooting sports in general. I sure hope they decide to put it on again next year and see it grow some. It was great to meet some new people I would have never met otherwise.

We've gotten up at dawn on the desert for the last few days, so we couldn't even sleep in this morning! :angry2:

The Final Results are posted on the website:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/

Congratulations to all our shooters! :D

1st Open - James Darst

2nd Open - Russell Kruse

1st Open Senior - John Grimm

1st Open Super Senior - Leon Denina

1st Open Lady - Nanci Lambert

1st Tactical Scope - Eric Miller

2nd Tactical Scope - Glenn Shelby

3rd Tactical Scope - Brock Flynn

4th Tactical Scope - Tom Freeman

5th Tactical Scope - James Casanova

6th Tactical Scope - Mike Dowd

7th Tactical Scope - Hung Dang

1st Tactical Scope Senior - Andy Horner

2nd Tactical Scope Senior(1st Super Senior) - Rod Current

3rd Tactical Scope Senior - Steven Ochs

1st Tactical Scope Military - Tom Freeman

1st Tactical Scope Law - Mike Dowd

1st Tactical Scope Lady - Cheryl Current

1st Tactical Iron - Jason Hosaka

2nd Tactical Iron - Randy Gray

1st He-Man - Jimmy Holdsworth

2nd He-Man - Eddie Rhodes

1st He-Man Law - Eddie Rhodes

1st He-Man Senior - Eddie Rhodes

1st He-Man Super Senior - Darrell Humphrey

We also put up a few pictures on our website.

Thanks again to everyone who joined us! We hope you had lots of fun!

Denise and JJ

Congrats to the MD,RM and RO's and all the staff involved-Excellent match and a job well done!

VERY challanging match, had a great time-Would for sure shoot it again.

It was also nice to see new faces in the 3-gun arena.

-J

Ouch!

What on earth did you do to that hand/finger? :(

Stage 9. You had to pull the rope to release the first bird.

The first couple of people had some difficulty with it, so the RO told me to make sure I pulled it HARD.

I pulled. Nothing.

I pulled harder. Nothing.

I pulled really hard....and the rope slipped through my fingers and gave me a rope-burn.

Turns out the rope had gotten tangled around something and couldn't be pulled.

Hoser re-routed and adjusted the thrower. All was well after that. Except my hand.

Mike

:o

Anyone missing a bluetooth? One was found up in the parking area for Stage 9 on Sunday after the first squad shot.

Also, a Dillon bag with 9mm brass and ammo in it as well as some gold shotgun hulls was found on 6, we think.

Let us know at: johnson3gun@earthlink.net

Thanks to everyone who came out and shot with us! You guys were great!

Denise and JJ