Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para/sti Triggers And A Few Other ?

mshotwell

i just bought a Cylinder and Slide kit to replace all the ignition components. Used one of these to convert it from a series 80 to a series 70. My para is a competition gun only so I saw no use for the extra parts :P .

If I use the filler do I need to switch to a series70 parts? My gun is ipsc only too.

It would be nice to do away with the firing pin block.

Thanks

Shotwell

Most of the ignition parts will interchange between a series 70 and 80 (firing pin for a series 70 and 80 are different but won't matter if you're gonna use that slot filler) . With the slot filler, you'll get rid of the firing pin plunger and spring, plunger lever and the trigger bar lever (These are the names according to the dawson catalog). I'm not sure about the grip safety. Everyone sells stainless and steel grip safeties but Ed brown (Seems like the majority prefer this brand of grip safety) also has them for a series 70 and 80. Not sure what the difference is. Can someone verify the difference.

Edited by yoshidaex

Most of the ignition parts will interchange between a series 70 and 80 (firing pin for a series 70 and 80 are different but won't matter if you're gonna use that slot filler) . With the slot filler, you'll get rid of the firing pin plunger and spring, plunger lever and the trigger bar lever (These are the names according to the dawson catalog). I'm not sure about the grip safety. Everyone sells stainless and steel grip safeties but Ed brown (Seems like the majority prefer this brand of grip safety) also has them for a series 70 and 80. Not sure what the difference is. Can someone verify the difference.

If I remember right, a (the?) difference has to do with the width of the arm that blocks trigger movement. Because of the additional Series 80 parts, the arm needs to be narrower.

Should I think about replacing other interal parts at the same time?

Many Para shooters tend to change out the plastic mag release to a steel model, and change out the fire control group to a quality set of parts. (Seems that the Para rear (adjustable) sight used to have some breakage issues too?)

With my Para, I removed all of the Series 80 garbage and reassembled with aforementioned block. Everything still works except the firing pin safety. Doing so took my trigger pull from a little over five pounds to just under 4.

Joe

If I remember right, a (the?) difference has to do with the width of the arm that blocks trigger movement. Because of the additional Series 80 parts, the arm needs to be narrower.

hmmm... i wonder if thats causing my para to have a slight "click" when i depress the grip safety....

oh well, no going back now. I used a wilson grip safety and the radius is different compared to a ed brown unit. i could weld up some material but i'm too lazy to do that now.

so remember mshotwell, use a ed brown series 80 grip saftey or else you'll end up in the same boat as me. click, click, click.......

Edited by yoshidaex

Ok here is what I want too do, if I can. Replace the trigger, install the filler, remove the firing pin block and other parts. I'm going to work with a friend of mine, who does most of his own work. I could just send it off, but I really like to know how thinks work. What replacement trigger do you guys prefer? Any other advice is truly welcome.

Thanks

Mshotwell

Edited by mshotwell