Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rra 2-stage Trigger Any Good?

tverho

I love my RRA 2 stage National Match trigger!

I added the Tubb Precision AR-15 Natl Match CS Trigger/Hammer spring set to mine. Smooths the pull out so nice. Very nice addition for $17.95.

Here is a link http://www.davidtubb.com/ar-15-natl-match-cs-trig-hamr-spring-set

Here is the product description straight from the website.

" All the features of the Tubb Precision CS AR-15 Hammer and Trigger Return spring set plus an ingenious means toward attaining an improved first stage pull weight in aftermarket two-stage triggers.

The Tubb Precision CS AR-15 "National Match" Trigger Return Spring provides an easy means to boost first stage weight, which makes it possible to lower second stage break weight, and easily stay within the 4-1/2 pound minimum for Service Rifle competition. Plus, as with all Tubb Precision CS Springs, you are ensured of trigger pull weight consistency, a critical factor for major events. Hammer Spring is included."

I've got three of them. All tuned by WOA. One in a 3Gun build, one in a DCM gun and one in a plinker. They are all just a hair over 4 pounds with a 3lb first stage and a 1.1pound or so second stage. Love them as the 3Gun and plinker have several thousand rounds each fired on them and the DCM gun is a safe queen. :surprise:

I've got three of them. All tuned by WOA. One in a 3Gun build, one in a DCM gun and one in a plinker. They are all just a hair over 4 pounds with a 3lb first stage and a 1.1pound or so second stage. Love them as the 3Gun and plinker have several thousand rounds each fired on them and the DCM gun is a safe queen. :surprise:

Are yours the NM version? My RRA's two stage breaks right at 3.25 lbs.

I tune them often, and it's merely cutting the faces clean..

They are nice hard triggers and nice for tuning in my opinion and I've used

them a long time now..

There are several good one's available including those such as the "Drop in Modules" by Timney,

Wilson, Chip McCormick and others..

Edited by gunfixer

I've had the RRA two stage match trigger in my RRA for a couple of years. It has functioned quite well and it was a big improvement over the stock. However, in an effort to tighten my groups up, everything I've read says to get a better trigger. Sooo, I decided to bite the bullet and have a Geissele SD-E trigger on the way. Cant wait to give it a test drive. :devil:

I've had the RRA two stage match trigger in my RRA for a couple of years. It has functioned quite well and it was a big improvement over the stock. However, in an effort to tighten my groups up, everything I've read says to get a better trigger. Sooo, I decided to bite the bullet and have a Geissele SD-E trigger on the way. Cant wait to give it a test drive. :devil:

THE SD-E is awesome...just got mine yesterday. :wub: :wub: :wub:

RRA is great. Been using mine in the same lower for around 8000rds. Its smoother and crisper than when i first got it. Definately better triggers out there but for way more $$. My favorite trigger iv ever used is the AR-Gold. But for $400 I will just spend it on ammo.